It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Ufology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Would Disclosure bring the end of Ufology?

I mean, if we get told that there are aliens and they visit the earth in flying saucers, then would that mean the end of Ufology?
If we know the truth, then what would they do?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Nope, it would just open up a whole new niche of it, studying the craft themselves, becoming a fanatic UFO model collector, we know planes exist, doesint stop people loving them, researching their history and projecting into their future, there will always be a new mystery around the corner my friend.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Even disclosure would be the target of skeptics.

There are still people on earth who believe that there was no holocaust during WWII.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by danzi

12/21/2012, if there's still nothing, I am dropping the UFO hobby/habit.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think the outcome depends on who is doing the disclosure....us or them

But there is a chance that there is nothing to actually disclose.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In the sense Ufology is today, I could see a minor change. I'm sure even if they did, and we do have space capable tech, we still wouldn't know the entire scope of our uni/multi/poly/lolverse (shows how much we really know). So, as we have today, we would have an extension of "wild ideas" that would be based on "factual evidence" - hence altogether more rational.

Not to mention, should we not have tech, a boom in engineering job demand, piloting/craft operation, biology job demand, etc. Not to mention, a very real potential to acquire resources from and to colonize space.

Long story, short:
Ufology would become InterspaceTravelCapableVesselogy, er something.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by shanerz]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Probably it would be like the declassification of other government secrets in the past. For example, when Remote Viewing was declassified, the insiders began talking about it and some even wrote their own books. Now you can learn to do it yourself if you want.

It all depends on the level of declassification. And then there are ethical and legal complications. Would the military bring any of the equipment they have acquired out of hiding if its acquisition could be considered to be piracy. Also the Aliens may still want it returned.

However, anything would be better than the present situation. "The very word secrecy is repugnant to a free and open society." JFK

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by danzi
I mean, if we get told that there are aliens and they visit the earth in flying saucers, then would that mean the end of Ufology?

No, then it would just become a dull, dusty academic subject like everything else, where people would study the various types of aliens, and what ships they have, and so on. It would become a kind of exo-anthropology. And we all know how exciting anthropology is. Soon enough, we'd come to see the magical aliens as just another group of beings to ignore, just like all the various types of people and cultures already on Earth.

On the other hand, just because some UFOs might be explained as aliens, there will still be some other UFOs that won't. So there will still be odd things flying around to debate about.

There will also be those who don't believe anything about the "disclosure," and will claim it's all just a bucket of lies to get us to give up our freedoms under the New World Order.

In any event, there will still be ufology in some form.

Personally, I would be very surprised if anything approximating disclosure turned out to be something as simple as aliens in space ships. I think the real "answer," if there even is one, is something much more complicated and subtle than that. In my opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by danzi

The end of Ufology?
No, only the beginning in my opinion. See this thread for ongoing debate over the status of Ufology/Anti-Ufology. Ufology has been officially battered from the start (or rather post 1954-55). But if disclosure came, we would all benefit from the groundwork that true Ufologists have laid down. Real data and reports previously collected might be used to tell if "disclosure" was authentic or contrived for some ulterior motive, i.e. political etc.

new topics

top topics

join