It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emergence of President Obama's Muslim Roots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by InsaneInTheOlMembrain

That's how I feel. Lots of people are looking to prove that Obama is a musllim.. But if he's a muslim, I don't care. I understand why someone would hide that fact, since there's obviously a trend towards assuming Islam is bad, and that Muslims are just blood thirsty freedom haters.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I can tell you this

A known "muslim" would never be elected president in our country in this time 2008

I promise you that, not when the south has a vote, and trust me i live there lol

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
What a life it must be to be such a bitter loser so as to keep resisting the sunrise over and over again.

Ya'll keep digging now.

And don't forget about him being the antichrist ...

Or is he the anti-mohammed?

If you had a mind that would have just blown it.

Word in your ear though, you might want to lookup what "political punch" means next time.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Oh I love this one. "I don't care if he's a muslim, I just care that he lied". Well name me one politician or anyone for that fact that has never lied. Again this is just another distraction to keep us from talking about what is really important.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ricco78
My question does it matter if he is muslim?Whats wrong with you?Ignorant people....you check out the sky for ur man made ufos or something!Man you guys pissing me off!Why you always need a enemy?First it was the communist now its the muslims...wake up sheeple wake up!!!!

Well it does matter id have to ask at that point whats wrong with you.Is it not important that a representative of the people and for the people not lie to them! In all honesty i dont care in the least bit if he was Muslim had a Muslim father its a non issue.The issue is if he lied to me about this what else will he lie about we all ready went through this with bush dare i say i dont want another repeat.

If he did lie to get elected this is a despicable act. Im really truly hoping this wasn't the case because this means he went to great lengths to cover up his own beliefs and any man willing to sacrifice his beliefs is dangerous.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If he is Muslim it was smart for him to lie about it. No way this country would elect a muslim president.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

yep, my sentiments exactly..

there is no possible way in the USA that he would have been elected

to those who say the USA tolerates people of all kinds... lol

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but maybe, just maybe... The downplay ( and "downplay" is the key word, because if you looked into the election at all you'd know he's muslim ) is because conservatives and most republicans seem to forget our freedoms and would judge based upon any non-christian creed despite the fact it should bare little to no ( more likely "no" ) weight in the election.

Obviously intolerance through pain and suffering dies after a single generation... That or there are people out there who see genocide in any form happen and can think "eh."

Just think for a second on how you mimic a commie hunter from the red scare.

This is coming from someone who doesn't entirely trust President Obama, either..

Don't complain, though. Can't be any worse than Bush.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

If he did lie to get elected this is a despicable act. Im really truly hoping this wasn't the case because this means he went to great lengths to cover up his own beliefs and any man willing to sacrifice his beliefs is dangerous.

ANd thats is what is disturbing about the heart of this lie. Some lie about who they had sex with and some lie about reasons for war but one who lies about his/her faith has no real faith thus is capable of so much more evil having no fear of moral/spiritual retribution.

Just watch and wait true believers... I don't think Obama is the antichrist but I do think he will commit to great evils...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I knew as soon as this garbage was plastered across the front page of Drudge it'd be over at ATS in record time thanks to the kooky "Obama is a secret Muslim" crowd.

How kooky?
Read some of the deranged responses.

This article goes on to prove absolutely nothing, plays the same far-right fear and rumor chords and yet claims to be a probe. It speaks of an "emergence" when anyone with a bit of time would have already known about those "roots" since they were on full display during the campaign. It's been talked about before, and on this site quite frequently.

Obama has Muslim roots and/or family members.

Yeah, so what?
As if it even matters.

If Obama were to come to me in private and say "I'm really of the Vulcan faith", my response would be "Fine, but what are you going to do with helping resolve this country's current issues?"

Bush was Christian and quite frankly if he is representative of what Christians will do in the White House then for goodness sake I'm certainly not opposed to letting someone of another faith have a go at it.

With the influx of a lot of new members with a certain political mindset and the "Modding" of a few others with the same I'm starting to like this site a lot less.

I'm all for balance but ATS is becoming a bit too "conservative" for my tastes.

Carry on with this extremely relevant issue.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

reply to post by SourGrapes

reply to post by Stormdancer777

reply to post by CosmicClearance

To tell you the truth, the only thing I care about is that there may be another religious nut in office. I could care less about Obama or his religious beliefs. It should already be evident that it is the same crap, just a different day. I bet Obama probably already knows gods don't exist. His religion is all part of the show. Distraction.

This doesn't explain why this thread smells of propaganda and disinformation. Before you let emotions expose you, look into things a little further....

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

If Obama were to come to me in private and say "I'm really of the Vulcan faith", my response would be "Fine, but what are you going to do with helping resolve this country's current issues?"

- Lee

OH YEAH!! Would you still be comfortable if Obama said he was of the faith of Scientology?... Or what if he said he was a Jedi?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Hey I got an idea...

Who cares if he's Muslim? Who cares if he has ties to Islam? What does that have to do with how he leads our country? Didn't our forefather's place constitutional rights of freedom to practice any religion?

Why don't people focus on what's important, like instead of creating paranoid delusions, do something to better someone's situation.

AAC

I am suppose to deny ya but i will respond.

The fact is If he is lying why is he?

That meant he lied to get elected
and he is lying to the people now.
and why did he lie?

Im sorry but if you folk's wanted bill clinton impeached over a bj...
Im sure a man that lied to get elected ..
would be dealt with worse.

IT IS NOT THE FACT HE IS MUSLIM......
it's the fact he is lying to WE the People......
And the reason can not be good.

why would you lie to get elected?
and still expect everyone to go ohhhhh its cool..

I suspect it all has tie's to the where was obama born at battle everyone is doing.
and why he won't show legal documentation ever his legal citizenship.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
HE IS A KENYAN MUSLIM YALL!!!!!

More likely Indonesian since when he went to school there under the name Barry Soetoro he was listed as an Indonesian Muslim.

Originally posted by InsaneInTheOlMembrain
If i were you Americans, i wouldn't care about my leaders religion, orientation, or even the groups they are in

We care about being lied to.
We care about being bamboozled.

Originally posted by ricco78
Whats wrong with you?Ignorant people....

Wake up ricco. People don't like to be lied to or bamboozled.
THAT is what is going on ..

Originally posted by Miraj
I understand why someone would hide that fact,

The POTUS isn't just 'someone'.

Obama ran on 'change' ... that it wouldn't be 'politics as usual'.... that he'd have 'transparency' ... etc etc. TELLING LIES is not change or transparency.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just so ya'll understand where Obama's been spending his last 20 years -
It wasn't in a Muslim Mosque ... it was in a Black Liberation Theology cult.

Black Liberation theology

Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

Obama's Church not your average Christian Church

HOWEVER ... In Obama’s March 6, 2007 interview with Nicholas D. Kristof of the New York Times, entitled, “Obama: Man of the World, Obama said that the Muslim Call to Prayer was the 'most beautiful sound in the world'. Obama proceeded to chant it in perfect accent ...

This is the Muslim Call to Prayer -

“Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet… “

No Christian would chant that. It goes against Christianity. The New York Times refused to release the tape. Considering how left wing the agenda rag is, they probably have destroyed the tape by now.

Anyways ... feel free to google up the info on that interview. It's interesting.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Oh please listen up - I'm so sick of hearing stuff like God told Bush to invade Iraq or how scared people are to have someone in the white house who listens to God and prays.

But when it is THEIR guy who is also religious suddenly they don't care and anyone who objects is a closed minded and just trying to throw a tantrum because they lost the election.

The hypocrisy is so thick I need a chainsaw to cut through it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Heres something I wonder.

Do you all think Muslims are evil?

Do we not have freedom of religion in this country?

I would more easily buy that Obama is Muslim than I would he being an illegal alien.

But then there is the separation of church and state thing, and that we are supposed to be an enlightened society, free from hating people based on religion.

I wonder when people are going to start hating Obama on the ISSUES instead of his personal character.

I mean there is the valid point that Obama first denounces GWB's Policies, then he suppresses them, then he turns around and makes them his policies and claims credit.

But his religion? Good god people!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by ricco78

Our problem with Obama has more with him being a lair and Not a natural born citizen... If you KNEW the constitution then you would know that one must be US born to run for president.

And if you had read any of the 100+ threads that cycled the same garbage, lies, and rumors about Obama being born abroad, you'd know that every single thread has been debunked and proven wrong using either US law, factual evidence, or sound logic - which is why none of the 10+ lawsuits questioning his birthplace ever made it past the review stage.

Here we have a blog about Obama advisors being a little more comfortable about talking of Obama's experiences with Muslims as a youth and you have people pulling out their hair claiming he's going to disclose that he's a Muslim and he isn't American. Do you wonder why they kept a tight lid on the Muslims he knew growing up? Maybe because they knew people would react like the above and jump to wild conclusions about Obama because his name and Muslim were mentioned in the same sentence?

Seriously, he's gone to Church for years and his daughters and his wife have never even shown a hint of practicing the Muslim faith.

Also, if you could show me where in the Koran it allows for Muslims to publicly renounce their faith and lie about their allegiance to Allah, then I'd appreciate some links on the matter, because I don't think the Koran looks kindly on Muslims that publicly abandon their faith.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsaneInTheOlMembrain
If i were you Americans, i wouldn't care about my leaders religion, orientation, or even the groups they are in (that goes for you anti-freemasons too), It seems very oppressive that maybe some of these presidents do hide certain facts about them selves so they aren't frowned upon by the voters. Don't be so intolerant.

No, but we Americans do care when we're lied to about any issue by any candidate - especially when we're lied to about a candidate's core values.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Obama ran on 'change' ... that it wouldn't be 'politics as usual'.... that he'd have 'transparency' ... etc etc. TELLING LIES is not change or transparency.

And people who bought that load of horse manure sure are going to find out different aren't they? Change my keister.

No telling lies is not change, it isn't transparency it's politics as usual and the only valid point you made in the linked post.

Obama is a politician, more so, Obama is a Chicago politician, if people think for one moment this guy is gonna be different from the myriad of other liars and frauds this country elects they surely have their head in the sand.

[edit]

And for those people that point to a 30 second video as proof that Obama is a Muslim, remember this is a guy that can't speak without a teleprompter telling him what to say.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join