It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Obama Not supposed to be opening UFO Files by End May?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Yes he did say something along those lines. You are correct.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
O.K So who's going to be our "Joe the PLummer"? -we need a better name for him.

If OB 1 Said that on National news he's put his foot in it.?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cmazzagatti

What is with all this negativity about Obama's point of view? Why wouldn't he be interested in releasing that kind of information if the public is who he really had in mind? Having a mess of a country has nothing to do with it because if aliens are real and here, which logic tells me is at least a 50/50 chance, the technology we could access and evolve from them could help stabilize our world. Yes, he would care, and that's why he probably has no damn idea.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Honestly, May isn't over yet.

I doubt it will happen, but there still is a few days.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
X Conference 2009 - End of May Disclosure Ultimatum on UFO's

At the 4m 45 point

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
He for sure says that they have someone that has information to disclose and then goes onto say that there is a 50-50 chance that the French will disclose info.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The whole thing was 100% (and then some) speculation. That Obama would do something "really interesting" before his 100th day in office.

Quite how that ended up translating as us having disclosure by April 30th I'm unsure, but that's ATS for you.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
The whole thing was 100% (and then some) speculation. That Obama would do something "really interesting" before his 100th day in office.

Quite how that ended up translating as us having disclosure by April 30th I'm unsure, but that's ATS for you.

What are you talking about... it's not speculation, he's recorded on CNN saying it, and it's May 31st, we never even mentioned April.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
To me it sounded like they wanted to put a time frame on them but did not want to be too pushy by saying its exactly by the 100 day mark, so its 100 plus 30 or whenever it will suit them but don't leave it too late.

i Hope they at least do follow up and get another comment as to what they have decided to do and not just leave it hanging in the air......

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why is everyone relying on the government to disclose this information to us? Why when we have people everywhere, all over the world, do we need the government to tell us about ufo’s? Well I will tell you the answer to that question, it’s because despite the fact we have people covering the planet, and aircraft up in the air 24/7, nobody, and I mean nobody, has managed to back up this claim about UFO’s with any real evidence. Yes of course we have seen endless videos of lights in the sky, but I am not convinced by lights alone, if I was then I have got a UFO hovering from the roof in my house.

These people at this x conference really need to get a life; they bring nothing to the table with them but talk. Haven’t they ever heard of the saying “talk is cheap?” Go bring a bit of metal from the Roswell crash, or better still, an Alien head, toe or finger - Just bring anything with you, apart from those worn out words – WE ARE NOT ALONE.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by jackitin]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jackitin

There are many many UFO cases which conclusively show physical objects.. of course they are called UFO's because we dont know what they are,but there is no doubt they exist,whtehr they are alien,man made,natural phenomena nobody knows.My personal favourite are the 1942 battle of LA and the Belgium UFO sightings.Although i think me and alot of other people think the belgium UFO sightings is the infamous TR3B black project.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I would be very very surprised if obama releases anything.. we just keep waiting and waiting ... oh sharkbait i know a sharkbait.. are you tattoo artist sharkbait?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I say shame on the X-Conference fellows for continuing to 'hide' "proof" (assuming they have a 'smoking gun')

Honestly, think of their argument:

X Men - "Excuse me, Federal Governess?"
F.G. - "Yes?"
X Men - "We are mad that you have hidden the ETs! And we have proof that something is afoot! Now, we are going to hide this information...for now."

I swear, hypocricy at its finest...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Do you people honestly think that he has that authority to open files which only a handful of people in the world have access too ?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Obama never even hinted that he would do anything remotely close to disclosing information on UFOs. The so called deadline is not a deadline at all.

Rather it is a huge meme dreamed up from a video of Stephen Basset saying he would try and force some type of disclosure by May.

Just because Mr. Bassett says he's going to try and force it, doesn't mean it has even been discussed or is even 'on the table' as a cabinet issue in the Whitehouse.

P.s. Good luck to Paradigm.

P.P.S. Did you read any of the threads that stated that disclosure was going to happen on the HISTORY channel on may 25th!? This is an example of people creating a deadline out of what another man said. There is no deadline.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by bloodline]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think people are being overly simplistic with their analysis of Bassett's comment. I'll quote Stephen word for word,

If it does not disclose, by the end of ... May. This is not a threat. It's just a statement. You don't threaten the United States government they're heavily armed. But first hundred days plus 30, because I have to admit this gentleman came in to a rather extensive array of very profound problems. So we’re providing an additional 30 days.

If disclosure has not taken place, PRG has enormous, has a substantial network, and, and quite a bit of documentary evidence, uh connected to this, particularly politically, particularly to the Rockefeller Initiative and Clinton Administration and we are going to be extensively putting that out to the media. And, we’re just going to make it as difficult for them as possible. We don’t want to. But sometimes that’s necessary.

Notice he's not saying he has smoking gun evidence. Rather Stephen is insinuating he'll go out of his way to publicly call out John Podesta and Clinton, since both have spent considerable time and effort investigating governmental involvement into the UFO phenomenon.

Frankly it's a good strategy. If Bassett makes it a point to present them as kooks it forces the Obama administration to either disown them or make a stand and validate their position.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Threatening a 30 days ultimatum to disclose ufos was kind of a stupid move from Bassett. What the hell was he thinking?

The "Obama effect" probably got the best of him but realistically, no disclosure of that sort can be made casually.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Exv8densez]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Disclosure day #1,822 come and gone. Bring on #1,823 to be announced this week.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
Frankly it's a good strategy. If Bassett makes it a point to present them as kooks it forces the Obama administration to either disown them or make a stand and validate their position

Hi Xtraeme, thanks for the extra detail.

But the kinda thing you're suggesting requires media exposure and non stop focus, which is something that the entire ufo subject and it's whole community severely lack.

Bassett will not be able to do anything, I wish he could, but he can't.

Ufology needs credibility, James Fox is the man for that in my opinion. His new film will change the way many people see ufos, particularly the media, he's been working so hard on his new production. Let's hope for the best.

Regards,

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
But the kinda thing you're suggesting requires media exposure and non stop focus, which is something that the entire ufo subject and it's whole community severely lack.

Bassett will not be able to do anything, I wish he could, but he can't.

Well I will say this for Bassett, he did manage to get CNN coverage at the X-Conference and a few weeks later a NY Times article seriously discussing "spaceships" and "extraterrestrial vehicles" as a means to help solve our climate and energy problems.

Ufology needs credibility, James Fox is the man for that in my opinion. His new film will change the way many people see ufos, particularly the media, he's been working so hard on his new production. Let's hope for the best.

I like James a lot. However for credibility I look to names like Leslie Kean, Michael Swords, Brad Sparks, James McDonald, Bruce Maccabee and people who are interested in the science and documentation of the thing rather than the media limelight. But that's just me as a nerd wanting nuts and bolts analysis rather than nebulous political posturing on subjects we're not totally certain about.

Granted if it was just geeks looking into this we'd never get serious government involvement. So good on Bassett and Fox for doing whatever they can to score points for the cause

Cheerio,

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Xtraeme]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join