It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe religion is souring this entire site, it should be banned

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator

It does not matter what I think hell is, for one I do not believe in hell. I find it amusing that someone believes because I rebelled and did not call jesus my master I will have an eternity of burning in molten flame. No wonder so many way back when took up christianity, pretty good incentives.. what a con. I see no reason for us to keep discussing this point. In your world I am going to hell, but you want to say since I do not believe in hell then I'm not.. whatever.

hmm, Then actually, according to what you just stated, I think we're in agreement. So what's the problem? (Other than the fact I think you were totally wrong in starting a thread stating threads concerning spiritual beliefs should be banned.)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Here is a good description of hell. This was written for children to read in the 1850's

Hell is located in the center of the earth, 4,000 miles from the surface.
bullet

"Millions on millions are shut up there. They are tormented with the most frightful pains. These dreadful pains make them furious."
bullet

There is "an upper hell, and a middle hell, and a lower hell." Punishments became progressively more horrendous as one descends.
bullet

"...torrents, not of rain, but of fire and brimstone, are rained down."
bullet

"...hell is filled with sulfur and smoke... they are stifled and choked each moment..."
bullet

"There is in hell a sound like that of many waters...It is the sound of oceans of tears running from the countless millions of eyes. They cry night and day."
bullet

"...the devil is king of hell, he is also judge."
bullet

"The prison of each soul is different, according to its sins."
bullet

"The [devil's] first stroke will make your body as bad as the body of Job, covered from head to foot with sores and ulcers. The second stroke will make your body twice as bad as the body of Job...How then will your body be after the devil has been striking it every moment for a hundred million of years without stopping?"
bullet

"The sinner lies chained down on a bed of red-hot blazing fire!"
bullet

"How will you feel in hell, when millions of...[flesh-eating worms] make their dwelling-place in your mouth, and ears, and eyes, and creep all over you, and sting you with their deadly stings through all eternity."
bullet

Various inmates, little boys, girls, teenagers, and adults:
bullet

are forced to wear a dress made of fire,
bullet

are trapped in a burning coffin,
bullet

are forced to stand on a red-hot floor,
bullet

suffer from blood boiling in their veins, or
bullet

are trapped in a red-hot oven.
bullet

"A mortal sin of one moment deserves the everlasting pains of hell." That is, eternal torture in Hell is a reasonable punishment for a single brief indiscretion lasting only a brief instant on earth.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Is this your opinion of hell?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

well to be honest and i will

the person be for me died in his sleep.

No flashy tunnels not god just put here

that's how it is and that's how it must be "for me"

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Hell is a place where the souls of the wicked are punished eternally for all the sins they perpetrated during their lifetime on Earth. Since all have sinned (Rom 3:23), Hell can not be avoided on one's own merits, but through the love gift of Jesus one can know, love, and serve God and share eternity with Him in Heaven.

Matthew 13:42: "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Matt 25:41: "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels."

Mark 9:43-48: And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched."

Luke 16:24: "And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame."

Revelation 20:13-15: "...hell delivered up the dead which were in them...And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Revelation 21:8: "But the fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." Brimstone is sulphur. In order for sulphur to form a lake, it must be molten. Thus, its temperature must be at or below 444.6 °C or 832 °F.

Preach on Brother! Preach on! Thump that Bible. Thump it!

You might want to change your mind about your site suggestion. If it was made policy you would be banned right now with as much as you are dicussing RELIGION.

Can you at least admit you were wrong seeing how even YOU are finding an interest in discussion a RELIGIOUS belief even if it is nothing more than an attempt at BAITING members?

There is a word for wanting others to not do what we ourselves do. I think it's called a hypocrite.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

This is the third time I have to put you on notice. You have now chosen to perpetuate your false claims against me by quoting another member that has taken your false statements against me and quoted them.

Wait, what did I do? I apologize if I quoted false things about you; I was just responding to the OP.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

It does not matter what I think hell is, for one I do not believe in hell. I find it amusing that someone believes because I rebelled and did not call jesus my master I will have an eternity of burning in molten flame. No wonder so many way back when took up christianity, pretty good incentives.. what a con. I see no reason for us to keep discussing this point. In your world I am going to hell, but you want to say since I do not believe in hell then I'm not.. whatever.

hmm, Then actually, according to what you just stated, I think we're in agreement. So what's the problem? (Other than the fact I think you were totally wrong in starting a thread stating threads concerning spiritual beliefs should be banned.)

So, I'm not going to hell because I don't believe in hell. Phew, that is GREAT news, very relieved. BTW this thread is bat# crazy.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

funny

for as it in heaven shall it be so in hell

I shall leave you to ponder that as you wish to comment on somewhat "textures/scripture"

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by Valhall

This is the third time I have to put you on notice. You have now chosen to perpetuate your false claims against me by quoting another member that has taken your false statements against me and quoted them.

Wait, what did I do? I apologize if I quoted false things about you; I was just responding to the OP.

You didn't. The OP was taking statements you made and applying them as if I had said them. I asked him now three times to stop it.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

This part isn’t in the Bible;Thus, its temperature must be at or below 444.6 °C or 832 °F.

This part is correct;

Matthew 13:42: "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Matt 25:41: "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels."

Mark 9:43-48: And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched."

Luke 16:24: "And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame."

Revelation 20:13-15: "...hell delivered up the dead which were in them...And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Revelation 21:8: "But the fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." Brimstone is sulphur.

It's none of my business but can I ask why you deny the Bible. Is it the Hell portion. Hell is only used a few times and Love over 1000. Their are love stories, all kinds of good things in the Bible besides the Wrath of God and Hell.

I only try to understand. This is a good place to ask.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mesmerizer

I liked the last word in this post

I feel a closed thread coming upon us

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mesmerizer

Hell is a place where the souls of the wicked are punished eternally for all the sins they perpetrated during their lifetime on Earth. Since all have sinned (Rom 3:23), Hell can not be avoided on one's own merits, but through the love gift of Jesus one can know, love, and serve God and share eternity with Him in Heaven.

Revelation 21:8: "But the fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." Brimstone is sulphur. In order for sulphur to form a lake, it must be molten. Thus, its temperature must be at or below 444.6 °C or 832 °F.

Preach on Brother! Preach on! Thump that Bible. Thump it!

You might want to change your mind about your site suggestion. If it was made policy you would be banned right now with as much as you are dicussing RELIGION.

Can you at least admit you were wrong seeing how even YOU are finding an interest in discussion a RELIGIOUS belief even if it is nothing more than an attempt at BAITING members?

There is a word for wanting others to not do what we ourselves do. I think it's called a hypocrite.

If anything all I have done is prove a point. That this bickering is endless, goes nowhere and is in the general forums. Why not relegate it to the religion forum, then the general forums can focus on something substantial. This thread has been derailed and I'm bowing out.. giving victory to the christians. They have silenced me. They will silence others because they are relentless and will not stop. They are in control. peace.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

and in English that says:

thy - he "ie" you and me offend me cut it off "question me" for its better for me and you to enter life not knowing than it is to know.

you are in hell

but hell is about the quenched part

tho granted im not the biblical type "no need for it" the wording is more correct if you read the context of it

Hell is not fire and brimstone its the very question you seek

that is your hell

what is it i asked befor

was not being here the same as hell or heaven?

3 things were did you come from ? in order to go to heaven and hell?

logical?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

What is up with you lady? My first reply to this post you threatened to ban me. You are now threatening to nark on someone else. You are the only one breaking all the rules of ATS.

You think you are God?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

For the record, because you didn't have the pair to state it after repeated requests, my concept of hell is a total separation, total absence of God. So if your decision is to deny the presence of God (even though my personal belief is that He is still present in your life while you live your corporeal life), I believe He will grant your wish in separation at the time of your death and cut off all ties.

While my answer will still remain that I do not know whether you will go to hell (as believed by me and described above) because that is something decided by you, I can say that because my belief (that God's mercy is present in our lives whether we accept it or reject it during our corporeal lives), I would not want to accept an afterlife outside his Mercy and Grace and the God presence. That is my belief...take it or leave it.

I accept you, and I accept your beliefs for you. I request you do the same for me. My beliefs do not affect your life, nor do yours mine. I wish you well in this life, and because of my beliefs, in the next.

And with that.. I bid you farewell and Godspeed - now and hereafter.

[edit on 5-29-2009 by Valhall]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I must agree with you that for some it is better to not know, than know and deny.

I still appreciate our discussion. It gets interesting.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

This is in reply to the original post. Seems to me it's about like saying people spoil the entire site. A little contradictory eh? It's a discussion board.

I seen a book in Borders the other day about how to be an atheist. Maybe something like that could help you out a little?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
We cannot ban one or all forms of extremism, otherwise the forums would be looking pretty sparse.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I am only here to let others understand what came be for heaven and hell "in that respect"

you see for me GOD or what ever name you wish to place upon the meaning of your life is the very reason for both

If god made heaven and hell

what did we come from in order to go to both?

this is the real question and the real "god" as you will

The question is GOD its how you work but to understand we all have answers to ask understand We are not the ones asking

Humility helps in this regard and respect for others views

You can think what you will and you will but others are the same they question

is that not the very answer? the question? the function of it?

I have said this be for in another thread

what shape is your mind + what shape is the universe?

Question is what you are in and its NOT your question IS IT?

or why would you be asking?

logic

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Wow contemplator logged off and gives credit to the Christians for not giving up.

I hope I didnt cause him to feel bad. I wish I knew what answer he was looking for besides Hell. Maybe he'll get on tomorrow and continue.

Sometimes we see it as a good debate and fail to see the point.

I am guilty of that sometimes. I'll do more listening to him tomorrow.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join