It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you came accross a race like ours in space, would you greet them? (Y/N)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
First, they've never just come across this race or planet. The galaxy/universe is very populated and they have outposts everywhere. And we were a project, one that got taken over by some renegades, a particular group in the annanuki.
Their involvement with this planet has been ongoing.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
First, they've never just come across this race or planet. The galaxy/universe is very populated and they have outposts everywhere. And we were a project, one that got taken over by some renegades, a particular group in the annanuki.
Their involvement with this planet has been ongoing.

that's possible, but not confirmed though.

for something not confirmed you have to take a look at it from different angles.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sure. I'd like to pop in and say, 'Hello.' However, it would probably be wise to send an unmanned probe first just to be safe. Then if it's not blown to bits, I'd love to personally come down and greet them. Just choose the country and location wisely.

Edit: Or at least do a transmission. It would suck to be confiscated and whisked away to a lab somewhere for experimentation. lol

[edit on 5/28/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Sure. I'd like to pop in and say, 'Hello.' However, it would probably be wise to send an unmanned probe first just to be safe. Then if it's not blown to bits, I'd love to personally come down and greet them. Just choose the country and location wisely.

Edit: Or at least do a transmission. It would suck to be confiscated and whisked away to a lab somewhere for experimentation. lol

[edit on 5/28/2009 by AshleyD]

isnt that what happened at Roswell maybe?

heh, this si why they havent made their presence known to the masses.

they never said (hello were here)

they have just been saying (HEY WERE FLOATING HERE!!)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Pretty pointless point of view since you have nothing to compare us to.
Maybe our behavior is an evolutionary standard.
Maybe we are "angels" when compared to the other pre-space expansion civilisations.
What do we know?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Depends...
does it violate the prime directive?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I agree with many points in your message!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hmmm, those are great points, when I first came across this thread those things didn't even come into my mind. But to be honest, I still think I would greet them, I guess curiosity killed the cat lol.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

For the love of all the gods mankind has believed in and will believe in, no. We hate what is different, can't even stand differences in each other *racism, etc*. What kind of a fool would assume that we would accept aliens from another planet???

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Would aliens have asked themselves these questions? I think so.

Look at us in this post. We don't even want to greet our own species!

I think they would find a certain few that where worthy of contact. We are not all bad after all. Some people would not respond in a violent harsh manner. I think they would be the prime candidates for contact.

(notice a lot of the accounts that we call loons, before the meeting with ETs met this criteria.)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Would aliens have asked themselves these questions? I think so.

Look at us in this post. We don't even want to greet our own species!

I think they would find a certain few that where worthy of contact. We are not all bad after all. Some people would not respond in a violent harsh manner. I think they would be the prime candidates for contact.

(notice a lot of the accounts that we call loons, before the meeting with ETs met this criteria.)

i agree some wont, some will tho, some wont understand. just look at the kids in Pakistan (i think that was the place) they found the little thing walking around and smacked it with a brick. im not declaring it to be real or declaring it to be how we would react, but lets just say that, we are violent to things we don't understand.

the kids are not our reps tho, not declaring that they are, just an example of how we could get when we come across to something different.

your right, racism is a cold hard fact with all of us. some of us don't take it to heart, but some of us hate each other, and well in my OP if we cant get along with our own species, what makes you think we can get along with a different intelligent species?

i see that a lot of you disagree with me on this, and i wont hold it against you, its not my place to do so, and everyone has a right to their opinion. i respect that, its what makes life great, to get different ideas, and different ideologies towards ourselves.

i tried to take myself out of society and look at it from an outside view. yes i understand we are a young species, and that we have made mistakes in our past and were growing and in due time will come together and unite as just one race, the human race. but today, not so much. im not trying to attack mankind in any sort of way. im not trying to be negative, but im just pointing out bits and pieces that would cause the ET's to turn around and not greet us.

i do hope one day though that we grow as a species and unite as one so we can enter the galactic community (is there is one) with open arms and all the love and experience it will provide. im sorry if i hit a sore note with some of you. this wasn't in any way to insult us. just observation.

we have a good and bad history. but this history was filled with hate. this history was also littered with love.

reading the replies. i changed my mind a bit. i would come down to greet us, in hopes that i could help the race get along a lot better. share the tech needed to stabilize our lives, and show the the true history of the universe. (whatever that may be)

thanks for all the replies guys.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phagg
Pretty pointless point of view since you have nothing to compare us to.
Maybe our behavior is an evolutionary standard.
Maybe we are "angels" when compared to the other pre-space expansion civilisations.
What do we know?

we know nothing, we have nothing but ourselves to compare ourselves to. we don't get along as a race though. that is my main point. if we cant get along with each other, then why would ET greet us?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
For the reasons you listed I'd have to say no, hell no! Maybe another 1000 years from now when we're finally free of the corrupt system we live by now, but not until.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yes! And then I would poke them with my stick and ask "Hello! Is anybody in there?"

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
good points. but supposedly they are millions of years ahead of us right? that would make us primitive compared to them, and therefore, they probably weeded out the problem of violence amongst themselves a very long time ago.

Who says they are millions of years ahead of us? We make the assumption because they can travel here over long distances.

Look at it from their perspective. They've been flying around in the same vehicles for thousands of years (we can see this from our own historical records - cave paintings, old documents, etc).

In that same time frame, it took us up until the last two hundred years to begin developing the 'modern sciences' (chemistry, metallurgy, etc - we began quantifying the universe). In those past two hundred years, we developed most of our understanding of chemistry and atomic energy. It was sixty-five years ago (roughly) that we detonated the first atomic weaponry.

Since then - we've developed a very powerful understanding of organic life and the world around us - as well as developing our own synthetic processing networks (computers).

Now - we have no metrics to compare ourselves to.... but since there doesn't seem to be any apparent improvement in alleged ET technology over the past thousands of years - and here we go encroaching on their territory in the past two centuries.... I think we're turning interstellar heads.

It could be argued that, in some cases, we may be more technologically advanced than some of the ETs visiting us.

Now - as far as whether or not they've 'weeded out' violence - I don't see it as being possible. Pacifism doesn't exist outside of societies supplied with an abundance (economically). That abundance is consistently threatened by parasitic types - regardless of 'how advanced' they are.

The concept of self-defense, and the exploitation of weapons by parasitic types within other and their own societies will likely mean they maintain a military and a concept of violence and war.

Though - they are aliens.... perhaps war and peace are completely alien concepts to them (and what it would mean to their own society).

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I just have to get this out:
While it's true that we have some good qualities (like another poster said - art, compassion, imagination), overall, we're a mess, and I hate to say it, but look at us from an outer perspective.
As a whole, I'm sure we have a bad rap, and it destroys me that because of that reputation, those of us who I feel deserve disclosure will never get it because of the rest of the world.
We are (again - collectively speaking) racist, warlike, powerhungry.
I do say, however, that it's not really our faults we are the way we are. As much as that may be contradicting what I just said, I feel it to be true nevertheless...
Maybe if we had a correct history of ourselves and no religion (just answers to the universe), perhaps we'd have a chance...
I get very emotional (believe it or not) over this subject. That we are (in official terms) alone. Alone as hell. We have no idea who we are, where we come from, what we want, and what we believe, and I really don't think that's fair. I don't know who's fault EXACTLY it is, but as a whole it isn't much ours... We're just playing the script of what was scripted awhile ago.
Damn it man, damn it.

I'm sorry. If I were them, I wouldn't come down here to help. Not yet. I'd check back in another hundred years.
Sometimes I wonder if a mass landing would even change us for the better. But I could be wrong in my wonderings...
Trust me... Not to put myself up there, but I probably want disclosure more than all of you combined (well, I doubt that
), but the realist in me tells me that we are just not ready yet. And like I said - it's probably not even our fault, thanks to indoctrinations and belief systems and TV.
Guhhhh what a mess....

I say that we could use a hand despite what I just bashed us about, but I wonder if they really have the (man)power, drive, or even determination to help us. It would be 100 million times harder than what Obama inherited from Bush43.

Hey, I still do have hope, and I'm really sorry to bash us like I did.
And I will be participating in the UFO watch this Sunday at 4pm EST - sending out an SOS. Maybe they DO have solutions that we can't even comprehend, they just need to get a strong enough signal from us WANTING their help.

I'm done with this post. Peace. Sorry if I offended our race.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Nothing to get emotional about.

But here's the problem.

Why are you looking to aliens to solve our problems?

Most of our problems are a result of people not being willing to interact with other people - a sort of social eugenics that we attempt to cling to.

Why do you blame governments and various organizations/social groups for the "mess" our society is?

This "mess" is a product of free thought. To get an "organized" and "peaceful" humanity - you would have to, effectively, eliminate free thought (or at least expressions of it).

We could certainly learn to deal with free thought in some different manners than we do now - but you'll never get a humanity that is free from war.

I contend that peace is in accepting one's self and the world we live in. That opens up doors to change who we are and to control our responses to our environment. Otherwise, we are slaves to our own self-ignorance and external stimuli.

So, peace is possible - just not in the way many tend to envision peace (a lack of war or violence).

The problem that would keep me from exposing myself to this species (as a whole) would be our self and spiritual ignorance.

Asking aliens to solve our problems is part of that ignorance, quite bluntly. A god that works through the universe and life, itself is the pinnacle of spiritualistic understandings. Nothing can confound it. Science is conducive to understanding and growing with it - other life is conducive to understanding and growing your spiritual understanding.... the list goes on. Your spiritual need is fulfilled - helping you keep a meaningful perspective on the world and events around you. Additionally - you are part of that spirituality - asking it to help you is also tasking yourself to participate - not just passing the buck.

If your spiritual hierarchy is supplanted by the existence of critters with pretty flashing lights..... then you're nothing but a liability to them. You'll be asking them to do everything.

It's one thing to respect and seek to learn from.... it's another to be dependent upon. When you are seeking dependence - it's never good in the end.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
If I was a space explorer, and I came across a planet like ours, with a race like ours, would I come down from the sky and greet them?

If they saw me first, then I would be dodging their bullets, so I guess that I wouldn't greet them.

If I saw them first, then I would stay hidden, as I wouldn't want to dodge their bullets.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

you got a weeeee bit emotional there bud, but i share your confusion in a way regarding this. we don't need to look up for help. we have all we need here. just need to progress here, and take some sort of control. we will develop into something better thousands of years down the line...
.... if we don't blow ourselves up first... which seems likely now because of Iran/NK with their nuke programs.

If i remember correctly, UFO's started showing up a lot more after the atomic era. we might be able to see a few more sightings in the next few weeks IMO. at least near NK.

i admit we need a bit of a boost, or a guide in the right direction, w/e direction that may be. who knows... i just hope we go in the right one. then maybe they can come down and say hi...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

lol that made me laugh... good stuff mate!

yes, id like to dodge those bullets too, we all know some of them have already... for those whoa are aware of the "Battle Of L.A.", 1942 (UFO over Los Angeles) GOTTA SEE how many bullets they fired at this supposed weather balloon... heh.

Linkage:

EDIT TO ADD: See what we did when they came down? we shot at them... although we were at war and its... you know justified, but we still shot at it with so much, but didn't even scratch it or bring it down!

and that was just ONE UFO.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by ugie1028]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join