It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFOs Discussion Forum Thread List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hello,

I was under the impression that this section (Aliens and UFOs Discussion Forum Thread List) covered some hard core facts and sources of sightings and or theories based on hard evidence.

However, for the past two weeks in my humble opinion, i have been seeing some delusional threads that pose no such informative information or discussion based on hard core evidence, but rather theories that walk the path of interpretation of ones existence without any scientific fact or investigation.

I only happen to follow a handful of people who actually post within that section who do provide information based on facts and sources who i have engaged either from u2u or others i just follow their complete threads while flagging according to the links they provide which allow me to investigate in my own free time.

So before i close, is there any way that perhaps some form of filtering system could be used to exclude posts that fall in the fantasy world, otherwise to me, it seems that i can post a thread "i have an alien living in me" without any problems.

P.S. I am not being hostile or pointing out any member in particular, however, i am pointing out the QUALITY of post being put forward into that section.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think your best option is to use the "alert" button when you see those kind of threads you are talking about. Let the Mods know that you think they should be moved to another forum, perhaps the Gray Area or Skunk Works.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Since I frequently post threads in that forum may I ask what particular threads are you referring? I also notice the influx of "questionable threads", especially in skunk works as well. I just use the "Alert"' function, it is promptly taken care of by staff.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sebarud

Hello,

I understand what you are saying but i really do not have that much time for alerting staff members, so i just unsubscribed from that whole section and be done with it. Although as i mentioned there are a few members who i do look forward to reading their posts or reply's as they always provide hard core facts relating to exactly to what they are posting.

P.S.

Thank you for your comment, its much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hello,

Yes i have seen your threads and i have followed your threads, but as i mentioned i would not like to point to any thread in particular, there are just too many to point at. I am sure you have seen threads which do belong in some fantasy ufo thread rather than what i thought that particular area of the site was all about.

P.S. Thanks for replying to my initial post and i thought i was not understanding the concept of the UFO thread area.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Hello,

I was under the impression that this section (Aliens and UFOs Discussion Forum Thread List) covered some hard core facts and sources of sightings and or theories based on hard evidence.

Hardcore facts and sources about Aliens and UFO.s..........Right

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Okay, I was just wanting to see if you thought my threads were "bs" threads. I always try to present mine in the most sincere and factual manner while keeping a nice form of neutrality.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Obviously to you cross referencing data based on location of sightings is of somewhat new. Also, when one mentions aliens it does not necessarily mean little green men from mars, but i guess that too may be a definition within what and how one defines a definition.

Remember, You are a product of your environment

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Im not sure. Any hardened skeptic could say any thread stating that UFOs are real are in fantasy world. This is just one of those things where you have to accept that what some people think are facts may not be facts for you. If you see a thread like i have an alien inside me, don't even bother posting there. People only do it because it gets them attention, so don't drop in and give them the two points for the post.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atheiet
If you see a thread like i have an alien inside me, don't even bother posting there.

There was a thread on GLP about 'Dying NASA Scientist Reveals Truth About Alien Life' and it pointed to a series of YouTube videos where this scientist supposedly talks about the way life really is and supposedly shows classified colour video footage of a real alien head showing up inside the head of a human on some kind of scanning machine. Your post just made me think of that!

But yes, it's not the sort of subject matter for everyone. I think as long as you don't personally attack the poster, skepticism is fine. It's such an open-ended subject, I think it's important we open our minds up to things beyond the "hardcore fact-checking" to areas that cannot be so easily appraised. I'm talking about things such as communicating via telepathy, the existence of other dimensions - things that science probably can prove but we aren't quite at that stage just yet. Let us not be so quick to judge these unknowns from lack of factual abundance.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think ATS has to take some responsibility for the outcomes of threads that use implausible information.

If Heaven's Gate (part 2) or any equivalent cult gets any sort of prompting from threads here then I hope that the lawyers and families of those abused hold ATS responsible and take whatever legal action they see fit to.

Taking mentally unstable people and providing them with a Peter Popoff solution to their inadequacies is not only morally unsound it's unjust in a supposed search for truth.

The thread I'm so enraged about at the moment seems to be a festering breeding ground for it and there is further enrollment going on within it.

I'm looking for moderation here. Not subjective bias as to what can be discussed and what is not - Moderation.

-m0r

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I do not to which answer i should reply to, but ill try and answer all three with the utmost respect to all posters and obviously to all casual viewers.

What i have seen and noticed is that there are too many posts which obviously do not belong in that section as they deal with a fantasy world of scenario like Alice in Wonderland.

I was under the impression that within that area one would need to add sources from a scientific point of view and not how one interprets his definition of what an alien or a ufo is.

To me, there are things which have very very few shades of grey and then there is black and white.

I am very confident that several posts have extremely good information which pushes ones mind into further investigating based on the opening post point of view with backed up information from credible sources. Although i have noticed a decline of such seriously mind stimulating posts and have been overrun by posts which hold no validity in the realm of possibility let alone scientific sources. This is why i opened such a thread, on the off chance that it gets back to basic ground work.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Hardcore facts and sources about Aliens and UFO.s..........Right

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a debunkey and I have had my own share of anomalous events. Perhaps it's just my interpretation of what "hardcore facts" are. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
It's such an open-ended subject, I think it's important we open our minds up to things beyond the "hardcore fact-checking" to areas that cannot be so easily appraised.

Sure... Open minds are fine but not to the point that ones brains are falling out.

Let us not be so quick to judge these unknowns from lack of factual abundance.

The problem is that these so called 'unknowns' are constantly spoken about by many as fact. Most of those who speak this way are serial offenders on the forum.

They pretend to themselves and to others that they have some special inside track on the 'truth' yet providing even the smallest shard of proof or rationale is met by further ambiguity... Or the predictable "dis-info agent" and "closed mind" accusations toward those who dare to query them further.

All I can say is it must be a comfortable and warm, fuzzy feeling for all those that shield their rhetoric behind a shroud of unfalsifiables... Never having to be answerable for any statement, never having to provide proof or credibility.... nice!

So let me rebut by saying, "Let's not be so quick to proclaim these unknowns as factual". Gut feelings and pet theories do not equal fact! When we don't know, we should be honest in saying "we don't know". It's a shame that doesn't happen.

IRM

[edit on 4/6/09 by InfaRedMan]

new topics

top topics

join