It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France Plane down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Air France Plane down

Air France Plane Missing with 215 people on board
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Air France Plane Missing with 215 people on board off the coast of Brazil.

Plane was flying from Rio to Paris.

Breaking ...

Breaking news now coming in.

As this is breaking news there is not much more than can be added atm.

As it is down in the Atlantic lets hope that some souls survived a water landing

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

An Air France aircraft carrying 215 people has disappeared off the radar in the Atlantic Ocean off Brazil, according to reports. A source at Paris Charles de Gaulle said the Rio de Janeiro-Paris flight went missing at around 0600 GMT.

BBC

Doesn't look good makes you wonder if the recession is having an impact on the maintenance of the aircraft given the numbers of crashes we are seeing lately?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

whoa..

that sucks..

keep us updated.. i would dig, but i am busy with the markets

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The lack of news is odd or rather the time it has taken for the news to break.

The plane disappeared off radar some time ago yet it has taken hours to be reported.There does not seem to have been a mayday call so it's probably a catastrophic failure or god forbid a bomb.

Does not look good but one can only hope.

Flight AF447 Rio to Charles de Gaul , Paris - 228 people on board.

God help them and their families.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Did you see them]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Likelihood the plane has crashed - no hijack.

British aircraft will be dispatched from the Falklands to look for wreckage in the Atlantic.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reuters report 228 people on board

but still no details. hope all onboard are fine, report if get any news.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Numéro de vol : AF447
Arrivée attendue à 12:10 * Départ : RIO INTERNATIONA le 31/05/2009 19:00

Arrivée : PARIS le 01/06/2009 11:15
CHARLES DE GAULLE TERMINAL 2 E
Escales : Pas d'escale
Type d'avion : AIRBUS A330-200
Compagnie aérienne : AIR FRANCE

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

its a heck of a trek - your looking at a minimum of 1500 miles to reach the area

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Did you see them

Main news on the radio on BBC 5 live in the Uk. Mabye its not main news everywhere as there is as of yet nothing to report other than it has dissapeared. Yes it has probabley gone down, but a good journalist waits for the facts......

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
oops ) sorry my mistake

anyway let's hope for the best. sorry for confusion.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by silencee]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Different flight...that one landed ok. The one missing left Rio yesterday evening.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It took four hours for Air France to disclose it's disappearance and that came an hour after it failed to land.

It went down without broadcasting a mayday so whatever happened was very sudden. Either catastrophic break up or else pilots were so busy fighting to keep control they had no time for a mayday call.

I would speculate either a catastrophic decompression, terrorist bomb, or else a failure of electrical systems in darkness. It was an early morning flight wasn't it?

Anyone know which type of Airbus aircraft ?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
A330-200

full electical failure would be hard since they have a RAT , cart start on the APU and batteries

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
French Radio are saying that French Airways have stated they have no hope for the plane,

What a terrible event and i cant imagine the worry of the poor family's right now all waiting to hear,

link   
senior management at Air France just quoted on Sky News " we have lost hope for the plane"

Sounds like its down somewhere..

Brazil Airforce currently looking for the crash site

(jeez your fast asala, i was typing the above as the news was coming in live!)

[edit on 1-6-2009 by zeetroyman]

link   
Prayers go out to all the people on board hope there is a good news when the plane is found

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Sad news indeed.

Fingers crossed for survivors.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Yes but in darkness and at high altitude the aircraft is in what is called a Mach box, a very narrow range of airspeed between stall speed and max cruise. At high altitudes the stall speed rises and at very high altitude there can be just ten or twenty knots difference.

Flying at night if you lose electrics and all reference to the horizon, no autopilot then it is very easy to fall out of mach box. Once an aircraft begins to tumble at high speed any aircraft will break up.

There was a 757 over the Caribbean which lost all reference and tumbled to the sea. Was it Martin Air or something ?
A European charter operator anyway

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

An Air France aircraft carrying 215 people has disappeared off the radar in the Atlantic Ocean off Brazil, according to reports. A source at Paris Charles de Gaulle said the Rio de Janeiro-Paris flight went missing at around 0600 GMT.

BBC

Doesn't look good makes you wonder if the recession is having an impact on the maintenance of the aircraft given the numbers of crashes we are seeing lately?

My exact thoughts. Months ago my wife was going on about cheap flights and we should grab one. Visions of duct tape floating through my head. Not too keen to get on a plane right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join