It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the pics of Iraqi prisoner torture super imposed???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm not skilled at examining photographs but when I saw the pics on the television, the pictures that show the U.S. soldiers mocking the Iraqi's, they looked super imposed to me.
Faked.
My girlfriend thought i was crazy and yelled at me.

But tonight I found a site on the web and looked at those pics again and saw that the U.S soldiers lighting in the pics were brighter than that of the Iraqi's Or at least different lighting.
And why would they put masks and bags over their heads???
Maybe i'm just crazy.
I know.
Why would the U.S fake these pictures???

Maybe it's because, as Alex Jones reports, Bush(NWO) is looking to create the biggest war of all time" a war against 32 different countries" to bring about the new beginning.

Please look at the pictures again and tell me i'm crazy.

www.thememoryhole.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I noticed one pic of an iraqi with rapit scrawled on his leg, wonder if that was the crime he was intered for?

I dunno about being faked, I noticed in one pic the abcense of shadow, but then again, i am on a very #ty computer with really low resolution. so i couldnt tell you, maybe just taken with a #ty camera.

I doubt the administration would cover up fake pics though. Those are pretty damn sick. what the # was going through those idiots minds?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i doubt they are fake, im sure they have been tested for such at least a thousand times by now. but i do believe they are premeditative, an part of something more, kinda like a mosaic an these pic are not stages but planed an the iraqis arent in on it.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
For one these pics arnt fakes - they are the real thing - but understad the context - toops fighting a war - mai lai proved troops are capable of a lot worse - i too think it reprehensible that this went on but there are probably far more things going on than we realise or for that matter want to know about

Given the graves that we have found - who is going to through the first stone ?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You can be sure that if they were fakes, the miitary would be shouting it from the rooftops.
This looks REALLY bad for the military and the Iraqis, and to all those kidnapped people in Iraq.....

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
For the record - and i am in now way a supportr of the IRA - we the brits used to do all sorts of stuff to make them confess - try going throuugh SAS selection to find out what we do to our own troops.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Considering that the soldiers invovled admited that it was them, and already setting up a defense (the Army didn't train us properly), those are probably real pics.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I see your point, but the president even refers to the pictures as being a real occurance. So I am in the belief that they are real.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Narnia
I see your point, but the president even refers to the pictures as being a real occurance. So I am in the belief that they are real.

Oh wait the president lies, scratch that, I don't know now.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
For the record - and i am in now way a supportr of the IRA - we the brits used to do all sorts of stuff to make them confess - try going throuugh SAS selection to find out what we do to our own troops.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I have been wondering if these were interrogation tactics, used, but not necessarily acknowledged by the military. What is the best way to "break down" a male prisoner. You humiliate him, you let a woman humiliate and taunt him, etc. I doubt many of the prisoners, once they are released, would ever admit to such treatment. Now this is not an indictment or judgement as to its appropriateness, but I am curious if anyone else believes that this is probably more common than we are being led to believe?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

I'm glad you mentioned this. I have been wondering if these were interrogation tactics, used, but not necessarily acknowledged by the military. What is the best way to "break down" a male prisoner. You humiliate him, you let a woman humiliate and taunt him, etc. I doubt many of the prisoners, once they are released, would ever admit to such treatment. Now this is not an indictment or judgement as to its appropriateness, but I am curious if anyone else believes that this is probably more common than we are being led to believe?

I have heard of the use of females to taunt male prisoners as far back as WWII, and I'm sure it goes back further than that. A naked female would be paraded in front of naked males, and if any part of their anatomy "re-acted", it would be "removed" This was Nazis doing it to Jewish men.

Though it wasn't right to do it, we weren't the first, and this wasn't the worst treatment prisoners have received, by a long shot. Just remember the handcuffed, blindfolded Iraqi's being thrown off the roof by other Iraqi's. The broken leg bones suffered by not knowing when to break your fall must have been excruciatingly painful and severe. And you know that they didn't receive subsequent medical care.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
No, because the Iraqis are hooded.

It looks liek someones sick art project, really. or maybe, as in the case of a rapist, the jailers taking it upon themselves to administer justice?

I wouldnt accept a defense of we werent trained properly. Even the newer soldiwers who havent been taught the geneva conventions should simply, out of tastefulness and tact. not be engaging in such things. What kind of civilians would they make if they get off on # like this?

And why the hell would they take pictures? Are they stupid? Its like A guy who robs a bank and takes off his hood for the camera and flashes them the ID. Did they really think that someone who saw these pics werent gonna say anything? I dunno, either these have to be the dumbest bastards on the planet, or they took these photos for a reason. Who knows?

Regardless, you will be seeing these folks in leavenworth pretty soon, maybe there they might get dpone to them whats being done to the prisoners by thier fellow inmates.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This makes me sick! We are supposedly in Iraq to liberate the people from human rights abuses. This is similar to the treatment Sadam imposed on his own prisoners. He humiliated them and preformed torturous acts on his people. These photos could jeopardize the US effort to free these people. I hope they throw the book at the US soldiers in the photos.

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
kinglizard,

Exactly. Throw the book and whatever else isn't tied down. This has major, major implications. This cannot be allowed to be perceived as acceptable in any manner.

Leavenworth is not good enough. Not as a show of faith toward the Iraqi populace that has endured what they have for so long.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Valhall,

The US military and government need to make an example out of these soldiers to the world public. We need to show the world that this type behavior is not acceptable nor is it routine in the US military and that anyone performing these acts can expect a long stretch in a short cell.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I bet algazera will have a �hay day� when they get wind of this development adding fuel to the �Great Satan� image of America. Just what we need.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
This makes me sick! We are supposedly in Iraq to liberate the people from human rights abuses. This is similar to the treatment Sadam imposed on his own prisoners. He humiliated them and preformed torturous acts on his people. These photos could jeopardize the US effort to free these people. I hope they throw the book at the US soldiers in the photos.

This makes me sick! We are supposedly in Iraq to liberate the people from human rights abuses.

These photos could jeopardize the US effort to free these people.

Well done,dude!Keep postig, need more laugh.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheburator

Originally posted by kinglizard

Well done,dude!Keep postig, need more laugh.

Then go to BTS then this is ATS!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Some thoughts on this......
Were the photos taken by fellow soldiers or in-the-field reporters?
In making such a guess, one question that I have not seen asked or answered is that these photos were taken by 'someone' and that 'someone' would be?
The next question is how did these photos get out to the press and media outlets?
Is this a case of a fellow soldier wanting to correct the injustices and abuses being committed or is this a propaganda ploy?

Who and How did these photos get out to be subsequently released to the media outlets and news sources? Just some thoughts...

seekerof

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Found it...
The photos were taken by fellow soldiers.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join