It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside the Military's Secret Terror-Tagging Tech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Inside the Military's Secret Terror-Tagging Tech

www.wired.com

The story that the CIA uses tiny homing beacons to guide their drone strikes in Pakistan may sound like an urban myth. But this sort of technology does exist, and might well be used for exactly this purpose. It might even have been the “secret weapon” that Bob Woodward said helped the American military pacify Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Now THAT is tagging !
Hidden in your house, some sheet of paper embedded with 8000 resonant fibers reacts right through the walls to a distant radar.
A RFID chip waking up at a distance of 12 miles.

The census guys GPSing your front door ? meh. Amateurism.
Hey wait a minute, what's that thing he dropped on the sidewalk, just there ??

edit for "800" wrong figure

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/6/2009 by SilentRunning]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentRunning

It is just my opinion, but I think what they are using in Iraq are personal heat signatures that can be detected from a satellite. Just run these images through a super computer and let it find the signatures you have given it to look for.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Cool, do you have a source for this?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

"cool" isn't exactly the word, "heat" i would say.

the link to that info is right in the first paragraph i quoted :
www.wired.com...
Although i don't believe much in a human IR signature : as far as i know we are all "built" the same, not like various models of aircrafts or other vehicles.
Even IR flu detectors at airports are unreliable, although in that situation the human body temperature is much higher than normal.

And even if such a IR "signature" could be determined, it may vary every minute due to the wind, the clothing, or because running, eating, drinking or being angry.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I am sorry I dont. I remember reading about it during the time Woodward was making a claim that we has super bad tech to nail the insurgents with. Do a search on the internet and you will find it. Darpa did some research in this area. Basically, people have individual heat signatures, and you can use this as a means of ID. What I always wondered was how did they get an original heat sig to search for?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
this is fascinating information. the fact that it is now public suggests a few generations beyond this are available for use. so anybody can easily be tagged by adding an insert into a radical publication or something else used to identify "domestic terrorists"? it sounds way too easy.

new topics

top topics

join