It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 51 percent of Israelis want immediate attack on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Poll: 51 percent of Israelis want immediate attack on Iran

rawstory.com

Just over half of Israelis back an immediate attack on the nuclear facilities of arch-foe Iran but the rest want to wait and see the results of US diplomacy, according to a poll released on Sunday.

Fifty-one percent support an immediate Israeli strike on Iran’s nuclear sites, while 49 percent believe the Jewish state should await the outcome of efforts by the US administration to engage with the Islamic republic, said the survey published by Tel Aviv University.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com...
www.haaretz.com...

[edit on Sun May 24th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Opinion is split among left- and right-wingers about whether to attack Iran’s nuclear sites, with 63 percent of those leaning to the right favoring a strike, compared with 38 percent of those leaning to the left, the poll said.

It was carried out by Tel Aviv University’s Centre for Iranian Studies among 509 Israeli adults and had a 4.5-percent margin of error.

Troubling results indeed, because this means that an attack on Iran would have considerable public support.

I'd be curious to know what the same poll numbers on a larger scale would be for the same question in the US.

You think 50 or more percent would favor an immediate strike on Iran by either the US or Israel?

It's hard to believe that that many people in Israel would risk the potential catastrophe that attacking Iran will bring with or without US support!

I wonder if a poll of Iran people would favor an immediate attack on Israel? What, you think that's all they live for is to destroy Israel? Iran is a beautiful country itself, as shown by threads right here on ATS in the past. You think those people want nuclear bombs dropped on themselves?

The media sure has done its "job" of vilifying Iran despite any real evidence suggesting Iran has a nuclear weapons program in progress and are seeking the bomb.

I'd be amazed if those numbers turned out anywhere near 50% in the US for the same question, considering the mess we are already in over there in the middle east. I'd venture the numbers would be similar to the polls showing that most people in the US want out of the wars and our troops brought home.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Sun May 24th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
No comment.

10.61% google.com
8.96% huffingtonpost.com
6.66% yahoo.com
6.16% digg.com
3.81% reddit.com
2.93% facebook.com
2.54% cnn.com
2.13% nytimes.com
1.58% msn.com
1.49% youtube.com

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Another recent poll:

Poll: 66% of Israeli Jews back attack on Iran

www.haaretz.com...

A large majority of Israeli Jews support military action aimed at destroying Iran's nuclear facilities, according to a survey sponsored by the Anti-Defamation League.

According to the poll, co-sponsored by the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies at Bar-Ilan University, a large majority of those who support a move by the army said they would maintain their support even if the Obama administration opposed it.

An overwhelming majority also said they believed close relations with the United States were essential for ensuring Israel's security. The survey, administered by the Maagar Mochot research institute, involved 610 respondents, constituting a representative sample of Israeli Jews over the age of 18.

Asked about military action against Iran, 66 percent said they approved of it, 15 percent said they were opposed and 19 percent said they did not know. Among those who said they approved army action, 15 percent said they would change their minds if the United States opposed it, while 75 percent said they would not. The rest said they did not know or gave other answers.

This has to be somewhat troubling to the Obama administration. Recently, Obama warned Israeli not to surprise us with an Iranian attack. But that may have just been public cover.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

It was carried out by Tel Aviv University’s Centre for Iranian Studies among 509 Israeli adults and had a 4.5-percent margin of error.

Uh huh. 509 polled out of 6 million. You know what Homer said about statistics? "Oh Kent, anyone can quote statistics. 18.6% of people know this." Trusting Israeli sources is not advisable. Sounds like propaganda to me. I've been doing a lot of research on this issue and Israeli's are sick of this as much as the rest of us. Their damn gov't is a cantankerous lot though.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Trusting Israeli sources is not advisable. Sounds like propaganda to me.

Well normally I would agree for sure. In fact just recently in another thread I said the same exact thing.

But check out the difference between the university poll and the other poll I just posted above. 51% and 66% respectively.

So what, you think the numbers are more like 20% or less?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well I know of at least one person who would like to see an immediate attack on Iran. That one person would be me!!! Actually I know of many people who demand that it happens soon, but I won't speak for them here.

Regarding Israel being destroyed by Iran is just laughable. The ability of Israel to defend itself from Missiles is almost as great as our own. Militarily Iran is a joke. They have the exact weapons the United States and our alleys easily destroyed in both Gulf Wars. That old tired Russian equipment is laughable indeed.
Besides it was said Syria had the second best anti-air platform in the Russian military arsenal and the Israelis destroyed the Syrian nuclear reactor site while those at that anti-air defense system demanded that could not be true. Well we all now know it was in fact true, and that that anti-missile defense system was easily defeated.

I don't have a problem with the Iranian people, however I have a major problem with the Iranian government and a nuclear Iran, who just happens to openly state they support terrorist actions. Besides, all this talk about what might happen, when we all know its coming if Iran continues to play hardball, is just silly. Benjamin Netanyahu was not re-elected PM because he said he would talk to Iran. I'm just sayin!

God Speed Israel, God Speed!

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 24-5-2009 by littlebunny]

Ex

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!
Another premptive war, to stop a war from happening!!

Our Great Civilized, Big Brain
At The Top Of The Food Chain Reasoning At Work..........

Heaven help us!!!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is certainly a troubling thing. The Israeli Government just seems bound and determined to keep this rather violent and murderous desire of theirs front and center.

Are they trying to garner support by providing an illusion of it to get the lemmings to bolster the 51%?

Are they just doing their part to keep oil speculators buying long instead of short?

Or are they simply attention whores who just can’t stand it when everything in the world is not about them?

I would love to see a fair and accurate poll conducted on how many American Citizens would like to attack Israel?

Bet you won’t see that one conducted by Gallop anytime soon, or any media outlet wanting to publish the results!

It’s the dessert sun, they need bigger hats!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Indeed , the back links to all polls conducted have one common source, oh wait there all originating from M.E. sites and sites within the U.S. *WHO* do have the same common site and off shore account.

For a nation who has boasted its self on propaganda and security, well lets say you're worse than swiss cheese. Get real mo54d. We did invite you to collaborate but you chose your own agenda, well this is what you get when you decide to bite that hand that feeds you.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

It is not surprising that Israeli's have such notions. They are bombarded by the propaganda of their nation. The same thing happened in the US leading up to Iraq.

It is called politics. As a politician, you just have to paint the right picture to rally public support for what you want.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Indeed and "WE" have done an excellent job so far, we are not concerned with how many raise their voice's or post blogs or interact with forums or trace ip's , we have succeeded in what was once conceived as fiction. To think that we were once geeks or "nerds"

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I would love to see a fair and accurate poll conducted on how many American Citizens would like to attack Israel?

If Israel attacks Iran, I'll be on that list in the "in favor of" column.

If the US/Israel attack Iran, you can add my name to the list of people in favor of Russia/China obliterating Washington, DC.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
After the developments of today in Korea they might get their wish. If the international response to NK is weak they may see themselves as bound to proced with this plan of attack.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I will bet you anything you would like, its purely fiction. This has nothing to do with Israel. If a regional confrontation is to occur it will be on a limited scale and you will see the two super powers intervene once their agreements have been met. Apart from that, i would not worry about any world global conflict as it has not been agreed upon.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I was in israel afew years back, i didnt see much Israelis tho just white middle class americans whos ethnicity definitely looked Caucasian. I wonder if thats who thay ment when thay said Israelis

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm just glad 49% are sane.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
'We won't attack Iran before year's end'

www.jpost.com...

During his meeting with US President Barack Obama on Monday, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu made a commitment that Israel would not attack Iran at least until the end of the year and would not disturb Washington's plans for dialogue with Teheran over its nuclear program in any way, Channel 2 reported on Tuesday.

Also according to the report, Obama said that in three months - not the previously reported six - he would reassess his attempts at dialogue with the Islamic republic.

The two sides decided to set up intimate US-Israeli strategic teams to coordinate moves vis a vis the Iranian issue, continued the report.

However, quoting a top Jerusalem official, Channel 10 said that Israel was concerned that after realizing that his attempts at dialogue with Iran had failed, Obama would refuse to acknowledge it, and that Israel would then be left alone to deal with the threat posed by Teheran and would need "to make a tough decision."

Even if Israel does attack Iran, they will only succeed in kickstarting or reinvigorating Iran's desire to possess nuclear weapons. At current they will only cause a setback to Iran's civil nuclear energy program, and triple infuriate Muslims all over the world. I don't see how any good whatsoever can come from this, and at worst they could ignite a world war.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by candy coated clown

Those are the modern "jews". Not many of them truly related to the jews that wandered the desert. Most of these jews owe their roots to an Armenian history, i believe.

The biblical Jews, i believe, are now the Palestinians. I could be wrong (and if i am, i am sure that someone will come by to dispel my ignorance soon enough).

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

yaa i know , i wonder if i change my religion to greek orthodox dose that make my motherland and home greece and i can have a vote in a poll to bomb greeces neighbours lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join