It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bon jovi ticks of NJ residents and troops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
this is happening as of early today,,,,, i can't even find a news source as yet,,,, maybe tomorrow i can find one
however it is all over our only state radio station

as many knbow bon jovi is a huge democratic supportert and has done numerous fund raisers for there cause and campaigns.
jon bon jovi was born and raised in nj,,,,, and to many is a hometown hero,,,, basically a state icon,, which many residents have a soft spot for him in there hearts .

Well, no more-----many NJians are steaming mad and will surely hold him in contempt for a long time if not for good.

Last week he apparently played at a democratic fundraiser dinner for gov. Jon Corzine who has dismal approval ratings. Seats ranged from $50 to $3400.00 a seat.

Coincidentally,,,, this week a parade is being held to welome home nj's largest civilian deployment since WWII. Bon jovi was asked to be present and perform since he is the apple of our celebrity eye. He declined!!!!!!

This has people up in arms,,,,he can support a fundraiser dinner,,,,,, and yet not our troops----Coincidentally,,,,,many blame Gov. Corzine for ruining the state. He also spent over 110-140 million of his own money in his first , and succesful campaign for governor.

The radio station was inundated with angry callers and outraged citizens. Bon jovi has certainly hurt his credibilty with his hometown fans.

my take------so you can do fundraisers for rich politicians and pal around and rub elbows with the elite,,,,,,,yet when it comes down to the real hero's,,, guys willing to die and leave there families for hostile environments,,,, your to busy

pretty pathetic bon jovi!!! pretty pathetic!!!!

ps-- sorry no source available and if needbe please move to appropriate place

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My mother is IN LOVE with Bon Jovi.

I can't wait to tell her this

Will wait for news story so she doesn't think it's another of my conspiracies

[edit on 5-6-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with it. Not the way I'd do things, and not the way to sell more albums, but it is every american's right to do and say what he feels. If he doesn't want to play for the troops, he shouldnt.

Far too often now those that are in the public eye in america base their actions on what the public will think of it, and, as a result, we get a homogonized, follow the leader type of response.

I for one give Jon credit for doing what he truly feels, without worrying about what it will do to his sales.

What I'd really like to know is if he gave reasons for not doing it. Wouldn't exactly be a shocker to find out that he had prior engagements, and this is just a sensationalistic bit to get on the news.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Will wait for news story so she doesn't think it's another of my conspiracies

You can show her this:

NJ Radio Station Calls for Bon Jovi Boycott

www.ireport.com...

NJ 101.5, which is scheduled to hold a parade and celebration for 2,900 of NJ's National Guard soldiers returning from Iraq on June 12, is calling for a boycott of Jon Bon Jovi.

The rocker, who rocked his home state last night for an exclusive fundraiser concert for the current NJ Governor's re-election campaign, declined to perform at the parade for the veterans due to a recording schedule conflict. The declined offer, coupled with the support of the unpopular governor, sparked the boycott.

NJ's current governor, Jon Corzine, is the Democratic incumbent for November's re-election bid. Corzine, a former executive with Goldman Sachs, is a multi-millionaire who used a good portion of his own personal wealth to win the governor's seat 4 years ago. Corzine has an approval rating in the state nearly equivalent to George W. Bush (about 20%). Vice President Joe Biden also spoke on Tuesday on behalf of Corzine, stating that his and "Barack's mission is to get Jon Corzine re-elected."

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

IMHO, this absolutely backs up what I already said. He has a scheduling conflict (when you are due in studio to record, you are talking 10's of thousands to reschedule.). He also supports a politician who is unpopular.

This is absolute propaganda, being used against the politician in question. Bon Jovi is just being used as bait.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
yes,,, he has the right to say no and so forth,,,,,, but there is a very symbiotic relationship between him and the nj residents.... it's hard to explain ,,,,,,maybe,,,, he is everyone's nj son. he is like family,,,,, and he is so pro nj and such that it is shocking he would refuse to honor our brave hero's returning to nj

ps----now this is hearsay from a caller but-----

she said----- a school wanted to build a music theatre,,,, bon jovi was asked and wanted his name on the building,,,, however this was against school policy,,,,, so he refused a donation

also---he was to be inducted into a local nj hall of fame thing,,,,,,however upon finding out he wasn't the only one being inducted,,, he refused to participate,,,,,,, in fact supposedlly they called his mother about this,,,, however she responded,,,,, oh he won't do it,,, because it's not just about him,,, and never even told him

so apparently he is somewhat of an ego maniac.

he even sued an all girl tribute ban named Blonde Jovi

he's even had a concert to help pay off old hillary's canmpaign debt

www.classicrockmagazine.com...

Jon Bon Jovi is saddling up his steel horse in an attempt to help out his old buddy Hilary Clinton.It’s alleged that Hilary Clinton amassed a debt of around $13.1 million in her unsuccessful attempt at becoming US President, of which she still owes $6.3 million and that’s where Jon Bon Jovi comes in.

The Bon Jovi frontman is to play a very intimate show at Town Hall on January 15th to help Clinton pay off some of those pesky lone-shark. With tickets ranging up to $1,000, Jon Bon’s help is sure to be very much appreciated

if you can hock politicians out of debt and fundraise ,,,,,i'm sure you can honor hometown troops

also----there's no concert's scheduled,,,,,,and please,,,,,bon jovi is huge and could have any engagements cleared if he wanted,,,,,, he holds the power to do that

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

Oh, Ive heard a couple of those stories as well, and I have seen plenty to make me think Jon is a bit of a jerk.

However, choosing not to participate in something because you have a prior engagment, one paid for by the company that presses your albums, does not make you so.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You don't go against the wishes of the liberal elite in New Jersey.

You have NO idea how corrupt they really are.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
reply to post by Walkswithfish

IMHO, this absolutely backs up what I already said. He has a scheduling conflict (when you are due in studio to record, you are talking 10's of thousands to reschedule.). He also supports a politician who is unpopular.

This is absolute propaganda, being used against the politician in question. Bon Jovi is just being used as bait.

that's a two way street,,,,,, could it be the troops must suffer since they are coming home from "Bush's War"

so bon jovi never missed a studio time when richie samboro was drunk,, high, hung over or out partying????

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
As a native NJ I cant stand Bon Jovi. The guy is so out of touch with reality its a joke. He's always been jealous of Springsteen. To support that scumbag Corzine you have to be out of touch! But if he did have a conflict of schedule you really cant blame the guy.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My ex-girlfriend is obsessed with Bon Jovi, if she saw a picture of him in a magazine, she would keep it. In fact she even talked me into dressing up like him once....well you get the picture. She dressed up as many other female celebrities I like so it's all good. But anyway, personal adventures aside, this will be forgotten eventually and people will still like him. I don't see the BFD over this, it's his choice. If he doesn't want to perform for them, he doesn't have an obligation to them no more than any one of us having an obligation to attend the parade because it's expected of us. With that said, why should he just "do it" just to get approval from anyone? I think some people need a life.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

can you say crazy ridiculous,,,outragous , horrendous,,, sky high property taxes,,,,,,,, i feel your pain,,,, a couple more years and i'm out of here

when will nj wake up,,,,, loneghan was the only hope for some real change

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I saw Bon Jovi years ago at a concert in Melbourne, and couldn't believe what an arrogant prick he was.
He treated his fans with scornful contempt, and had a darn site fewer fans by the time he left the building.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

What is it to you what he chooses to do? It's his damn business what he does and why should you care? Like you or anyone else would be any different if you were in his shoes. Some celebrities love the photo op in how charitable and how great they are, and some could care less about causes they don't care about. If Bon Jovi doesn't care about troops, old people and anything else, then that's his business, why judge him? Especially if you don't know him other than what is printed about him.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Another example of why a left wing celebrity who has made their millions doing what they do best should not tackle any new projects.

Just shut up and sing Jon.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006 But if he did have a conflict of schedule you really cant blame the guy.

No you can't .... Isn't that convenient?

Do any of you honestly believe that they are worried about a recording schedule?

Pocket change to these guys.

Honestly, they could have shown up and only played a couple of songs, how long would that have taken?

If BJ cared about their home state, regardless of their thoughts on the war they would have shown up, gladly, to play for these returning troops. It would have been good PR for them, but politics and a corrupted state government got in the way.

There is more to this than a schedule conflict. You know it!

The truth would likely be beyond belief.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Why are people so hung up on musicians? And the rich and famous in general. It shouldn't surprise anyone that they are ego-maniacs. Frankly its hard to blame someone with so much $ and fame.

People adore them, stock them, praise them and give them free stuff(something I could never understand). How do you stay humble with a life like that? Sure in public appearances you put out a "nice guy" personification, but in reality you are what you are, and occasionally you would probably lose it like most celebs do at one point or another.

I can't stand him or his band personally, but power to em for makin it.

Its possible this gig for the Corzine was set up far in advance of the other request. who knows.......

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Are you really surprised? REALLY??? Celebrities are and always have been worried about prestige and keeping their money and hobnobbing with the wealthy elite. No matter how well they play the bleeding heart...That's why they are good at what they do, they can convince people they really care when they just want to look good and win our appreciation and sell records. That much was evident to me when Metallica sued nabster...they are all greedy, selfish celebrities...period. What's worse is when they try to win our sympathy when they are in rehab and have their so called"Problems" which doesn't win my sympathy at all, hey at least they have the money to make their problems go away!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Are you really surprised? REALLY??? Celebrities are and always have been worried about prestige and keeping their money and hobnobbing with the wealthy elite. No matter how well they play the bleeding heart...That's why they are good at what they do, they can convince people they really care when they just want to look good and win our appreciation and sell records. That much was evident to me when Metallica sued nabster...they are all greedy, selfish celebrities...period. What's worse is when they try to win our sympathy when they are in rehab and have their so called"Problems" which doesn't win my sympathy at all, hey at least they have the money to make their problems go away!

am i surprised??? no

but i can't explain the personal relationship nj has with this celebrity,,,,,maybe another nj resident can explain it

he has a very personal,,,special relationship with so many nj residents,,,,,and as it is,,,,, he shouldn't have had to think twice about it,,, when asked it should have been an automatic yes

he's nj's adopted son--so to speak

sort of like,,,,,,"you do what your mother tells you,,,,no if, and,s or buts.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I loved them back in the 80's and have enjoyed some of their music since then, but the political thingy will always bite famous people in the butt and I guess it's his time. Elite is right. He is no longer a true native son. He's a millionaire many times over and can't relate to real folks anymore..... sorta like goofy Oprah.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join