It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe religion is souring this entire site, it should be banned

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Valhall

You pretend to not know what Hell is. O.K

Theological Hell is not receiving life after death. The Literal projection is fire and brimstone.

Now you know.

That's your two-sided answer. I didn't ask you. Maybe the person I asked will actually step up and answer.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

this is better

Now i can see your point so i will say sorry for my miss understanding somewhat

You are correct His hell is only his Not mine or yours, some people do not even have a belief in hell

so It is only his and his alone

Just like the thread
"""I"""

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mesmerizer

Originally posted by contemplator
Not quite, I went of on a tangent.

A RELIGIOUS Tangent asking a RELIGIOUS question about a RELIGIOUS belief. Even you can't resist.

Vauxhill or whatever the name is took offense to being told he is 'epic fail', I thought that funny as he believes we're all going to burn in hell. I was trying to make him admit this but he chickened out. he knows I'm going to hell but will not say it.

I don't care what inspired your RELIGIOUS tangent. All I saw was that you went off on one. As the champion for this new policy I would think you would fly your banner and be an example.

Now THAT is an EPIC FAIL.

Yes
you are right
it is epic fail

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Yes I believe they are conspiring to save your soul.... because they love you...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be moved to conspiracy in religion?

I see how people are trying to take down religion on this forum. It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

But seriously, this post has accomplished the very thing the op was trying to condemn. Irony at its best? Or hidden agenda at work?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

reply to post by Valhall

You pretend to not know what Hell is. O.K

Theological Hell is not receiving life after death. The Literal projection is fire and brimstone.

Now you know.

That's your two-sided answer. I didn't ask you. Maybe the person I asked will actually step up and answer.

What, I get to have my own hell now? cool, I will make it a beach resort in Fiji, with lot's of free booze.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Dont play games with him. He is asking you if he will go to Hell. You claim you wont divuldge your perception. You have asked more than once "What is Hell"

There is only one Hell and one Heaven. You cant get them mixed up.

Some believe and some do not. It's called Free Will and all is good.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Valhall

Dont play games with him. He is asking you if he will go to Hell. You claim you wont divuldge your perception. You have asked more than once "What is Hell"

For him to publicly state I am going to hell completely destroys his credibility on ATS. he will stay well away.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I get to have my own hell now? cool

6.7 billion people have their own hell

or maybe not? what is hell?

im just asking because for me i do not see the logic

let me try to explain a bit

what did you come from be for being here? heaven? nothing? then you get put here then you are tested then go to hell? but can ask to repent and go to heaven?

I do not get this aspect of logic please help me out

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

That was funny. I'm glad a few of us can have a sense of humor while talking religion. Add a twist of sweet lime to the drink.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Valhall

this is better

You are correct His hell is only his Not mine or yours, some people do not even have a belief in hell

Just like the thread
"""I"""

We agree. No one's beliefs ever can become fact to another person unless that person accepts those beliefs in such a way that makes them facts to their lives. I have spiritual beliefs. I don't require anyone to accept them as their beliefs, or to accept them on a logical or factual basis. They are mine. My beliefs (no matter how devout they may be to me) do not effect another person. We can share them, argue them, defend them, discuss them till Jesus comes back (lol), but they are only of value to the person who has accepted them as their belief system.

If I am asked "will I go to hell" by another person, I cannot answer (especially if I have no idea what "hell" means to them) any other way than "You and God only know". and that response is based on my BELIEF, which is fact for me. But barring some mitigating circumstance coming from their opinion of what "hell" is, does my belief really have any bearing on their life?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

this post i would love to star 1000 times

why?

because the top ten missed the biggest conspiracy theory ever

WHY are you here? lol

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Valhall

So you claim to be versed in Theology and Philosophy and you drivel this nonsense out? Oh my.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

what did you come from be for being here? heaven? nothing? then you get put here then you are tested then go to hell? but can ask to repent and go to heaven? I do not get this aspect of logic please help me out

Nobody's really sure. But in the grand scheme of things, isn't it more important what we do while we're here instead of why we're here? No one knows why God put people here, but as humans we won't ever know that.

As for repenting, you have to be sincere. God knows whether or not you're being genuine.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
reply to post by Valhall

this is better

Just like the thread
"""I"""

If I am asked "will I go to hell" by another person, I cannot answer (especially if I have no idea what "hell" means to them) any other way than "You and God only know". and that response is based on my BELIEF, which is fact for me. But barring some mitigating circumstance coming from their opinion of what "hell" is, does my belief really have any bearing on their life?

Sure you can answer. Your beliefs state that if ANYONE does not accept the lord jesus christ as their savior then they will burn in hell by the hand of YOUR god, in YOUR hell. Why is this so complicated. Or are you saying I only believe some of what my pastor says and choose the rest as I see fit. Well, in that case I guess we'll meet in hell

link   
reply to post by Valhall

i agree the response is very much to clarify their own belief !

You see for me i see this so well, granted this is "my view" as i have stated in many posts. For me the very reason of the questions people ask is my job

understanding of the question is what humans face not so much the answers

accept you are here in that respect LIFE is all about LIFE not me you or others thinking they know

if they knew then why bother asking in the first place?

and just to add a note here : I am not from this place

Just so you are aware of that and you have and others may take a view on this but im not what you think or can understand as you "correct" are not ME

; )

but i do have a job to do

link   

For him to publicly state I am going to hell completely destroys his credibility on ATS. he will stay well away.

If you falsely accuse me one more time, I will report your repeated offenses to the mods. It is unacceptable to accuse me of doing something I have not done. I have not said what you have now accused me of twice.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Justification.

We opt to justify the unknown with identifiers.

I prefer acceptance of the knowing.

It's actually all very simple.

Peace...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Sure you can answer. Your beliefs state that if ANYONE does not accept the lord jesus christ as their savior then they will burn in hell by the hand of YOUR god, in YOUR hell. Why is this so complicated. Or are you saying I only believe some of what my pastor says and choose the rest as I see fit. Well, in that case I guess we'll meet in hell

Have you noticed that you are having an internal argument with yourself? You are spewing out crap that you appear to be internally battling with and applying it to members (namely me) as if they have said it to you, when they (namely me) have not???

I think you need to join the discussion and stop talking to yourself. It might further this discussion to some extent.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

If anyone feels as I do please star this post. I am close to leaving ATS because I can no longer stomach the holy rolling showing up in most threads. Several members speak as if they are ascended beings and we should be blessed to be in their presence. I have been on other forums that turned into cesspools because of religious banter, and I have been on forums that ban religious discussion -or relegate it strictly to one area (the best option). Religion has nothing to offer ATS whatsoever. I stated in another thread I think there is a general conspiracy here by christians (there are even evangelical moderators) that have infiltrated the site to an extreme level. They are here to stifle free thinking, distract discussion and 'do the lord's work' as they say. It is blatantly obvious what they are doing. I believe it is sinister, a manipulation and is ruining a great forum. This ban would be fought viciously and I know I'm probably wasting my time typing this. To those who feel as I do, do not be afraid to question the church on ATS. I hate to leave this site but I just can't take it any more. I can hear the replies already.. touting that all views should be embraced and respected. Well, they DO NOT respect our views I can tell you that. And on a parting note, I prefer no one 'pray for me'. Thank you.

My personal experience of many forums is that the moderators and owners are majority Judean,and Anti Muslim and Anti Christian rants are tolerated whereas any critique aimed at Jewish interests results in many I have observed being punished.
We should all tolerate and remain open to the opinions of all.
If there is a majority Christian membership here accept it or else find a forum that is majority whatever pleases you.
Personally I have seen a balanced outlook on ATS.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join