It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Dream... What WAS that!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This was a new experience for me on so many levels. It sent me reeling so hard that I just meandered around ATS finding 20 threads to comment on so I could post my own thread and hopefully gain some insight from folks I assume are more well-versed in this kind of thing than I am. It wasn't the subject matter of the dream that has me so discombobulated, but more so the way it was presented.

I was at home, which was a sort of hybrid of "home" as I know it in real life and "home" that is familiar only in one's dream. And sometimes I felt like we lived there alone as a family, and at other times it was like communal living. I started getting a feeling that something was "off" and I realize now that it was because there were "two" of everyone (everyone being my husband, son, and daughter) though I never saw more than one at a time. It was like I was seeing them as they are now, and the next time as they would be some time in the not-too-distant future. But these differences were bleeding into each other and overlapping. I was so confused as to why I would put my daughter down for a nap, turn around, and she was running around the house when she should be in her crib. Still her- but different (seemingly older) and her clothes that I had just put her in were now ill-fitted. At one point my son was laying on the bed, got up, and started walking across the mattress. I commented to an Indian woman that was in the room (she was dressed in traditional garb) that he wasn't old enough to walk.

I was pretty freaked out and tried to talk to my husband about the things that were happening around me and he was apparently very aware of it all and thought it was quite normal. He was in most aspects the same, but had a very large, colorful bird-like tattoo on his his forehead, the wings stretching from temple to temple. I got the impression that it was a fake tattoo as it seemed a bit faded in the middle, but at that point I didn't have a grasp on what was happening around me and didn't realize I was talking to the "future" him. He told me that all of this had started happening "when they remodeled the downstairs" and somewhere around that point, I realized that I was dreaming.

I tried like hell to find some kind of reality to grab a hold of but everything was shifting from time line to time line so frequently, I couldn't get a handle on what was reality and what was its alternate. I was then pulled back and up and became an observer.

I was watching as a man came to my husband and told him that he was looking for him. He had read his book (my husband has not written a book) and heard of all the things he had done. I got the impression that my husband was prominent in some kind of resistance and was seen as a leader, mentor, or inspirational figure. This was NOT a surprise AT ALL to me. It was as if I knew it already. They also spoke of me, clearly unaware that I was "watching". The visitor mentioned that he also admired me because I wore these bands or cuffs around my wrists, which was apparently a very defiant act in this "future" or "alternate time line" or whatever the heck it was. This DID surprise me and I thought to myself, "wow... I will be a person that people look up to." That WAS a surprise to me.

Finally, I was awoken. And I was so extraordinarily disoriented and confused, I was AFRAID and highly disturbed. I recounted this dream to my husband and he suggested I post it here (he's a very active ATS member) as aspects of it sounded like something worth exploring.

Thanks for taking the time to read! Please throw anything and everything out there you think of!

[edit on 27-5-2009 by azuriteskies]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by azuriteskies

I'm going to be honest here and let you know that I clicked the link because I was drawn to this topic. I really would like to read your story.

But I have a difficult time reading such a long paragraph.

Please, if you would, edit this and break this up into paragraphs.

I thank you and hope you can accommodate my disability.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I am not one to say that dreams are never to be interpreted literally but i do believe that for the most part dreams are made up of symbols reflecting our emotional states and warnings from our subconcious about external things. Sometimes our subconcious tries to warn us about such things as our relationships or our failing health etc. This is in no way supernatural but very natural aspect of our bodies. We get subconcious signals all day from people and events and our brain deals with this in the way of dreams. Best example is how people have becoem attuned to bad feelings about a person and pull away from someone they percieve as being bad or not trustworthy. The person may not have done anything outwardly conciously that we know of to make us feel this way yet something triggered a response in us. Body language and a million other subtle things all add up that our subconcious picks up on. Dreams are our brains way for the most part to deal with all these signals and information we have processed all day. We subconciously know sometimes when our health is getting bad or our loved ones are angry at us or in a bad mood or the spouse has had a bad day even when they are hiding it from us. Outwardly they may profess nothing is wrong yet we just KNOW. Well again thats all those subtle things we are picking up on and your brain is going to try and find a way using images and symbols to figure it out and warn you. I like to think that alot of our psychic abilities are just our subconcious understanding of possibilities we can see coming and manifest themselves in a variety of ways via dreams of visions etc.

The thing you have to figure out is what do these dream symbols and images mean to YOU. I once read something i think it was from a book on dreams by edgar cayce which stated that in interpreting your dreams whatever emotional meaning or feeling you ascribe tothe symbols in your dream are usually the right ones. Everyone sees things differently so it goes without saying that there is no universal meaning for dream symbols. To one person a fish could mean something religious and to another it could just be about fishing. It all goes with the connections you place with these symbols and images. Also keep in mind that your emotions connected with the aspects of your dreams are very very important. try to think about what is or was currently happening to you during this time and realize that most likely you are dreaming specific things and symbols regarding your current state of mind or emotional state and current affairs.
The thought that you dreamed about something regarding what would seem to be about a resistance movement doesnt necessarily mean that it isnt a warning about futuristic times and a coming event but dreams tend to be very personal and relate to something about you yourself.
Take away every complicated meaning and reduce it to the most simplistic possibility and you will more than likely find your answer. If you dont then perhaps your dream does have a prophetic meaning.
Keep in mind something else. If it is prophetic as a warning then find the meaning of the warning and dont concern yourself with direness of the events to come because they more than likely cannot be changed nor should they be. Prophetic signs are meant to serve as guidance and not a way to change the future.
Hope this helps some. I can relate one thing regarding dreams and my own personal experiences. I used to have dreams about the end of the world and death etc. I found out that death and the end of the world are common symbols when someone is going through change cause death represents for most people the ultimate change of life and the end of thier world not the real world yet this is how it is manifested emotionally in my mind. Once i realized that i was able to recognize the outside stimulus that was going on during the times i had these types of dreams.
Take care and happy dreaming

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I absolutely can (and did) accommodate and I appreciate you being honest. I find myself quickly disregarding similar posts since it seems like a lot to take in all smashed together like that. I hope my edited version will make it more readable... I am anxiously awaiting some kind of insight!

[edit on 27-5-2009 by azuriteskies]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and respond. I absolutely agree that how one person internalizes a dream's meaning is going to be different than another... A big reason why I have yet to take the myriad of dream interpretation books seriously. The symbols in the dream- the simplistic nature of it- are easy for me to understand. But the way it was PRESENTED I find odd. Maybe because this is my first lucid dream? And the fact that I was so confused between "now" and "later(?)" and how disturbing that was. How afraid I was to fall back asleep and find myself there again, hopeless and lost with nothing solid to hang onto. Hmmm.... now that I think about it, maybe that was the point.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by azuriteskies
reply to post by Amaterasu

I absolutely can (and did) accommodate and I appreciate you being honest. I find myself quickly disregarding similar posts since it seems like a lot to take in all smashed together like that. I hope my edited version will make it more readable... I am anxiously awaiting some kind of insight!

Thank you for that. It was much easier to approach.

As for your dream... It sounds like dreams that I used to have. I wish I could explain what the meaning is, but I never figured out what mine meant.

But I do think that you should keep it in mind and see if it relates to your world as it unfolds. This way, maybe the meaning will be made clear.

I wish you luck, and maybe there will be someone here with mose insight. Thank you for your story.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hey

interesting dream guess..

First it sounds like a OOBE. I had a similar once time (there i saw also native americans..they "put" me into that *hard to explaing..* "other dimension, and showed me things i needed to know) interesting also that i "safed" my little boy. it was nothing really dangerous, but i had a look at him. guess thats what a mother also do

I cant answer you question completly, cause to interprete a dream needs mostly a good knowing about that person.. many things which happen into the normal life can be shown in dreams.
There is one point in your dream where i am not shure what it means: the tatoo at the forehead of your husband. Thats make me thinking, cause i wrote a thread exactly about that subject soome weeks ago.

You should look at your dreams the next time, cause maybe you will have more of them. They sometimes come into "packages", means: not only one dream is given to you, there are more to explain you something you need to learn fast.

Excuse that i cant explain it better

Nia

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
simple:
this dream is about still being needed.
the house is you, the work downstairs..u don't need to answer but have you or your husband had a hysterectomy or tubes snipped? or somethign that would prevent u from more children, or making more making pregnancy difficult?

U told yourself this fear in your dream of not being needed as they are growing up so fast, the children are growing up before your eyes and u cant keep up
it happens to all lof us.
Re the bird tattoo, what bird was it? if an eagle it means idependaence, and the wings spread mean freedom also, birds are a reflection of spiritual communication, so the open wings over the mind (forehead) means you are both free to be honest with each other and self.
The man saying you are important is because you are

as a mum and his wife
Just you reassuring yourself. This same man telling your husband he is imporatn 'his story' is actually YOU, ur subconsciuos, just telling you his life 'story' is important in your world, just as you are you

Go enjoy them as they grow up fast and dont worry about this dream, it was a healthy way for your subconcious to tell u are needed and not to worry

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Powerful dream , more a vision..
Phoenix is a symbol of awareness, conscious which aligns with subconscious that becomes aligned with unconscious.
Down stairs is the base or existance / awarness of being.
Ever been told the truth that was proufound, you feel at first a shock and disorientated then after a while you have that deeper sense more inline..?
Truth aligns peoples minds, and it can be a rough ride..

But, your children will gain intelligence and find balance easier due to the truth and more love and understanding within humanity.
To become whole and Independent self assured, responsible based human beings for them as much as for the well being of humanity itself.

Truth has arrived and will unveil in due time, what will be left standing and what will fall will be ..

new topics

top topics

join