It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to ignite all-out regional war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

www.presstv.ir

The nationwide exercise "Turning Point 3" will begin on May 31 and will last five days, Ynetnews reported.

During the drill, Israeli forces and civilians will exercise a war against Hamas, Hezbollah, Syria and Iran and will also practice counterinsurgency tactics against Israeli Arabs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is adding more fuel to the fire! These military "exercises" are not in the BEST interest of Israel's people or the surrounding nations.

How is this going to go over well? What is it going to solve? This is just a bullying move from Israel's leaders, thats going to have a negative outcome.

My heart goes out to those innocent that are being caught in this ridiculous power war.

www.presstv.ir

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a well placed meteorite would come in handy

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWash

www.presstv.ir

The nationwide exercise "Turning Point 3" will begin on May 31 and will last five days, Ynetnews reported.

During the drill, Israeli forces and civilians will exercise a war against Hamas, Hezbollah, Syria and Iran and will also practice counterinsurgency tactics against Israeli Arabs.

If this is true you got to hand it to the Israeli's for having a pair. My bet is everyone they attack bows down under pressure.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How does an exercise that lasts 5 days going to turn into an all out regional war? PRESSTV is notorious for reporting crap and this just sounds like more of the same.

www.presstv.ir

[edit on 25-5-2009 by princeofpeace]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well considering they do drills all the time for different scenarios and this is an article coming from PressTv which is Iranian government owned and ran. So yeah this is more fearmongering on Iran's part. It's called always be prepared, the Boy Scout motto otherwise known as.
I am quite sure that practicing to defend oneself is quite in the best interests of the Israeli people, so you certainly cannot say that. As for the surrounding nations, this is an exercise not an actual engagement.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

No more than the MSM in the west.

A simple matter of perspective and realising that ALL mainstream news agencies, in whatever country, are as bad as each other.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

lol. If you don't have em' - grow em'.

Regrettably these drills are gonna spark mass havoc. This may get uglier, especially due to N.Korea's defiance to the U.N.

Just look at Iran's chain of allies... And take a look at Israel's chain of allies. Sooner or later something has to give. It's sad but true.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Exactly! Defense exercise are standard operations, often involving
more than one country. That's like saying our navy will touch off the Gulf region by working a Gulf terrorism scenario.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
No. MUCH more so than the MSM. Sorry dude but PRESSTV is crap. They post tons of predictions that just dont come true and are completely outlandish. Think "National Enquirer" and you have an idea of what PRESSTV is about. Its freakin tabloid quality.

Originally posted by budski

No more than the MSM in the west.

A simple matter of perspective and realising that ALL mainstream news agencies, in whatever country, are as bad as each other.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I disagree - it's no worse than the western MSM.

Just because its politics and perspective may be offensive to some doesn't put it on a par with the Enquirer.

How much of this did you read in the MSM?

I'll refer to my earlier point - it's a matter of perspective...

How 'bout them WMDs that Saddam had...

Remember the way the western press forced that down our throats?

There are countless other examples...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
How about the countless examples of complete falsehoods reported by PRESSTV? I mean there was the artcile about Hezbollah immenintly attacking Israel on Feb 12th (obviously didnt come true), Israel attacking Iran (multiple dates and again obviously didnt come true). The ONLY thing you can believe from PRESSTV are news that have already happened. Their "predictions" are horrible and predicated on falsehoods. I have yet to see ONE thing PRESSTV has predicted come true.

They should stick with reporting news and not trying to predict it because they fail, and fail miserably i might add. They make DEBKA look credible andf the MSM look like the written gospel.

PRESSTV: How about report the news and not try to predict it?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

IMO that is a little bit of a blinkered view.

Again, we could say the same thing about the westerm MSM.

But stand by your view by all means.

I prefer to look at the bigger picture as far as mainstream news sources are concerned.

But I do understand why you might not want to.

Back to the OP...

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Israel was planning an offensive...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash
[more

At least they not shooting missiles or setting off nuclear Bombs to show strength.

In fact maybe they should shoot a Missile right over the top of Iran to make a real Point.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I cannot WAIT for this battle to get over with so I can watch some cool movies and HBO series about it and play video games based off it.

WOOT!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There are a lot of rumblings coming out of Lebanon right now regarding Israel.

Heertz is reporting today that Hezbollah might attack Israel to deflect inquiries being conducted in Lebanon over fresh accusations that it was Hezbollah that killed former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.

Hezbollah could strike Israel to divert Hariri probe ATS Thread

Meanwhile the Daily Star out of Lebanon says...

BEIRUT: General Jean Kahwaji called on the Lebanese Army to remain vigilant in the face of continuing Israeli threats in a Saturday address commemorating the ninth anniversary of the liberation of the south. The Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF) commander lauded the efforts and sacrifices of the army, Hizbullah fighters and civilians in liberating large swathes of southern Lebanon occupied by Israel for more than two decades.

The Daily Star

Israel is publicly stating it will not attack Iran until Washington has a chance to try diplomacy with Tehran.

They might be just more interested in seeing how the Iranian elections in early June turn out though and are not wanting to say anything in case it strengthens the current Iranian President's reelection bid.

There is a good chance based on what's coming out of Tel Aviv and Beirut though that Israel is eyeing a preemptive move against Hezbollah on their Northern Border to limit any possible reprisals from Hezbollah if Israel attacks Iran.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This is adding more fuel to the fire! These military "exercises" are not in the BEST interest of Israel's people or the surrounding nations.

How is this going to go over well? What is it going to solve? This is just a bullying move from Israel's leaders, thats going to have a negative outcome.

My heart goes out to those innocent that are being caught in this ridiculous power war.

www.presstv.ir

How is this exercise not in the best interest of Israeli citizens? Who are you to determine what is and isn't in the best interests of a certain country and it's people?
This is an exercise that will prepare the armed forces, and the people, for such an event as a war on multiple fronts.
Israel has been attacked by its neighbours before, so why isn't it in the best interest of the Israeli citizens to be prepared for such scenarios?

How is this adding more fuel to the fire(what fire?), and how is it bullying by Israel?

It is an exercise conducted WITHIN THE BORDERS OF ISRAEL.

It's funny how every time Israel has exercises, a whole bunch of people on ATS go berserk claiming how Israel will start a regional war or WW3 and how wrong it is for Israel to hold exercises. But there is barely any mention from these people on Iranian exercises.

If Israel were to develop an attack helicopter or fighter jet, there'd be the same nonsense being posted. But Iran has done both those things(all be it reverse engineered outdated western tech now), but not a peep from some of you.

Amazing, simply amazing.

top topics

join