It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France Plane down

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Not to mention they where 35,000 feet in the sky, over the Atlantic Ocean.... which would have had no mobile phone single.

I hate when the media leave out the facts and make up their own.

Can't blame the media. They're probably basing it on all the gossip at ATS

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haunebu
Why isn't the Media speculating about a possible terrorist attack?

because probably no one has claimed being responsible for it. Also they would of looked at the list of passengers, to see any cause for that.

highly unlikely it is terrorism.

Stuff happens.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
Not to mention they where 35,000 feet in the sky, over the Atlantic Ocean.... which would have had no mobile phone single.

There's own GSM system aboard the plane.

www.phonearena.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A bomb can't conclusively be ruled out, but no group has claimed responsibility. I bet within the next five minutes every crackpot will claim it was their bomb.

Also the ACARS system kept transmitting shortly after the electrical problem and depressurisation began.

With a bomb blast the destruction even from a small bomb would be so sudden and total there would be no ACARS transmission after the blast.

The reason why the media are not looking at terrorism is because it is less likely than other scenarios now.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
BBC News 24 is reporting possible wreckage.

This has yet to be confirmed.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This is from the BBC:

Plane crews have narrowed their search to a zone half-way between Brazil and west Africa, said Pierre-Henry Gourgeon, chief executive of Air France, late on Monday.

Their work may be aided by the Airbus's Argos beacons, which will emit signals for several days, he added.

Up to a dozen reports of electrical failures were sent from the plane before it vanished over the ocean.

French officials believe it may have been disabled by a storm. French and US sources have ruled out terrorism as the cause of the plane's loss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 things:

1. What is an "Argos" beacon?
2. How can TPTB rule out terrorism without finding the wreckage, how is that possible uless they are holding info back?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argos Beacon - www.lpi.ac-poitiers.fr...

Edit to add info on Argos Beacon.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by 0010110011101]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaCrap

Originally posted by Mikey84

There's own GSM system aboard the plane.

www.phonearena.com...

That service is only available on European flights. Also the aircraft in the article is a completly different one.

Again, the Media is just hyping this up. There would have been no people "texting" loved ones on this Air France flight.

Mikey

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
looks like theyve found some wreckage.

DEBRIS floating on the Atlantic Ocean in the area where a missing Air France passenger jet is suspected of crashing has been sighted by crew on a French freighter, Brazilian media has reported.

The sighting by the crew on the Douce France is said to be in the same area off the coast of Senegal where a Brazil TAM airline pilot spotted what was thought to be a burning piece of wreckage.

www.news.com.au...

RIP!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
in the papers it saying lighting hit the plane...i dont know much about planes, but dont planes nowerdays have somthing so if they do get hit by lighting they can with stand it?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Does it seem strange that a president of France goes out and basically states that we won't find anybody?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Aircraft skins are bonded so that lightning travels around them, not through them. It's called a Faraday's cage. Lightning is not the cause.

Even with an inflight phone system you still need cell phone towers to communicate with.

This rubbish claim has been explained and rebutted repeatedly through this thread over and over again.

Before coming on an making such claims why not read what was written before by others ?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonsakharov
Does it seem strange that a president of France goes out and basically states that we won't find anybody?

He’s just being honest.

I mean, what should he say? “if it makes you feel better go home and watch all seasons of Lost”

He is going on the facts that a plane disappeared over the ocean over 24 hours ago, before it disappeared it had error messages, no one has seen or heard from it since, chances are it exploded and is scattered into thousands of pieces in the ocean.

While it is possible that not everyone is dead, I mean look at “Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571” which crashed an everyone thought was gone for good only for survivors to be found 72 days later..... Although that did crash on land, it’s still possible.

But chances of something like that happening are rare; they are most likely all dead.

Mikey

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by antonsakharov

Because when Sarkozy made the statement the aircraft had been missing longer than the fuel left aboard.

It came down in darkness in a massive thunderstorm. The aircraft had an ACARS system which stopped transmitting at 35,000 ft making it obvious that the aircraft was destroyed in midair.

This is not a conspiracy... It's just blindingly obvious that the aircraft broke apart in midair before France's president made the statement.

Why is it when there are perfectly rational explanations that people have to look for conspiracies ?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I just don't remember any other crashes where a president of a country went on to say that. At most was a condolences statement from president.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hitmen
The webbots predicted people disappearing and mysterious islands appearing. I cant link the link for this yet but I will try and dig around.

I think the Webbot must be a fan of the TV show "Lost"

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

just wanted to say Mikey that I cant help but read your comments in the Shrek gingerbread style....

Also, I find it hard to believe that a plane can just explode like that without prior warning unless there was a bomb on board and the people are keeping it hush...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Aircraft skins are bonded so that lightning travels around them, not through them. It's called a Faraday's cage. Lightning is not the cause.

Even with an inflight phone system you still need cell phone towers to communicate with.

This rubbish claim has been explained and rebutted repeatedly through this thread over and over again.

Before coming on an making such claims why not read what was written before by others ?

Well, the cellphones transmit via the plane onboard network to a satellite system, companies like www.aeromobile.net... make such things work.

Complete global coverage (from launch) using the Inmarsat satellite network, ideal for “long-haul” flights.

I am pretty sure a modern airbus A330-200 from 2005 had such system onboard, interesting to find out if possible. EU gave permission to use cellpohones throughout Europe's airspace in 2008.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

It came down in darkness in a massive thunderstorm. The aircraft had an ACARS system which stopped transmitting at 35,000 ft making it obvious that the aircraft was destroyed in midair.

Based on what has been reported, there can be no question that what ever happened to the aircraft was catastrophic and immediate. Assuming the plane broke up in mid flight, it should be no surprise that the wreckage has not been located. The debris field is likely spread across many miles.

No conspiracy here.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by reugen
EU gave permission to use cellpohones throughout Europe's airspace in 2008.

I’m not sure if you know this, but the area over the Atlantic ocean where the plane went missing (between South America and West Africa) is NOT EU Airspace.

Also, as said before. Air France only offered the mobile service on their European flights. Not on long haul.

While the technology is available to some extentt, most airlines do not use it (mainly because of cost and also passenger surveys advised they would prefer NOT to have the service).

This is not a service that Air France offers it’s passengers on long haul international flights, and no, just because the Airbus was new does not mean it automatically has the technology installed on it.

And even if it was, at the way this plane disappeared there would have been no time to send loved ones text messages. It did not happen!

Mikey

[edit on 2/6/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

GAME!!! who said it was a goddam game mister? if people wish to speculate on an event which in case you forgot is still a ' MYSTERY' then people can bloody well do it , what gives you the right to sit on your high perch? for all you know anything could have happened , yes ANYTHING.... get a grip

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join