It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unkown insect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
saw this on one of my favorite sites www.forteantimes.com... I'm no expert with photo shop or insects so I leave it to you wise members.Sorry if it was already posted I checked and found nothing.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Holycrap!!!
Thats a real strange bug.It looks humanoid kinda.
I would love to find out if its a hoax or real.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It was fun...but clearly fake and clearly CGI.
Good vid all the same

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
First time I've seen it, but it looks pretty much CGI. And the video is way too long to qualify for entertainment value... Nearly 2 minutes of watching other people's children?!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I Call Hoax. First it is the fall of the year after the first frost. Apparent from apples on the ground, and children in jackets. There are no other insects around. The nest appears to be an old hornets nest. No one would go anywhere near it unless it was dormant. I think it is a photoshopped bug based off of a damselfly or dragonfly. It also appears to be a bit too staged.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

That was just too funny!! Completely fake, completely CGI'd and the entire build up to it was laughable - a means to try to "authentic" the validity of the video with a few minutes of 'unrelated' footage.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't know, that bug thing looks real to me. However, it looks like something out of a movie.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think it's been cut and pasted from Pan's Labyrinth, I'm near enough certain that that's where it's from.

It's worth watching the whole trailer, but the funky little insect thing crops up around 0:50

[edit on 5/6/0909 by jokei]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Call me naive, but I thought it looked pretty real and pretty scary too. It does seem odd though that they show so much film before the big moment.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

That's what I was thinking, but i couldn't think of the title of the movie.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The easiest tell tale sign, besides the fact that it's a flying fairy, is the relative smoothness of the object in question in relation to the rest of the video. It moves too easily, as though it's following an 'imaginary' path of where to fly.

It lacked all the jerkiness and stop/go motions you get from real flying insects who's flight processes must battle wind resistence, lift-to-weight ratios and gravity.

This thing just moved... well, like it wasn't affected by any of that.

It's purely CGI. Once these people incorporate real flight mechanics into their CGI clips, then we might get more believable fakes

[edit on 5-6-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If it's CGI, it's a pretty damn decent job - lot of moving, panning and rotating of the camera going on, as well as a very unambiguous atmosphere of light (e.g. silhouetty, but with features nonetheless). So in a way, I'm expecting someone to claim this work - who would spend his apparently trained hours on a video that doesn't bring him fame? Maybe it's part of someone's CGI demo-reel, and they want to make a hype before they claim the fame, so to speak.

It's not something any one of us could do in an afternoon, is my point

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I agree that it's faked. Done well though!

The main problem I have with these videos (this one and other similar ones) is the way that the people always run away after discovering something interesting. They show pretty ordinary things for a while to set the scene - in this case children showing objects in the garden. Then there's a discovery and then they all run away and it just finishes.

I think if you actually found a little humanoid with wings you'd carry on filming, maybe try and interact with it in some way. It wasn't threatening the cameraman or his children - it just flew up in the air. I'm sure you'd be wary - but running away? Bit convenient.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hahahahahaa Fake!!! If we could get the original file or a uncompressed version then we might be able to see the creature better, is too easy to reduce the quality of the footage and say its real.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If it were real, I'm pretty sure the cameraman would shake the camera way more when it moves, especially since he is so scared that he runs away...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Obvious CGI fake...............LOL, kinda funny in a way the way they run in the end,lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Even the cameraman's "groan of disgust and fear" at the end of the clip, sounded fake.

I know that if I found some little fairy buzzing towards my head, I'd scream out like a little girl, with a few obscenities added in there.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
ROFL!! Wow, how could anyone possibly consider this not to be cgi?

Obviously fake, nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What's that ? I dont know ?

RUN AWAY RUN AWAY !

Reminded me of monty python and the holy grail for some reason.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There are quite some flying rc toys on the market nowadays btw - is it possible it's not CGI but just a new toy we haven't seen yet? For something's sake, they got flying barbies nowadays..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join