It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 51 percent of Israelis want immediate attack on Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by candy coated clown

no. but if you move to Greece and gain citizenship via their legally authorized methods it certainly would.

not gonna say if i agree with Israel, or its founding.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I guess that would only spark the powder cake within the Balkans. Given that Greece was officially considered a rogue nation, but yet has nuclear armament under NATO jurisdiction, which creates a headache amongst the superficial nations and politics who manipulate their citizens into believing a particular nation is hell bent on war based on retaliation.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Israel will not attack until after the Iranian Elections on June 12th. Depending on who gets into power could effect this whole issue of attacking iran.

So its a wait and see game.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I view most reports from Israeli press with a wary eye just like you, intrepid. However, here may be a light of hope from the JPost:

ElBaradei: Israel would be insane to attack Iran

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull

Israel would be "utterly insane" to attack Iran, outgoing International Atomic Energy Agency chief Mohamed ElBaradei said in an interview with German daily Der Spiegel Saturday.

"That would turn the region into one great fireball, and the Iranians would immediately begin building the bomb - with the support of the entire Islamic world."

In the interview, ElBaradei called on Teheran to take advantage of the US's newfound willingness to negotiate over the nuclear issue.

"I advise the [officials] I meet from Iran: seize the hand that Obama is offering you," he said.

ElBaradei, with whom Israel has had a rocky relationship, is stepping down after a 12-year tenure.

While Israel has taken no formal stance regarding who it would like to succeed ElBaradei, government sources in Jerusalem seem to be leaning towards the Japanese candidate, Yukiya Amano.

The 35 board-member nations of the International Atomic Energy Agency failed to elect a new agency chief in their first round of voting.

The race is important because ElBaradei's successor will influence how the world meets the nuclear challenges posed by extremists like Iran and Syria that are thought to be pursuing the bomb. Non-proliferation is the IAEA's most high-profile task.

The human cost alone from such an attack, depending on what weapons were used of course, could be catastrophic- much the same as it has already been in Iraq and Afghanistan. I urge readers to view this video of an Australian scientist discussing the matter in detail here:

Google Video Link

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

yaa i dont think greece has a subjugated native peoples hearded into gettos whos ancestors have lived on that land for 100's of years before them back when there ancestors comprised of serfs, slaves, peasants from europe with norsk, germanic, celtic and saxon DNA markers. I wonder how there genetic four fathers would actually feel about that. lol

[edit on 25-5-2009 by candy coated clown]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

What many people fail to understand is that Europe and its core of human beings is not composed or restricted to borders. This is a fundamental issue when referring to which ever nation either BC or AD. When you overcome those foundations of a nation or its inhabitants as a restricted entity within a guideline will you begin to understand that human evolution was not derived by nationality but rather from knowledge.

This has been the core problem for the human evolution on a planetary scale.

This is and has and will be the primary distinction of war and peace.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

sure the genetically foreign inhabitants of iserial are showing there human evolution and knowledge to the palestine natives all the time. Thay seem to fail to understand why there pushed into gettos there houses bulldozed
against international law. Thats a "planetary law" There human rights disregarded there power, sewage, and water turned off, hereded like cattle and prisoners in the very land of there fathers ,grandfathers and great great grandfathers. I think all them dead and starving innocent children going without medical aid might have something to do with the primary distinction of war and peace.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by candy coated clown
reply to post by tristar

sure the genetically foreign inhabitants of iserial are showing there human evolution and knowledge to the palestine natives all the time. Thay seem to fail to understand why there pushed into gettos there houses bulldozed
against international law. Thats a "planetary law" There human rights disregarded there power, sewage, and water turned off, hereded like cattle and prisoners in the very land of there fathers ,grandfathers and great great grandfathers. I think all them dead and starving innocent children going without medical aid might have something to do with the primary distinction of war and peace.

I do understand your concern and do acknowledge the injustice upon a nation who has been struggling to establish itself as a country. There are many issues revolving around Israel and Palestine, however, they have no ability to enforce what the actual people who go about their daily lives and pay taxes has on their nations outcome.

Keep in mind and unfortunately that freedom is not given but fought for, this has been the primary distinction amongst all former and current nations. No one has ever said that life is fair but almost everyone has said the freedom is worth dying for. Israel is and has and will be in direct breach of international law and the same applies to the Palestine's.

I can assure you that if you were to take 100 citizens from each nation and asked them simple question as to how would you like to retire at an older age you would find that we all have the same idea as a resting place.

Peace.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I sure hope that doesnt happen.............

I think that would lead us into a world war.

By the way: does anyone know a forum that helps newcomers?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

If the US/Israel attack Iran, you can add my name to the list of people in favor of Russia/China obliterating Washington, DC.

Right now I don't know which is more ridiculous, this statement of yours that I just quoted, or your name!

A trueamerican... in relation to your statement above, I have zero idea what that means.

--Charles Marcello
(walks away from that nonsense shaking his head)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Any attack on Iran is likely to draw retaliation from Russia.
This could easily escalate into a world wide nuclear war, resulting in a nuclear winter which could cause the extinction of humanity.

Deferring to the principle of pre-emptive war held dear by both Israel and the USA, I suggest that any country thus endangering the survival of humanity should be nuked out of existence before it can start.

(This, by the way, is not a serious suggestion. It's merely an example illustrating the horror to which the principle of first strike can lead.)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebunny

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

If the US/Israel attack Iran, you can add my name to the list of people in favor of Russia/China obliterating Washington, DC.

Right now I don't know which is more ridiculous, this statement of yours that I just quoted, or your name!

A trueamerican... in relation to your statement above, I have zero idea what that means.

--Charles Marcello
(walks away from that nonsense shaking his head)

My name came from the headstock of my Guild "True American" series acoustic guitar. People continually try to associate my name with my ideas, and they are mistaken in doing so. I consider myself a staunch supporter of the constitution, civil liberties, justice for all, and war as only a last resort- not a means for political gain. But this just happens to coincide with what one may conceive of in the phrase "True American." In reality there is no such thing, except maybe for the Native American Indian.

And my statement above is a last desperate attempt to stop this evil government and its minions from igniting a world war that will make all other previous wars on this planet obsolete in both history and remembrance. It is extreme, yes. But not nearly as extreme as the malice the US government has already brought to bear, across multiple administrations, on the rest of the planet.

Therefore I am at the point where the "collateral damage" of such an attack on Washington DC to eliminate the evildoers would be just as acceptable, if not more so, than the collateral damage already inflicted upon millions of innocent people across this planet. At least the root causes of such an attack would be more justifiable than the mere monetary and political gains that current government uses as a basis to end the lives of so many innocent- and then write it off as "collateral damage."

They want to justify collateral damage? Then let's see how they feel about it in their own back yard.

THAT is my basis, along with the fact that greed and pure evil have infested our system to the point of this necessity, to make such a statement. And there is more, so much more. I just don't have much time anymore for siwwy, or little, or ignowant, wabbits.

[edit on Mon May 25th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join