It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Google trying to tell us something?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is my first thread on ATS, please be gentle.

Today I went to Google and realized that their logo was REALLY weird.
Here it is:

They are announcing it as being a commemoration of 25 years of Tetris.
But it seems like there is more to it, it's simply just too weird.
The pieces are not exactly like Tetris pieces and we can hardly read "Google".

What I found most intriguing though is that there is this big "block" with only one space - a perfect space - to make a "tetris combo", 4 lines being completed at the same time. The max you can do at once.

So, am I the only one that feels a subliminal message here?
Are they referring to a possible disclosure?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I doubt it - I went to a school here (in the uk) and one of the pupils won a prize for a google logo - so i doubt this a lot

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't see the connection. I'm not sure how you can get from Tetris to disclosure out of that. Can you explain it for my simple mind?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
I doubt it - I went to a school here (in the uk) and one of the pupils won a prize for a google logo - so i doubt this a lot

I don't understand what that has to do with anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Hello & welcome to ATS!

i think it's only because Tetris was created on June 6, 1984 (25th birthday)

_goto_

[edit on 6-6-2009 by _goto_]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Exactly, it's nothing.

I swear some of you people on here try to turn every little thing into a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
I don't see the connection. I'm not sure how you can get from Tetris to disclosure out of that. Can you explain it for my simple mind?

The descending piece will fill up the screen, it will be a big move.
After the descending piece fits in - and you can see that it is the last piece needed which will make all the connections - there will be a new start, with the screen cleaned a bit.

Am I being comprehensible?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
thats a stretch. How does that imply disclosure is close?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
reply to post by Silk

Exactly, it's nothing.

I swear some of you people on here try to turn every little thing into a conspiracy.

I always thought that the only way to start realizing the existence of a conspiracy is through little things...I mean, if conspiracies in fact exist, people who are involved in it will do everything to mascaraed it, to make seem like is just something normal.

If you are trying to find signs you have to look everywhere, why leave the little things out?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu

Are they referring to a possible disclosure?

Tetris disclosure maybe. Tetris is really a NWO plot developed by the Mayans and starpeople designed to enslave us by 2012

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by born-indigo
thats a stretch. How does that imply disclosure is close?

Well, I'll try to explain for the third time.
I thought it was pretty obvious, but that it could be just a coincidence.
I find it weird that you guys are not seeing what I see.

So, there is this "mass on the ground" with a missing piece. Just one, perfect missing piece that when it fits into it (and it is descending like a ray of some sort, almost an analogy to light as I see it) the mass on the ground will be cleared, "points will be gained" at the same time as "pieces will disappear" and there will be a new start with a lot of space to build on.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

You misunderstood my statement, I'm not surprise. It went over your head.

An example of what I meant when I said every little thing, I meant stuff like stickers or toenails.

Everything in the world is not a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It would be a boring logo if they wouldn't have incarcerated the most fun thing in the game - the big block fitting in. The block is the letter 'L' from Google, btw.

I don't think you need to look for a special meaning; they just put some thought in it. Just try to imagine the logo without the big block - it just turns into a pile of blocks. It needs this element to induce the feeling of nostalgia, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Its nothing

Stop trying to turn everything into an alien conspiracy

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is unreadable because Google regularly takes advantage of their brand logo being so recognizable. It is a graphic design/marketing thing. Kind of how Nike hardly ever even uses the word "Nike" in conjunction with the swoosh anymore. Everyone instantly recognizes the swoosh as being synonymous with the company.

Google could put six blocks side by side and as long as they are the correct colors in the correct positions, letters wouldn't even be needed.

No conspiracy... Just a company taking advantage of bad design because they can. And because Tetris rocks...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, I guess you guys are right.
I'm probably just seeing too much.

But it sure looks weird too me and I really feel that there is something more to it. It just makes a lot of sense, Google being an information company but at the same time so entangled with the whole system. I think the people behind Google are really really smart and could give many meanings to one logo.

It sounds pretty far-fetched, I know...But I thought conspiracies were always far-fetched.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Try to look at the color codes of the individual color blocks. Like A is 1, B is 2, C is 3, E is 5, and so on.

Perhaps RGB codes.

With such an apparently nonsensical logo, it seems likely there is an hidden message within considering how unrecognizable and non-associative this logo is.

It's possible. I'll play with it for a bit and see if I can find a language example, but I'm not math smart or crypto-language smart unlike some members here.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
Its nothing

Stop trying to turn everything into an alien conspiracy

Alien Mind

Geez, I have fun doing it.
What is the big deal?
You guys take everything too seriously...
Relax, enjoy the ride, be creative.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am listing the RGB source of the major colors

two lines, waiting to upload

[edit on 6-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Try to look at the color codes of the individual color blocks. Like A is 1, B is 2, C is 3, E is 5, and so on.

Perhaps RGB codes.

With such an apparently nonsensical logo, it seems likely there is an hidden message within considering how unrecognizable and non-associative this logo is.

It's possible. I'll play with it for a bit and see if I can find a language example, but I'm not math smart or crypto-language smart unlike some members here.

I wish I had that kind of mathematical brain...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join