It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've had enough of these 'Solid Earth Theory' threads. How many do we need?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
When will these "Solid Earth" kooks stop clogging up ATS with their crackpot theories? Seriously, I'm going to explode if I see another nutjob article on 'mantle', 'core', this layer, that layer.... It's high time these threads got banished to Hoaxes and the Bizarre, where they belong.

The fact is:

Man has never drilled below 7 miles, so anything below that is just inference, conjecture and hypothesis.

I'm currently ploughing through Scribd, there's some excellent stuff there if you look hard....

The Kola Borehole

One scientist commented: 'Every time we drill a hole we find the unexpected. That's exciting, but disturbing.' And a science reporter remarked: 'Kola revealed how far from truth scientific theory can roam.' At the Kola hole, scientists expected to find 4.7 km of metamorphosed sedimentary and volcanic rock, then a granitic layer to a depth of 7 km (the 'Conrad discontinuity'), with a basaltic layer below it. The granite, however, appeared at 6.8 km and extends to more than 12 km; no basaltic layer was ever found. Seismic-reflection surveys, in which sound waves sent into the crust bounce back off contrasting rock types, have detected the Conrad discontinuity beneath all the continents, but the standard interpretation that it represents a change from granitic to basaltic rocks is clearly wrong.

From David Pratt's Inner Earth Mysteries

Kola Super deep Borehole on Wikipedia

Plenty more in the Wiki article. No, it doesn't prove that there's a race of reptoid giants living there, but that's not the point... There's plenty of weirdness going on underground. I'm not hoping to advance a complete theory, just open a few doors for anyone who wants to look further.

Deep Earthquakes

A deep-focus earthquake is an earthquake that occurs at depths between 300 and 700 km beneath the Earth's surface.[1] Their cause is still not entirely understood since subducted lithosphere at that pressure and temperature regime should not exhibit brittle behavior. They are believed to be associated with mineralogical phase changes within the slab, such as olivine transforming into a more compact spinel structure. Deep focus earthquakes usually occur within subduction zones at oceanic-continental convergent boundaries.

From wikipedia on Deep Earthquakes (bold mine)

From Inner Earth Mysteries:

Most earthquakes are shallow, no deeper than 20-25 km, and occur when rocks snap and fracture under increasing stress. Earthquakes at much greater depths pose a major challenge to the standard earth model because below about 60 km, the rocks should be so hot and tightly compacted that they become ductile; instead of breaking catastrophically under stress, they should deform or flow plastically. Yet 30% of earthquakes occur at depths exceeding 70 km, and some have been recorded as far down as 700 km. Most deep-focus earthquakes occur in Benioff zones; in plate-tectonic theory these deep-rooted fault zones are labelled 'subduction zones', where slabs of ocean lithosphere supposedly plunge into the earth's mantle (though there is abundant evidence contradicting this hypothesis [1]). However, some deep earthquakes have shaken Romania and the Hindu Kush where there are no 'subduction zones'. A variety of mechanisms for deep earthquakes have been proposed, but they are all controversial [2]

Jan Lamprecht on Seismic Anomalies

We take a lot of stuff for granted but there are some fairly interesting holes in seismology theory.

Google Video Link

Edmund Halley and Euler on The Hollow Earth

Halley discovered the comet, Euler was one of the most talented mathematicians of all time... Again, I am just trying to show that Solid Earth theory is not universally accepted.

Harder to understand is why the idea survived several centuries of scientific progress, including the powerful notion of nature’s horror vacui. In a 1692 scientific paper, Edmund Halley – yes, he of comet fame – put forth the idea that Earth consists of a shell about 800 km thick, and of two inner concentric shells and an innermost core with about the same diameter as the planet Mars.

Halley did have scientific grounds for his rather bizarre thought-construct. It tried to explain why compass readings could be so anomalous: each of the inner spheres had their own magnetic poles and rotated at differing speeds. To compound his error, Halley proposed that the inner spheres might be inhabited and that the inner atmosphere was made up of luminous gases that, when escaping outward, cause the Aurora borealis.

Euler

Later theorists came up with variations to Halley’s model. In the seventeenth century, Leonhard Euler proposed a single-shell hollow Earth with a small sun (1.000 km across) at the centre, providing light and warmth for an inner-Earth civilisation. Others proposed two inner suns, and even named them: Pluto and Proserpine.

Inner Earth Myths

Myths from every single culture or country on Earth mention subterranean ancestors, and either a migration to or from the underworld.

From Mary Sutherland's In Search of Shambhalla

This is a very small excerpt from a huge chapter where Mary draws together some myths from all over the world...

According to New Mexican Myth, Montezuma was born near Tao and allegedly trained by beings who lived in caverns, inside Pueblo Peak.The Aztecs tell of their ancestors coming from a land called Aztlan. After escaping its destruction they ended up in a cavern called Chicomoztoc, or the Seven Cavern Cities of Gold. This is where they lived before emerging to the surfaceAustralian aborigines believe their ancestors came up out of the ground and traveled about the country creating new tribes. This belief also lies with the tribes Bengal, Burma, Caroline Islands, Papua New Guinea and Malaysia.

Skullduggery at the Smithsonian, David Hatcher Childress

On April 5, 1909 a Phoenix newspaper called the Arizona Gazette published an article in its evening edition which claimed the an Egypto-Tibetan culture lived in the Grand Canyon. Running on the front page under the headline "Explorations in the Grand Canyon," the anonymous story claimed that the find was "not only the oldest archaeological discovery in the United States, but one of the most valuable in the world." [..]

In his narrative Kinkaid described a series of tunnels and passages with a cross chamber near the entrance in which stood a statue: "The idol almost resembles Buddha, though the scientists are not certain as to what religious worship it represents. Taking into consideration everything found thus far, it is possible that this worship most resembles the ancient people of Tibet."

The article goes on to discuss the debate surrounding the claims...

Read it here

There's so much more.... Debate is welcome, but see if you can come up with something a bit better than appeal to ridicule or appeal to authority

I'm not proposing that the Earth is Hollow, merely that there's a lot of stuff still to be discovered

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
interesting points

i do agree no one knows what is really down there

but hollow earth theory is equally as fanciful and ridiculous as any other theory

how can an earthquake hundreds of km below the surface occur if it was hollow? it couldnt...

there is definitely something down there tho, the question really is

Is it solid or is it liquid (i seriously doubt it is just gas)

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
from your article you linked
"A deep-focus earthquake is an earthquake that occurs at depths between 300 and 700 km beneath the Earth's surface.[1] Their cause is still not entirely understood since subducted lithosphere at that pressure and temperature regime should not exhibit brittle behavior. "

if the earth was hollow, this earthquake could never have happened

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Check out Lamprecht's lecture, he talks about deep earthquakes in detail. Also check out NASA quotes about the moon 'ringing like a bell' and Tesla's findings on Earthquakes.

[edit on 16f20090amSun, 07 Jun 2009 00:42:24 -050024 by HiAliens]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
from your article you linked
"A deep-focus earthquake is an earthquake that occurs at depths between 300 and 700 km beneath the Earth's surface.[1] Their cause is still not entirely understood since subducted lithosphere at that pressure and temperature regime should not exhibit brittle behavior. "

if the earth was hollow, this earthquake could never have happened

First, I'm not saying HET is correct, just that SET has holes in it. I believe that the Earth may be honeycombed somehow. If the first layer of the Earths crust was 800 km thick, why couldn't these deep quakes occur?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'd be suprised if there wasn't miles high caves, or lakes/oceans hidden deep below, why not?

We really haven't investigated much, it's actually kind of scary to think of how deep we can go and what would happen.

What is the limit, with heat etc? hmmm

[edit on 7-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
i think the honeycomb theory you mentioned is pretty good

now thats something that actually makes a good bit of sense

honeycomb or sponge-like

so there would be alot of open space down there

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

First, I'm not saying HET is correct, just that SET has holes in it. I believe that the Earth may be honeycombed somehow. If the first layer of the Earths crust was 800 km thick, why couldn't these deep quakes occur?

if we have never drilled below 7miles, than how do you know the crust is that deep?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
also another question

solid /liquid earth theories explain where Lava comes from

however, hollow earth theory does not seem to explain where all of the lava comes from (at least from my limited knowledge)

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

And yet you start a new thread when you could have posted your comments and thoughts in an existing one!!!!!

Hypocrite!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Delete. Further investigation strongly suggests crackpottery.

[edit on 6/7/2009 by EnlightenUp]

[edit on 6/7/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

also another question

solid /liquid earth theories explain where Lava comes from

however, hollow earth theory does not seem to explain where all of the lava comes from (at least from my limited knowledge)
Please review this thread for a possible alternative explanation as to where "Lave" may come from. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i personally think that what lies beyond is some sort of abstract blackhole : that would explain all the unexplained phenomenons such as ghosts, time travel and stuff. Also, Stephen Hawking proved that blackholes emit stuff and that they can affect what's around them by sending plasma beams. Also singularity doesn't exist in physics so i'm sure we can find a kind of blackhole that wouldn't absord anyhting but just sit there and disrupt us without ever growing or having any additional effects.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

if we have never drilled below 7miles, than how do you know the crust is that deep?

True, that was just off the top of my head from one of the theories I heard.

Honeycomb? Yeah, thanks, it may be true- What I'm trying to do with this thread is explore the many shades of grey between hollow and solid earth theory. There's so many other possibilities, why do we so often get locked into a binary argument here on ATS? There's no decent discussion, from what I've seen, only people calling each other crackpots, an imbecelic level of debate.

Lava? check out Lamprecht's interviews with Noory on youtube, it's one of the most interesting parts of the whole deal. While I may disagree with his total theory, his research is stellar. He answers a lot of the FAQs often brought up, like lava, temperatures rising as depth increases. I'm afraid I dont know enough off the top of my head ot give an answer but I'll check it out. A google search for "deepest lava" shows we really haven't found it that deep.

[edit on 16f20090pmSun, 07 Jun 2009 19:48:10 -050010 by HiAliens]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
He didn't say he knew it was that deep, thats why he said "if" at the beginning of that sentence.

And with a radius of over 6,000 km a 800km deep quake still doesn't exactly discount a hollow possibility.

Also the depths of quakes are speculative too, just like the rest of the seismic model.

Lava chambers can still exist, that doesn't imply its lava all the way to the core however.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I agree with the OP..

I mean there are reports of people going into the hollow earth but no one ever reported going down into the "solid earth" to verify what we are spoon feed in shcool.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
haha well said reevster.

i recently tried to find evidence of those lovely glossy multilayer pictures they showed us in geography class. its a little worrying when you finally discover that is based on inferences from vibrations being recorded on the SURFACE

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Leaping from "geological anomalies" straight to "THE EARTH IS HOLLOW!" is, in a word, dumb. it's like the ID cretins who assert that any question or mistake made in biology immediately means their hypothesis is "true".

All it means is that we've found something weird that may challenge current models. This does not invalidate the entire branch of science. Just changes and refines some aspects of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hollow Earth May Be the Weirdest Theory of the World

So wait, what? The Earth … hollow? Yes, it’s an insane theory, and yes it is as fictitious as the fairy tales that gave rise to it, yet at the same time it can’t be directly disproved. Why? Because we have never actually dug more than about 15 miles below the surface of the Earth, so there is no 100% direct evidence the Earth is solid through an through!

www.loc.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">oddorama.com...

Jules Verne wrote Journey to the Center of the Earth in 1864. Does anyone really think that a man in those times could just dream up this story? Check this: in 1906, William Reed published The Phantom of the Poles in which he claimed that nobody had found the north or south poles because they don't exist. Instead, the poles are entrances to the hollow Earth. We really need a poll here. Here is a page with many sources on the Hollow Earth theory.
[url]http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/SciRefGuides/hollowearth.html
This is part eight of our radio interview on Coast To Coast AM with George Noory about the Hollow Earth Theory and our book: The Land of No Horizon.
[url]/nwrygp" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.loc.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">oddorama.com...

Jules Verne wrote Journey to the Center of the Earth in 1864. Does anyone really think that a man in those times could just dream up this story? Check this: in 1906, William Reed published The Phantom of the Poles in which he claimed that nobody had found the north or south poles because they don't exist. Instead, the poles are entrances to the hollow Earth. We really need a poll here. Here is a page with many sources on the Hollow Earth theory.
[url]http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/SciRefGuides/hollowearth.html
This is part eight of our radio interview on Coast To Coast AM with George Noory about the Hollow Earth Theory and our book: The Land of No Horizon.
[url]/nwrygp
Here is a page with many images that show evidence for a hollow Earth.
www.burlingtonnews.net...
Here is a very large page with many theories, fiction books, essays, and internet links:
www.bouncepage.com...

I just turned and asked my wife the question, "Planet Earth, solid, or hollow?" she replied, "both." What do I think? Well, I have read many books and papers that dwelt on this fascinating subject matter, and I too think the Earth is hollow, and that there are entrances all over the world. I am pretty sure that one location for an entrance is Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. The thing that really cemented this for me was Deep Underground Military Bases and the Black Budget, Phil Schneider's last lecture in 1995. I believed Phil, although many don't, and he told a fascinating story I'm sure many of you are familiar with.
www.whale.to...

Quotes
"The New World Order and the Alien Agenda is one and the same, it is world takeover of the population of the planet. There are 9 races of alien populations...they get high off our adrenal gland substances, it is something like coc aine to them."---Area 51 - Sometime 1995

He initially believed that the underground bases were for legitimate national security and he wanted to ‘come clean’ and tell about their true purposes. An average base costs $17 billion. Black Ops budget is half a trillion dollars per year: a quarter of the US gross national product. Black Budget is not monitored by Congress--it’s an independent taxing body but is mainly financed by drug operations by the CIA, NSA and the Drug Enforcement Administration, also the FBI, more recently. An FBI man tried to tell the public about this and was murdered in January, ‘95. [EW 2007] Phil Schneider Was Murdered in 1996 for This

The Black Budget currently consumes $1.25 trillion per year. At least this amount is used in black programs, like those concerned with deep underground military bases. Presently, there are 129 deep underground military bases in the United States. They have been building these 129 bases day and night, unceasingly, since the early 1940's. Some of them were built even earlier than that. These bases are basically large cities underground connected by high-speed magneto-leviton trains that have speeds up to Mach 2. Several books have been written about this activity. ......The average depth of these bases is over a mile, and they again are basically whole cities underground. They all are between 2.66 and 4.25 cubic miles in size. They have laser-drilling machines that can drill a tunnel seven miles long in one day. Deep Underground Military Bases and the Black Budget---Phil Schneider's last lecture of 1995

The federal government has now invented an earthquake device. I am a geologist, and I know what I am talking about. With the Kobe earthquake in Japan, there was no pulsewave as in a normal earthquake. None. In 1989, there was an earthquake in San Francisco. There was no pulse wave with that one either. It is a Tesla device that is being used for evil purposes. The black budget programs have subverted science as we know it. Deep Underground Military Bases and the Black Budget---Phil Schneider's last lecture of 1995

I believe I have been lied to, and I am not taking it any longer, so I'm telling you that you've been lied to. Deep Underground Military Bases and the Black Budget---Phil Schneider's last lecture of 1995

A hollow Earth would explain a lot of things, not only Reptilians, but other beings that would surely live beneath the surface. There is one theory at least that we live on the inside, but I kinda doubt that one. Remember a few years ago when people out west were reporting underground noise? Mysterious booms, annoyingly persistent hums, and underground mechanical rumblings that defy explanation. What could this be? I have entertained the thought that what they are hearing may be machinery being installed or tested, and that some kind of engineering was going on. I have had dreams and visions of a Golden Race for most of my life, and many ancient cultures speak of being that came from caves, of from the water, like the Dogon in Africa, for instance. The Dogon called them the Nommo. The Nommos, according to the Dogon legend, lived on a planet that orbits another star in the Sirius system. They landed on Earth in an "ark" that made a spinning decent to the ground with great noise and wind. It was the Nommos that gave the Dogon the knowledge about Sirius B.

The legend goes on to say the Nommos also furnished the Dogon's with some interesting information about our own solar system: That the planet Jupiter has four major moons, that Saturn has rings and that the planets orbit the sun. These were all facts discovered by Westerners only after Galileo invented the telescope. To me, this is proof of alien intervention on mankind. Suppose there are many races of beings that live in the inner Earth with it's central Sun? Possible, at least, and probable too.
Related:
www.bbsradio.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.burlingtonnews.net...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
i think they'res thousands of miles of underground caves and they probably go down at least 50 miles.

other than that, probably rocks and lava.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join