It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs- Are They Alive Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

The world is not as it seems on the surface my friend. There is a lot of mystery and hidden knowledge out there. THAT is truly what ATS is for. To uncover what is wrongly being hidden from us and deny the forced ignorance put upon us.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Florida sea monster footage, is it a dinosaur or a present day animal (Animals that were hypothesized: Dolphin, Manatee, Seal, Walrus)?

This person shows his theory of the animal and he makes a great point for dinosaurs:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
San Fransisco Sea Serpent.

We found this 1885 newspaper article in the New York Times archives. The article was first published in the San Francisco Chronicle on March 28, 1885. We find this article interesting because it establishes that there was a reported multiple eyewitness sighting of a Sea Serpent in SF Bay in 1885, which was similar in appearance to the animal we have seen.

The “Goat Island” mentioned in the article is now named “Yerba Buena Island.”

LINK

Sea Serpent Video Stills, very interesting...

LINK

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I believe in creation and adaptation and am 100% certain the dinosaurs existed. Many devout Christians do not dipute Dinos existed, only the length of time sinse their extinction (but that is an entirely different discussion
)

As for whether or not the exist today, surely not in the form that they did so many years ago, but an adapted species, I'd guess yes. Science is still discovering new plants, insects and animals in remote parts of our earth where modern man hasn't completely stolen their natural habitats. I'm certain there has got to be larger animals out there too that have yet to be discovered, especially in our oceans.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Good to see another ATS member striving for quality in the Crypto forum.

Threads like this is what it is all about.

Great read and incredible research. You, my friend, are an asset to this forum

S + F.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Dragons

Some Famous People and Dragons:

Saint George: IIIrd Century A.D.
There are many tales of St. George. Some say he lived in England, some say he was a crusader travelling through turkey or Syria. But all agree that St. George slayed a dragon. One tale is that the saint decided to slay the dragon of Cappadocia. The locals fed the dragon their best sheep in hopes of pleasing the dragon. This method only appeased the dragon for a short while, and then it attacked the town again. Saint George came to this town just when the people were sacrificing their princess. He slew the dragon and saved the princess.

The Travels of Marco Polo in China date to the early 1290s. He was the first Western traveler to write about the various provinces of Burma (Mien) in what is present-day China. Marco Polo returned to Venice in 1295 and his famous journals started circulating in Europe by 1298.

And quite possibly one of the most amazing stories that I have heard:

Leaving the city of Yachi, and traveling ten days into a westerly direction, you reach the Province of Karazan which is also the name of its chief city…Here are seen huge serpents, ten paces in length, and ten spans in the girt of the body. At the fore-part, near the head, they have two short egs, having three claws like those of a tiger, with eyes larger than a fourpenny loaf (pane da quattro denari) and very glaring. The jaws are wide enough to swallow a man, the teeth are large and sharp, and their whole appearance is so formidable, that neither man, nor any kind of animal, can approach them without terror. Others are met with of a smaller size, being eight, six, or five paces long; and the following method is used for taking them. In the day-time, by reason of the great heat, they lurk in caverns, from whence, at night, they issue to seek their food, and whatever beast they meet with and can lay hold of, whether tiger, wolf, or any other, they devour; after which they drag themselves towards some lake, spring of water, or river, in order to drink. By their motion in this way along the shore, and their vast weight, they make a deep impression, as if a heavy beam had been drawn along the sands.

It appears that Marco polo has seen a Dragon, but not just one dragon, but many of dragons. Very odd, very odd indeed...

Those whose employment it is to hunt them observe the track by which they are most frequently accustomed to go, and fix into the ground several pieces of wood, armed with sharp iron spikes, which they cover with the sand in such a manner as not to be perceptible. When therefore the animals make their way towards the places they usually haunt, they are wounded by these instruments, and speedily killed. The crows, as soon as they perceive them to be dead, set up their scream; and this serves as a signal to the hunters, who advance to the spot, and proceed to separate the skin from the flesh, taking care immediately to secure the gall, which is most highly esteemed in medicine. In cases of the bite of a mad dog, a pennyweight of it, dissolved in wine, is administered. It is also useful in accelerating parturition, when the labour pains of women have come on. A small quantity of it being applied to carbuncles, pustules, or other eruptions on the body, they are presently dispersed; and it is efficacious in many other complaints. The flesh also of the animal is sold at a dear rate, being thought to have a higher flavour than other kinds of meat, and by all persons it is' esteemed a delicacy.

LINK

But wait the history of Dragons is not over yet:

Records of the Greek historian Herodotus and the Jewish historian Josephus describe flying reptiles in ancient Egypt and Arabia. In other cultures, it was a great honor to kill these creatures. There are numerous records of warriors killing great beasts in order to establish credibility in a village. Gilgamesh, Fafnir, Beowulf and other famous legends, including the mythology of Egypt, Greece and Rome, include specific descriptions of dragons and other dinosaur-like creatures.

How do all of these cultures:

Dragon history is revealed on numerous objects of ancient art throughout the world. Dinosaur-like creatures are featured on Babylonian landmarks, Roman mosaics, Asian pottery and royal robes, Egyptian burial shrouds and government seals, Peruvian burial stones and tapestries, Mayan sculptures, Aboriginal and Native American petroglyphs (carved rock drawings), and many other pieces of ceremonial art throughout ancient cultures.

Have depictions of the same creature, yet many of them have never met eachother. How is this possible?

In literature, dragons are certainly a virtually universal ancient motif. Dragons are found in the early literature of the English, Irish, Danish, Norse, Scandinavians, Germans, Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and Babylonians. Among the American Indians, legends of dragons flourished among the Crees, Algonquins, Onondagas, Ojibways, Hurons, Chinooks, Shoshones, and Alaskan Eskimos.

One of the most famous Danish dragon tales is from "Sigurd of the Volsungs" and concerns "The Slaying of Fafnir." Sigurd, the hero of the epic, is afraid of Fafnir the dragon because his tracks seem great. This surely would have been true of the large dinosaurs, whether the footprints themselves, or the sound of their approach were being considered. Sigurd hides in a pit, and when the dragon crawls to the water, he strikes up into its heart. Again, if a man were to slay a large dinosaur, this would be an intelligent way to do it, for one would be out of the way of the creature's powerful tail and sharp, meat-rending teeth. Probably the head, neck and heart were the only truly vulnerable areas on the huge body. Most dinosaurs were basically water creatures. Therefore, everything in this scene is totally realistic, and makes good dinosaur-hunting strategy.

Greek heroes who are supposed to have slain dragons are Hercules, Apollo, and Perseus. Indeed, the World Book Encyclopedia (1973) says "every country had them in its mythology." In Norse mythology, a Great Ash Tree, Yggdrasil, which was thought to support the whole universe, had three immense roots. One extended into the region of death. Niflheim and the dragon Nidhogg perpetually gnawed at the root of the tree. This precarious situation, which seems to place the whole universe at Nidhogg's mercy, perhaps shows the conscious or subconscious deeply rooted fear of the proto-norse for dinosaurs, those terrible lizards. If the fearsome creatures were threatening the ancestors of the Norse peoples, one can easily see how such a myth could have developed.

The Egyptians wrote of the dragon Apophis, enemy of the sun god Re. The Babylonians recorded their belief in the monster Tiamat. The Norse people wrote of Lindwurm, guardian of the treasure of Rheingold, who was killed by the hero Siegfried. The Chinese wrote of dragons in their ancient book, I Ching, associating the creatures with power, fertility, and well being. They also used dragons in early art, ancient pottery, folk pageantry and dances as a motif. The Aztecs' plumed serpent may have represented a hybrid in their thought between a dragon and another creature. The pottery of ancient Nazca culture of Peru shows a cannibal monster much like a dragon.

In British Columbia, Lake Sashwap is believed to be home to the dragon Ta Zam-a, and Lake Cowichan to Tshingquaw. In Ontario, Lake Meminisha is the reputed home of a fish-like serpent feared by the Cree Indians. Angoub is the legendary Huron dragon, Hiachuckaluck the dragon believed in by the Chinooks of British Columbia.

LINK

Continued Below

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Dragons are so widely accepted a part of Irish folklore that Robert Lloyd Praeger, naturalist, says they are "an accepted part of Irish zoology." Dr. P.W. Joyce, historian, in his book on Irish place-names, says, "legends of aquatic monsters are very ancient among the Irish people" and shows that many Irish place names resulted from a belief in these dragons.

Many theories have been set forth proposing to explain the virtually universal belief in dragons among ancient peoples. Some have seen dragons as a product of the human imagination, resulting from fear of the unknown. It has been pointed out that as late as 1600 A.D., maps were decorated about the borders of unknown regions with drawings of dragon-like monsters. Yet it is hard to imagine how such widely separated people groups all imagined virtually the same thing, if that imagined entity had no basis in reality or in their experience.

Alos just to show the problem that people have with ancients knowing about Dinosaurs:

Daniel Cohen, author of The Greatest Monsters in the World, also says that there is a "sensational possibility" that the dragon legend originated with the dinosaurs, observing that:

no creatures that ever lived looked more like dragons than dinosaurs...there is a problem with this theory. The problem is time. As far as we know, all the dinosaurs died out over 70 million years ago. That long ago, there were no people on earth. So who could remember the dinosaurs?

As we continue to see a pattern. How do ancient people KNOW Dinosaurs.

People definatley saw an Ancient Creature known as Dragons.

LINK

[edit on Jun 1st 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Yea some are still alive, I think. After the flood, the environment changed so much that they may not have been able to survive. God made the world like a perfect green house for life; there was a protective water barrier in the sky.

Genesis 1:6–8a, which states: Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate waters from waters.” And God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. And God called the expanse heaven.

This water barrier in the sky is called the "Water Canopy" and it could be like this:

When the flood happened, God opened the canopy and let the water flood down from there.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Interesting theory.

However, today, all of the surface of this planet is being monitored through satellites, radar, military infrared and heat cameras, etc. So, if such a large creature still existed it would have to be very creative when it comes to hiding.

Regarding the Loch Ness monster: A few years ago a thorough underwater scan has been made with top of the art equipment. LIterally, every square inch of the lake, including all the caves have been scanned with radar, infrared, as well as heat recognition technology and the result was that there is nothing larger than a shoe in there.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Reptiles are cold blooded. They don't show up on heat sensing equipment.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Crocodilles and alligators are dinosaurs. Think about this, it is impossible that the dinos died due to a astroid strike, for the above animals lived. So what did kill most of the dinosaurs? Sumarian writings may hold the key. Research Annunaki.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RAGE OF THORN

How about the Tuatara of N.Z, or the Coelacanth; these would have to qualify as living Dinos!
There have been many previous debates about this subject since i've been on these forums (and probably a long time before too); its good to see it being discussed with open-mindedness for a change!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tobiascore

I do hope you're kidding.

Cold-blooded means that the animal can only regulate their body temperature externally.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Remember too giant squids were once a myth as well. But they have managed to show thats not the case anymore with recovered and captured specimens.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unregistered

Originally posted by tobiascore

I do hope you're kidding.

Cold-blooded means that the animal can only regulate their body temperature externally.

Exactly. Sow are "nessies" supposed to show up on heat sensing equipment in a lake, when their body temp is the same as the lake?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tobiascore

Actually, the question is: how is a large cold blooded reptile able to live in such a cold body of water

Anyway, there are plenty of dinosaurs left - I see them in my garden every morning, they wake me with their single and many of us eat one on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.

Dinosaurs - or at least some species of dinosaur - survived, adapted, changed. And now we call them birds.

btw dragon (and giant) myths tend to originate with the discovery of dinosaur bones. What else could such huge bones come from?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
idk if i think they're still alive today but i definetly think humans and dinosaurs lived during the same time period, and i also think they were around up until about a 1000 years ago, maybe even sooner.

thers so much evidence..all the artifacts from so many different civilizations depicting the same things..and having the same myths of "dragons" and #.

i dont believe in the bible, but theres even # in there about an apatasaurus/diplodicus, the behemoth.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Great thread. One of the best I have seen in a while. They were called Dragons and apparently did live when humans existed.

I have to find the website that makes the claim. This was a few years back when I did research on this, but they talked about how the carbon tests are wrong, and artifacts and other things found around the world that show the two may have existed at the same time periods. Texts which refer to Dragons, but describe Dinosaur like creatures. I have also seen a documentry about Dinosaur like creatures in various places. I think if they do exist some would try to keep the evidence secret. If they did not they would have to come clean and explain that they were wrong about the age of the Dinosaurs, that the carbon dating is off, and that they did exist with humans. Science will protect itself. I will see if I can find the link.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Awesome thread!!

Also Bloop may relate to this to?!

upload.wikimedia.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

The Bloop is the name given to an ultra-low frequency underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration several times during the summer of 1997. The source of the sound remains unknown.

The sound, traced to somewhere around 50° S 100° W (South American southwest coast)... was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km.

According to scientists who have studied the phenomenon it matches the audio profile of a living creature... If the sound did come from an animal, it would reportedly have to be several times the size of the largest known animal on Earth, the Blue Whale

Wikipedia - Bloop

[edit on 2-6-2009 by theoctopus]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by theoctopus]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
The world is not as it seems on the surface my friend. There is a lot of mystery and hidden knowledge out there. THAT is truly what ATS is for. To uncover what is wrongly being hidden from us and deny the forced ignorance put upon us.

I agreed with you up until your thuroughly ignorant final sentence.

Nobody accept you is forcing ignorance upon yourself. That's the exact problem with ATS, its become more about finding someone to blame as opposed to actually uncover the truth. All I read on this emssage board, day and night, is about how someone is doing us wrong and that we are not in control in any way of our own destiny. Its pathetic.

My perspective on the dinosaurs is that its not inconceivable that some dinosaurs may have have survived the extinction. If not by any special qualities then by chance alone. It seems quite possible that dinosaurs whose primary habitat is the water could have actually faced conditions favorable to its continued existance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join