It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you came accross a race like ours in space, would you greet them? (Y/N)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

No way! The human race stinks - its treatment of each other, treatment of animals, and general selfishness.

I would hope that all aliens are better than we are. And I would not wish to meet a 'human' alien unless they were more evolved than we are.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

im finally seeing more who agree with me.

I agree i would come down if we were a bit more civilized toward our own species. and a bit more evolved as well.

STARED

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I forgot to say how stupid humans are as well. We are destroying our own planet, in the name of greed. When there is enough here to sustain everyone, or was.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

yea, we humans are evil creatures. we are helping cause extinctions of species, clear cutting forests, loading the air with chemicals, polluting our rivers, destroying ecosystems, etc. we are irresponsible. we WOULD be gladly take some free energy tools from ET, to lessen the severity of our pollution.... although even if we had free energy tech, i doubt it would stop us from doing more damage.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

To be fair, there are huge numbers of nice people, but it is the few evil people in power who are ruining the world.

Something I have never been able to understand is this - if you have riches and power, why do you want more riches and power? I mean, what is the point?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

To be fair, there are huge numbers of nice people, but it is the few evil people in power who are ruining the world.

Something I have never been able to understand is this - if you have riches and power, why do you want more riches and power? I mean, what is the point?

PURE GREED.

its euphoric if you think about it. if you had power. you would want to hold onto it for as long as possible, regardless of the outcome.

if people are willingly following your agenda, that's just makes us just as bad as them...

remember we listen to the news, we listen to the radio, we buy their goods, we trade in their dollars, we fight the wars for them...

they guide, we follow blindly.

it would be nice if we as a mass, realize this all at once, and realize we have as much power as they do... we all bleed the same blood. its just they sit on their piles of money/gold, and offer us (their pieces) if we do (X,Y,Z) for them.

it all starts with you, me and mr average joe. if we stop buying into their stuff, they wouldn't have power anymore, and the influence could change.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I really wish that could happen - but how do you get enough people? If I organised a march here, I would get about 10 people lol.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

LOL

perhaps, 10 people who know more people, could expand into something, you never know...

it would be squished before it even starts getting momentum.

to answer your question. i HAVE NO FLIPPING CLUE.

I wish there was an easy way for it, but human nature, if there were to be a GREAT CHANGE unfortunately, there would be war... and well that would just be another bloody chapter in human history. which uneventfully will set us back...

But if we could multiply those 10 people of yours, and do it peacefully, then there could be a chance, but haven't we seen marches before and they changed little to nothing?

IMO there needs to be a new beleif system that would take generations to grow, and play out. something along the lines of pacifistic philosophy, and minimal control. such as balance within society, foreign policy tweaking and such... this isnt my cup of tea though. i wouldn't know where to start, but i DO have ideas... ideas that have fallen on deaf ears...

A thread i think u should read... this is one of my ideas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

barely any flags or recognition (also lackage of stars, lol)... i got an applause for this tho, but still fell on a lot of deaf ears.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Yes, you are a carer like me.

Unfortunately, the top people are not carers.

So, I am at a loss here.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Yes, you are a carer like me.

Unfortunately, the top people are not carers.

So, I am at a loss here.

cant lose hope. cant let them take it away. we will wake up soon. we all will notice soon... will take forever though.

wish forever would just happen already!!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

We have to face the facts. The world leaders only care about killing people and/or grabbing everything.

I would like to hang in there, but I am at my wits end.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

if you give up thats minus one in a small group, if you give, others will give...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Not just that, look at how above everything we view ourselves to be. How we have no problem torturing another life form to death so long as it isn't one of us. Look at how many of us allow greed to rule our lives. Look at what we do to each other over petty differences. We are the epitome of an evil race at the moment.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

thats my point, just look at us, were horrible. some are not horrible... but we go on in our daily lives, working, coming home, watching TV minding our own, while out there, there's murder, torture, in summary, disregarding life... for what purpose? security? power? if we would all just get along, we would be progressing faster then we are now.

but were a young species, so... we have to learn the hard way.

OK i tried to edit, but it didn't work, so let me try again...

THIS is a good read... its about the The Maldekian Crop Circle

here is the image to the CC

here is the decoded message:

"Beware the bearers of false gifts and their broken promises. Much pain, but still time. Believe there is good out there. We oppose deception. Conduit closing. 0x07"

Source: www.nuwaubian-hotep.net...

sounds like they are mad at us for something i wonder what...

the site i mentioned states a theory, but im not so sure, its up for people to decide, not me.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Personally I would avoid them, I get sick of being asked for change here.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontbealala
Personally I would avoid them, I get sick of being asked for change here.

it happens, getting asked for change, its the society we live in that causes this. not their fault. yes, they are in a position based on their personal choice, and had a chance not to be in that position. but they are still there, begging for help.

anyone else going to give an answer? so far it seems tied 50/50 on landing or not.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Thanks for the link. But I have heard of this group before. They come off to me as little more than a black Nazish movement so I am going to have a hard time taking much they have to say seriously. We don't need another holocaust for ANY race and I think this group wouldn't mind it. Here's an example,

"Right Racism"
Some of the Nuwaubian racial doctrine borrows from Moorish Science and the Nation of Islam. York’s racial philosophy explicitly indicates that certain blacks – "Nubians" or "Melanites" – are of a superior race in fact as well as in descent.

Periodically Nuwaubians will claim not to adhere to a racist doctrine, for instance quoting York’s statement: "We accept as fact that no one race of people is better than the other. In fact no one wins the race in racism."

However, other statements from York and his followers indicate that his philosophy does ascribe moral characteristics based on race. For instance, in one lecture York said: "White people are the devil. They say the Nuwaubians are not racist – bullcrap! I am. He might not be; that’s his prerogative. I am. White people are devils — always was, always will be."
SOURCE:en.wikipedia.org...

I do not know about you but I am not a devil and have never meant anyone *save one person who earned it with bells on and he wasn't black* any harm. This group's rhetoric sounds too much like the afforementioned group that cause soo much suffering.
Please note I think there should be only one racial distinction, that is human.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

good catch, i didint see that. i just posted it on there since it had a translation to the CC, i couldn't find another one like it. well i did now, but kind of too late now isnt it?

Crabwood.

But it was interesting to read. its one view of a few towards the CC.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Thanks. I often try to find out more about those that offer information so I can understand where they are coming from. Doesn't prove or disprove what they are saying but it does provide context.
That and I am just fascinated by why we do and say what we do and say. And I will note it's very often not the reasons we state openly.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Thanks. I often try to find out more about those that offer information so I can understand where they are coming from. Doesn't prove or disprove what they are saying but it does provide context.
That and I am just fascinated by why we do and say what we do and say. And I will note it's very often not the reasons we state openly.

i dont beleive its the direct connection to it and the message. wow u know i feel like crap right now for providing that source.

I just created a thread on the CC www.abovetopsecret.com...

I should of done a bit more research on it. i edited and tried to fix it and explain its one of many theories on it, just hope i dont get flamed for that... i prob will, going to need some burn cream for later (sigh) im still new at this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join