It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Civilians have the right to recover a crashed ET Craft?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This idea was floating around in my head this morning. What laws apply here? Our govt.'s official stance is that ET either doesn't exist or poses no threat to National Security. Most of know this is misleading at best.

What we would need is an ex/para-military group of civilians ready and on call to recover crashed disks/debris. Yes, a daunting task considering most of those on the 'inside' have the edge technologically speaking. Oh yes, funding too. Warren Buffett and Bob Bigelow's cell #'s anyone?

At the very least I can design the logo and/or come up with a name.

...now....WHO's coming with me?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
first come first serve?

heck if I found one, I'd hide it and take videos and photos of everything in and outside of it. Maybe try to figure out how to fly it and stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In a word,NO> Pres. Clinton signed an order making it against the law for a civillian to possess any extraterresterial artifact.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Are you shucking me?

How can it be against the law to possess something that officially doesn't exist?

I ever bag a bigfoot, or craft, or crew, that's going to E-Bay.

Unless the craft works and I can figure it out. Then I'll go to DisneyWorld.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by dooper]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I agree. How can something that doesn't belong to anyone here on earth, lawfully belong to a government of this planet?

Finders keepers I reckon... the only problem would be concealing it and transporting it to a location where no one could find it at first.

If I found a crashed alien craft and then some military guys came along to scare me off, I'd rather be shot than give up what I had discovered, just so they can keep it secret to use for their own evil agendas

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
first come first serve?

heck if I found one, I'd hide it and take videos and photos of everything in and outside of it. Maybe try to figure out how to fly it and stuff.

If a saucer did really crash in '47, there's bound to be another crash sometime in the next 50-100 yrs. Just imagine what we could have done if we possessed today's technology during the Roswell crash. Cell phone camera's, youtube. It would be all over the web in days. (Provided civilians got to it first)

The next obvious step is for the damn ET's to make a mistake and crash their saucer so we can at least get good footage documented. They obviously aren't ready for massive disclosure on their own terms.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
yeah, you know because I pay attention to their laws daily...

like to see what squad car they will send for me if I manage to get my hands on a spacecraft...

kind of reminds me of gun laws... because if I ever feel like shooting up a mall or something, in addition to the 73 manslaughter counts i'll give a flying frack about the extra YEAR for illegal possession of a fire arm...

Clinton signed a Law ROFL

If I nab a space craft, i'm grabbing my kids kidnapping via the light abduction thinggy a bunch of girls young enough to be brainwashed into my new cult and finding a new Home world and then blowing it up so the aliens never find me...

to Clintons laws and the Human race I salute you all.... with a middle finger

SEE YA... HATE TA BE YA

The day I find a space ship I'm Pharaoh of a new planet

lol... Clinton signed a law... that's rich

[edit on 2-6-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
In a word,NO> Pres. Clinton signed an order making it against the law for a civillian to possess any extraterresterial artifact.

Got a link? I'd like to read about this.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There are salvage laws that one could use to argue rights over the wreckage in a court of law. Generally these pertain to finding sunken ships, but the premise would be the same with the wreckage of a UFO.

Even in Science and Archaeology there are often times "First Discovery" rights that allow the discoverer exclusive publishing rights or certain study rights even when indigenous country or property laws may specifically prohibit such.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I imagine that civilians have a right to recover, but that Govt. sources would impound the vehicle citing 'national security' or 'public safety' laws.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The government will immediately charge you with destruction of government property, their weather balloon, and say you've been infected with swamp gas and are hallucinating.

The MSM will back them up, laughing and ridiculing you for thinking a weather balloon was actually from outer space.

Any pictures or evidence you have will be confiscated and even if it makes it out, debunked by the best.

Besides, what are the odds of one of us being around when the next UFO crashes? Pretty slim.

Looks like we're just going to have to shoot one down.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The government will immediately charge you with destruction of government property, their weather balloon, and say you've been infected with swamp gas and are hallucinating.

The MSM will back them up, laughing and ridiculing you for thinking a weather balloon was actually from outer space.

Any pictures or evidence you have will be confiscated and even if it makes it out, debunked by the best.

Besides, what are the odds of one of us being around when the next UFO crashes? Pretty slim.

Looks like we're just going to have to shoot one down.

WHy ya gotta piss in the Kool Aid my man?
No seriously though. How can they confiscate something if the civilian operation has it first at an undisclosed location?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If a UFO crashes you can rest assured they'll find it. The aliens themselves will probably call the White House and complain.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Haha what you all talking about?

The only thing you're ever gonna see fall out the sky is one of those damn disk shaped weather balloons.

And thats Gov' property son.

But seriously, if a UFO landed in my garden (fingers crossed) even though its hard, cos i have quite a small garden, i'd have everything.
I'd take it all apart, reverse engineer everything.
well try. There's no way i'm letting the evil gov' take my UFO!

Love&Light

Jacob

[edit on 2/6/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
lol, you guys still in a debate about Legality?

Even if it's broke... pull out the plasma cannon, declare the state your in as your own territory and have a field day...

heeellllllllllo, you just got your hands on a WARP DRIVE

be bold fricken go somewhere guys.... do something with your life... it's a SPACE SHIP for cryin out loud

Heck... put yourself into the immortality Matrix and live forever...

something ... anything

but to hell with the law...

My lifes ambition to have a Battleship in 4,000 bc or something like that... this is even BETTER

When your passed the ball.. if your open you shoot!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The least anyone can do if they come upon a crashed craft is to take as much evidence you can. Parts, Pictures, Vids, etc and be smart about preserving and retaining their evidence, keeping some for 'insurance'.

Document any military activity.

Most can't extract an entire craft, especially if it fell near or in the cities or surburbs attracting attention but the least anyone can do is take anything of value and not blab out to the authorities: 'Hey I found a ufo!'

If there are fellow citizens gawking about not knowing what to do with it, tell them: take evidence, then leave the scene not long after the authorities arrive or else they will be rounded up, their evidence confiscated.

Take your evidence, and be smart about its release: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

We can avoid a repeat of 1947 when the discoverer probably didn't collect anything or was too trusting of the government.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If a UFO crashes you can rest assured they'll find it. The aliens themselves will probably call the White House and complain.

Okay fine. I'm calling your bluff, dude. I have to tell you that I have a disk at an ultra secret location that my civilian team recovered in '07. The "government" still hasn't found it. See? There. Full house beats 3 of a Kind.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
1211.100 Title 14 - Aeronautics and Space
Part 1211 - Extra-terrestrial Exposure

1211.100 - Scope

This part establishes: (a) NASA policy, responsibility and authority to guard the Earth against any harmful contamination or adverse changes in its environment resulting from personnel, spacecraft and other property returning to the Earth after landing on or coming within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body; and (b) security requirements, restrictions and safeguards that are necessary in the interest of national security.

1211.101 - Applicability

The provisions of this part to all NASA manned and unmanned space missions which land or come within the atmospheric envelope of a celestial body and return to the Earth.

1211.102 - Definitions

(a) "NASA" and the "Administrator" mean, respectively the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or his authorized representative.

(b) "Extra-terrestrially exposed" means the state of condition of any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever, who or which has:

(1) Touched directly or come within the atmospheric envelope or any other celestial body; or

(2) Touched directly or been in close proximity to (or been exposed indirectly to) any person, property, animal or other form of life or matter who or which has been extra-terrestrially exposed by virtue of paragraph (b)(1) of this section.

For example, if person or thing "A" touches the surface of the Moon, and on "A's" return to Earth, "B" touches "A" and, subsequently, "C" touches "B", all of these - "A" through "C" inclusive - would be extra-terrestrially exposed ("A" and "B" directly; "C" indirectly).

(c) "Quarantine" means the detention, examination and decontamination of any persons, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever that is extra-terrestrially exposed, and includes the apprehension or seizure of such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever.

(d) "Quarantine period" means a period of consecutive calendar days as may be established in accordance with 1211.104 (a).

(a) Administrative actions. The Administrator or his designee shall in his discretion:

(1) Determine the beginning and duration of a quarantine period with respect to any space mission; the quarantine period as it applies to various life forms will be announced.

(2) Designate in writing quarantine officers to exercise quarantine authority.

(3) Determine that a particular person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter whatever is extra- terrestrially exposed and quarantine such person, property, animal, or other form of life or matter whatever. The quarantine may be based only on a determination, with or without the benefit of a hearing, that there is probable cause to believe that such person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever is extra-terrestrially exposed.

(4) Determine within the United States or within vessels or vehicles of the United States the place, boundaries, and rules of operation of necessary quarantine stations.

(5) Provide for guard services by contract or otherwise, as many be necessary, to maintain security and inviolability of quarantine stations and quarantined persons, property, animals or other form of life or matter whatever.

(6) Provide for the subsistence, health and welfare of persons quarantined under the provisions of this part.

(7) Hold such hearings at such times, in such manner and for such purposes as may be desirable or necessary under this part, including hearings for the purpose of creating a record for use in making any determination under this part for the purpose of reviewing any such determination.

(b) (3) During any period of announced quarantine, no person shall enter or depart from the limits of the quarantine station without permission of the cognizant NASA officer. During such period, the posted perimeter of a quarantine station shall be secured by armed guard.

(b) (4) Any person who enters the limits of any quarantine station during the quarantine period shall be deemed to have consented to the quarantine of his person if it is determined that he is or has become extra-terrestrially exposed.

(b) (5) At the earliest practicable time, each person who is quarantined by NASA shall be given a reasonable opportunity to communicate by telephone with legal counsel or other persons of his choice.

1211.107 Court or other process

(a) NASA officers and employees are prohibited from discharging from the limits of a quarantine station any quarantined person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever during order or other request, order or demand an announced quarantine period in compliance with a subpoena, show cause or any court or other authority without the prior approval of the General Counsel and the Administrator.

(b) Where approval to discharge a quarantined person, property, animal or other form of life or matter whatever in compliance with such a request, order or demand of any court or other authority is not given, the person to whom it is directed shall, if possible, appear in court or before the other authority and respectfully state his inability to comply, relying for his action on this 1211.107.

1211.108 Violations

Whoever willfully violates, attempts to violate, or conspires to violate any provision of this part or any regulation or order issued under this part or who enters or departs from the limits of a quarantine station in disregard of the quarantine rules or regulations or without permission of the NASA quarantine officer shall be fined not more that $5,000 or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

This was the justification for such a law giving the government unlimited powers to detain anyone who might have came into contact with a ufo or aliens. It also took away all rights from that individual and allowed indefinite incarceration. The law was written in such a way that it could apply to everyone and make sense to no one. To wit: (7) Hold such hearings at such times, in such manner and for such purposes as may be desirable or necessary under this part, including hearings for the purpose of creating a record for use in making any determination under this part for the purpose of reviewing any such determination.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

The big news here is why have a law that is not supposed to be useless...

Maybe it isn't as useless after all...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The MIB own the saucer, triangle and dirigible torpedoes and are
at crash sites very quickly.

They seem to be in charge so the must be agents of the owners
at least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join