It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel sorry for Generation Y

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've been telling my family for months now how I feel bad for the kids growing up in this time, and what's happening and going to happen. Being 41, I had a great youth and grew up in a relatively decent and stable society. People generally were more trustworthy and decent overall. Seem like society has been in steady decay for a quarter century now - political, economic, and social. There are neighbors of mine who have two young girls, both on cocktails of psych meds (anti-depression drugs, sleeping pills, etc.), are somewhat uncontrollable, and spoiled rotten (even now as money is getting very tight for them). If we don't stabilize society very soon (globally too), I can't see these kids having anything near a decent and secure future. In fact, if trends continue, I can't see them having anthing other than a miserable life similar to those subsisting in Third World countries. It's as if the clock is ticking faster and faster and little or nothing is being done to stop the inevitable. Too much ignorance and self interest that has to end or we'll do ourselves in. What does it take for people to change?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I was born in 1990, I would be considered a part of this generation, right?

<< 1  2   >>

join