It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann: Lost in the shuffle, the Portugese police version.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that our media have been mostly critical of the Portugese police in the case of Madeleine McCann's kidnapping. I don't think any police force anywhere would escape criticism in these circumstances.

It is interesting to hear the Portugese police give the results of the investigation from their point of view. The sniffer dog evidence as explained by them, as well as the strange behavior of the McCanns immediately after the kidnapping and the revisions made by Jane Tanner to her story cast the whole event in a different light for me.

I'm more baffled than ever. Especially after hearing the Portugese police refer to a man seen by British tourists carrying a small child some streets over from the Ocean Club apartment of the McCanns. The following is certainly worth a look. It is in Portugese but subtitled.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Part 3.

Part 4.

Part 5.

Part 6.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
IMO she has probably been dead for a long time now.The chances of missing children being found alive after two months or so are very very slim.If they find her alive it would be great but in reality i dont think they will,unlikely they will even find the body for years if it all.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I agree. If she was kidnapped as the McCanns say, she probably wasn't alive for more than a few days, if that. The Portugese police wanted to keep things quiet for a while, but the McCanns insisted on getting the press involved almost immediately. If she had been kidnapped that could have been her death warrant. Effectively, they made her too hot to handle.

I know the Amber Alert system is built on the opposite premise, but in this case, with her distinctive eye, I think they were making a big mistake. To me that reinforces the attitude of the Portugese police to the McCanns, as being . . . troubling. The behaviour is taylor made to set the stage for "role playing". Obviously it could be motivated by genuine anxiety too, but I can see how the Portugese police might look with a jaundiced eye at it as well.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I followed this case loosely when it was all over the news. My impression was that the media was making a soap opera out of it, and not actually reporting anything of importance.

My biggest issue with the media is they failed to underline a few interesting aspects of the case, namely that the Mccann children were all sleeping at 7pm while the parents and friends were all sloshing in a wine dinner nearby, which to me makes me think they were sedated on purpose by their doctor parents (and hints to a possible negligence case), and the fact that in the cases of murdered children the parents are the culprits in a very large number of them, yet the Mccanns were instantly put on a pedestal, with even a visit to the pope. Possibly with the exception of portuguese media, which seemed less biased, perhaps because the whole nation was put under attack by british tabloid blitzkrieg.

It all reeked of media manipulation, and possibly the only real victim in all this was Madeleine.

I came out of this case thinking that there is absolutely no good done with making a case like this hit prime time news, and police and media should seriously reconsider practices. It's a local police matter which should at most hit the interpol level and possibly an international missing children registry. Making a foundation was ludicrous, getting celebrities involved was disgusting. Asking for money was the straw that broke the camels back.

The whole affair made me sick to the pit of my stomach and pretty much stopped me from watching mainstream media news all by itself.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

I think your feelings would probably be very close to those of the lead Portugese investigators in the case. I think, from watching the above embedded video, that they believe, in this case, that defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory, mainly by political interference emanating from the Prime Minister's office in the UK.

The McCanns had every reason to lie like wall to wall carpeting and no reason whatsoever to come clean if Madeleine died in an accident resulting from negligence. There is no doubt that there was negligence.

In fact, the only scenario that I can think of that could have permitted them to carry on in life retaining custody of their children and of their jobs as doctors is the kidnapping scenario. The motivation to lie in this case was monumental and completely understandable. I'm sure the Portugese police understood the situation only too well.

Based on their presentation in this video a verdict of guilty in a trial for negligence causing death was not an unreasonable expectation. They really must feel like they have been left with a mouth full of ashes after what transpired.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This website is well worth looking into.

www.mccannfiles.com...

It has the most complete archive of data on the Madeleine McCann story that I have ever seen. There are numerous photos and diagrams of the pertinent locations in the case and quite a large amount of interesting, relevant press coverage, including statements made at various times by the McCanns themselves and people that they spoke to or contacted following Madeleine's disappearance.

There are some very good analytical pieces from journalistic sources as well as a link to an English language narration of Gonçalo Amaral's presentation of the case, The Truth of the Lie.

The only thing that the Portugese police haven't advanced is a credible scenario to explain how British tourists from out of town could have hidden a dead body somewhere for twenty-three days, then retrieved it in their rental car for transport to some final hidden destination.

One such scenario would involve the missing blue sports bag presumably. Was it used to hide Madeleine's body in the cupboard (marked by the cadaver dog in Kate and Gerry's bedroom) during the period immediately following the discovery of Madeleine's absence? Maybe, but then what?

The man seen by the Smith's, carrying a child in the direction of the beach at quite some distance from the Ocean Club, before the alarm was raised. They think it was Gerry, but how could that be if he was only absent from the tapas bar for a brief period to check the kids and to talk to Jeremy Wilkins in the street?

When you read the various statements made by friends of the McCanns, especially considering that they are all medical personel, who are, as we know, special beings devoid of the sort of faults and laziness that cause other people to take shortcuts in life and occasionally break the rules, one wonders if one is witnessing a rare (as grains of sand) example of the "cluster butt cover".

Sort of like stampeding zebras, all you see is stripes.

And then there is that lying two faced cadaver dog. I'm going to be digesting the material on this website for a while, I can see.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Paedophile Wants Cash For Madeleine Inquiry

British paedophile Raymond Hewlett has demanded cash to help the Madeleine McCann investigation, Sky News sources say.

It is understood the 64-year-old former soldier wants thousands of pounds in cash for the interview with the McCann investigators.

The news comes amid reports that Hewlett has confessed he did see the little girl before she disappeared.

Hewlett - who is undergoing cancer treatment in Germany - is said to have told reporters: "Yes - I have seen Maddie."

He even remembered the distinctive flaw in her right eye, German newspaper Bild said.

Hewlett was living in Tavira, in southern Portugal, when Madeleine disappeared on May 3 2007.

The coastal town is about an hour's drive from the Algarve's Praia da Luz resort where she vanished.

Investigators hired by Gerry and Kate McCann had been hoping to speak to Hewlett today, but then he asked for payment for his co-operation.

Madeleine and how she would look aged six

McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell told Sky News Online: "Our investigators are confident of speaking to Raymond Hewlett very soon.

"But we won't be making any payment to him."

Asked about reports that Hewlett has admitted seeing Madeleine, he added: "This makes it even more important that he speaks to our investigators.

"If he does have credible information about Madeleine or her whereabouts then it is vital that he does that right away and speaks to our investigators as a priority."

Hewlett has now left hospital in Aachen, western Germany, to speak to British police investigating child assault allegations

news.sky.com... 115296977?f=rss

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marmt

British paedophile with a few weeks to live decides to get right with his wallet. Let's hope he's telling the truth and it leads to Madeleine.

I doubt this is the break everyone has been waiting for.

top topics

join