It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your true, real life ghost stories, a thread for you to read on a slow conspiracy day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Okay, I thought it would be cool to have a continuous supply of ghost stories for ATS'ers to read on slow news days. Try to keep comments to a minimum (so that it is just scary ghost story after scary ghost story!), and try to relate first hand experiences or at least accounts that you know are true, or at least the person telling the story to you is trustworthy.

So here goes:

When I was a child my aunt and her two young children lived in a flat in South London. We used to visit quite often as my mother and that particular sister where very close.

I remember my aunt and mother one day in the bathroom, with their heads against the walls, listening to what was happening in the next door flat.

The design of the building meant that the bathroom of one flat was next to the bathroom in the adjacent flat. My mum told us to "shh and listen". But my sister, myself and two cousins heard not a peep so we went back to our toys in the lounge.

When my mum and aunt returned to the lounge we asked them what it was they heard, thy replied that they could hear children saying "Mummy help us, helps us mummy!", and the splashing of bath water. My aunt also added that she'd heard this before but every time she brought my uncle into the bathroom the children's voices stopped.

Thinking no more of this we left and went home. About a week later my mother got a phone call and I new something was wrong as she wen pale and sat down abruptly. I never did find out until years later (I was only ten at the time this all occured) that it was my aunt on the phone.

Apparently she had asked her neighbour about the noises she kept hearing and was given a shock. The family that lived there now had no children of their own. And they had only been in the flat a year, after it had become available when the previous tenant (a woman) had gone mad and drowned her two young children in the bath.

Thus explaining the sounds coming from the next door bathroom, and the fact that only mothers could hear the calling and splashing. My mum still gets shivers to this day when she thinks about it!

[edit on 24-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
When I was 15 years old, my cousin and I were at my house by ourselves playing some one on one basketball. We had just finished a game and came back into the house to grab a couple fo Coca-Cola's from the fridge and sat down at the dinner table to drink them.

So, nothing out of the ordinary until we had finished our drinks. We sat there for a moment, enjoying the air conditioning before heading back out, when we saw a rather strange sight.

My empty soda can began to move, slowly, deliberatly... writing my name in cursive in what seemed to be my EXACT handwriting. I backed away from the table and held my hands up to show my cousin I wasn't doing anything, and he did the same. The can continued to write.

Needless to say, both my cousin and I bolted out the garage door and stayed outside of the house until my Mother came home from work about 2 hours later.

We told her about it, and she listened and believed us (she has her own ghost stories), but after that we never saw anything remotely odd or paranormal at that house. It never gave either my Mother or myself a bad vibe, so I'm still not sure exactly what caused the incident.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
ill share two stories with you so more people can post theirs

this is direct off my threads so sorry if it doesnt sound right haha.

well this is my story in my old house i usually heard dishes being sorted at 12 at night when no one was at home. i also heard taps go on and off downstairs and i also saw a shadow ghost all in that one house. i recently moved to a new house and i was in my room near my bed and all of a sudden my remote control flew right off my bed (king size) and it was in the middle so i am clueless and quite scarred does anyone know how to get rid of this ghost or whatever it is please and i usually hear weird sounds at night no its not the wind or loose pipes or a common thing im quite scarred thank you for listening

another one is comming i just gotta find it hahaha

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
1. this incidence happened before i even knew about ghosts i was about 12 i was walking up to go to my room and there was a cupboard and this ghostly looking thing appeared it was just pitch black it wore one of those sherlock Holmes hats and big boots it had a coat it had no details just pitch black i researched about what i saw and amazed many other people had the same experience its called the shadow man or ghost

by the way when i saw it i felt a really evil vibe and i was dreading it everything was going slow so yeah

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If you were to drive out to "Counselor New Mexico" and turn north onto the dirt road 403 follow it north as it winds its way along the largo river you will eventually come to county road 532 (No sign makers just another dirt road) but you are at the mouth of Crow Canyon.... Crow Canyon is known for two things. first a man can stand at one end and miles away at the other end...another man can hear the first whisper... the second is late at night if its very , very quiet and you sit quietly...you can still here the echo's of people long dead and turned to dust...

Hey don't just take my word ...go try it...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

have you actually experienced this?
please write back thats crazy

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I grew up there... back then it was the old Bar B ranch and cattle company... as a kid we hunted up arrow heads and pot shards in the canyon... there's one place up there my dad took me too... something called a "Run"... basically the Anasazi people would heard dear and antelope then chase them off the end of this cliff... panicked the entire heard would simply run right off the end of a cliff and below the woman waited and would dress and skin them right there... if you dig a little you'll find lots of old dried bones at the base....

Oh yes I've been there took many of my friends too, one of those after a visit still wont talk to me some 30 years later... Oh yes its a real place with a 2,000 year old history

[edit on 24-5-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
How about a story you can sink your teeth into???

When I was a very young Marine after I finished boot camp there at MCRD San Diego, but before being sent to Advance Infantry training school at camp pendleton... I was assigned to stand guard at CCP Correctional Custody Platoon...
Basically where they locked up the kids who did something bad in boot camp and were being held before court marshal or discharge...

To Describe what the inside was like picture a long room with rows of bunk beds on either side bars on the windows and a single heavy steal door at one end. My job was to be locked in with those undesirables and make sure they didn't try to escape or set fire to the place, Hence the name (Fire Watch)...

February in southern Calif isn't very cold but on my third night I stood with my back against this old radiator type heater,,, I admit I was drowsy and doing the whole head nod thing...

But then I heard a noise I looked up and could have swore I saw someone or something running soundlessly along the back row of bunks... I must have spent an hour double checking and rechecking that everyone was there and no-one laying in wait to hit me on the head.... I wrote it off to my imagination....

Three days later... back I was leaning against that heater and when I opened my eyes there was a pair of shiny black DI shoes... standing right in front of me... Thinking I'd just been caught sleeping on duty I shook my hand and started to explain.... but on second glance no one was there after all... I swear that shock kept me up the rest of my time there at CCP... I never told a living soul what I'd seen...

Several years later I would be back at MCRD and as I sat chatting with other NCO's I said, "Yeah they once hand me stand Fire Watch in the old CCP building". without any prompting one of the Sergeants at my table turned white as a sheet and in a shaky voiced asked, "Did you see the ghosts too"?

Never learned who those ghosts were supposed to be but I leaned others had seen the very same things I had for decades... they all said the same thing too, No one ever sleeps while on Fire Watch in CCP... ever!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Another very strange occurence... or recurrence, I should say.

In 1994, when I was 16, a close friend of mine committed suicide.
I was shocked, and even to this day deeply saddened by his loss.

He was Native American, a member of the Creek tribe in southern Alabama. I knew his beliefs were that of his ancestors, and that his 'spirit totem' was a red-tailed hawk.

"Spirit totem", is I understand it, was the creature that the person would return to the land of the living as.

Anyways, I attended his wake, but did not attend his funeral. My friend was a very quiet, introverted person who rarely spoke other than to me and few of his other friends. He as a very nice person, but not outgoing whatsoever. I remember seeing many, many of my classmates who knew nothing about my friend taking time away from school or going to 'counseling' to get out of class, using the tragic death of my friend for what I percieved as their own greedy purposes. So I made the choice to 'boycott' his funeral, out of respect for the person I knew and respected.

The Sunday after his funeral, I spoke with a close friend and fellow church member who had attended the funeral. She told me the details, and then told me that she had noticed a red-tailed hawk circling the ceremony for its 15 minute duration. I thought that to be a rather nice coincidence and figured my friend would have enjoyed that.

A few months later, during deer hunting season, as I sat by myself in a tree stand over a food plot with my rifle, I looked up to see a red-tailed hawk circling overhead. I will filled with a sense of unease, but brushed it off as mere coincidence. It stayed over me until my Father arrived at the plot to pick me up, then it flew away, to the south.

Ever since then, if I am by myself in a remote location, a red-tailed hawk is most assuredly circling over me.

On a road trip from Pensacola, FL, to Jacksonville, FL., in 2000? Check.

On another long drive from lower Alabama to Denver, CO, in 2004? Check.

On a mission in the wilds of Africa in 2006 and 2007? Check.

I've never felt a sense of peace or relief in seeing the hawk. It always reminds me of my friend, and that does bring good memories, but also the memories of his tragic, avoidable death and the fact that I purposely chose to not attend his funeral.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

This is a second hand account, but it has been verified by me and I will tell you why.
While we were living in Philadelphia, my hubby, me, and our three kids; His daughter from a prior relationship came to live with us. She was 15 at the time I beleive. Anyhow, We had football and cheerleading at the same field for several hours and My stepdaughter tagged along for awhile but she got really bore so she walked out to the local busstop and caught a bus back to our residence. She then proceeded to go upstairs to her father and my room to play on the computer. So she's online chatiing or what not when she here's click click click...like the sound a person makes whes they put their tongue to the roof of the mouth and suck and realese it. Now mind you, my the bedroom she was in was at the end of the hall to the stairs a straight line to see down and the comp desk faced the hallway, so when you used the comp. your back was to our bedroom door and hallway beyond the door. she swivels in the chair to see nothing is down the hallway. So she returns to her chatting and here's it again...click click click...and she turns to see nobody down the hallway...she decides to close the bedroom door, tightly...anyway she returns to the chatting and yet again here's the same sound...mind you, the whole time the noise is made there's no ther noise no footsteps, running or anything... well she turns around and the door is ajar though not completely and so she goes alll through the house(Mind you every time someone walks the floors will creak, the stairs, they creek... anyway she sees that we are not in the house as she suspected that my children were messing with her, she goes back into the bedroom and closes the bedroom door yet again... and then goes back to chatting. next thing you know, she feels a hand on her shoulder and she slowly turn to see that the door has again opened and there stands a little 8 yr old girl in a white dress smiling at her and the girl had these big blue eyes, but as she was staring into them curiously, they turned a blood red, well needless to say she bolted from the chair and ran out of the house. There she stood and looked up at my bedroom window and she sees this tiny hand waving to her from the window. She sits down and starts crying covering her eyes, until I get home with my children and see her and ask wth happened she relays this story to me. I beleived it and later got proof... While I was laying on my couch downstairs(from being afraid to stay in the bedroom after that story) I was laying with my back to the open living room, something grabbed my shoulder and shook me as if to wake me up, I heard no footsteps or creeking of the stairs(you could look up the staircase from my couch which is what I did first so as to catch someone sneaking away up the stairs...NOBODY WAS THERE...so I get up and check all the downstairs and basement and nobody's there!!!! I went upstairs and ask everyone who did it, they all denied doing it. So it was my stepdaughter's ghost friend that could be the only explanation!!!! Thank God it's attached to her, it left when she did and she still has odd things happen to her wherever she goes.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok well more of a list of thing's than stories so here goes.

Heard my name called to me in a women's voice.

Saw a paper bag move around on the floor.

The kettle turned itself on.

Heard the laptop open it's self up power up for a few minutes then it powered it's self down again and the laptop was heard being closed.

Lot's of glasses breaking cracking in the cuboard.

Lot's of my sock's going missing along with small spoon's and falk's.

Girlfreind's knicker's going missing hahaha.

Strange humming sound at night time.

Small black volcanic stones falling onto the floor.

Coins just appearing from nowhere.

My two cat's being able to gain access and also leave the house whilst it's secured.

Various thing's moving around the house like door key's shoes ect.

The list goes on.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 24-5-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I attended a small college with lots of history....many of the buildings had varied uses in years past and were pressed into service as renovated classrooms or as office complexes for personnel. Our art dept shared an old general store building with the security guards' offices.

A fellow student and I had parked in back of the building and taken the walkway that skirted the security entrance on the side and ran around to a front entrance for the art dept. As we got out of the car, we could see one security vehicle in the side parking area.....

I noticed an older woman sitting in the car by herself, in the passenger's seat...she was dressed rather plainly and in a bit of an old-fashioned way. She had on a simple black or dark dress with a single strand of pearls at the neck, her white hair seemed to be curled slightly around her face, perhaps with a bun in the back. She seemed to look directly at me and smile....

It was a bit odd to see anyone other than the guards in the car.....especially an elderly woman sitting there alone.....My curiosity peaked, and I watched her as we approached the car, I only took my eyes off her to glance at my footing for a moment as the drive and sidewalk merged. I commented to my friend about the woman sitting there, left to apparently wait in the car....she responded with, "What woman?"

We were almost directly in front of the car, and when I glanced back up, the woman was gone.....!

Thinking that she might have 'fallen over' in the seat, that perhaps she was ill and the security guard had gone in to call for help, I stepped off the side walk and to the passenger door.....but she was not there. No one in the back seat either.....She had certainly not gotten out of the car, it had been in our sight the whole time.

My friend had not seen the woman.....and decided that I'd only seen a reflection of the trees in the windshield, ( but the reflections were only visible after we'd gotten directly in front of the car.) I shrugged it off and forgot about it until.....

I went to see my senior advisor ( for the first time ) a couple of weeks
later.....as I walked into the office, behind a table hung a portrait of the
school's founder.....as an older woman with her white hair in a soft bun with slight curls surrounding her pleasantly smiling face. She wore a plain black dress with a single strand of pearls at the neck! As the goose bumps ran down my back, I realized here was my woman in the car!

Years later I returned for some grad courses, and one was held in that very same 'general store' building......when another student and myself went to the basement to get some bags of clay mix, she chose the opportunity to share a ghost story of her own.....she had often heard footsteps in the building on late nights while working in her studio....alone in the building, with the doors locked, she had searched for an intruder, but found no one!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was 10, sleeping at my grandmas house on a spare rollaway cot in my uncle's room. The cot was situated in the room in such a way that it was facing the door, which was open. Outside the door was a long hallway which led to the dining room on the other side of the house.

It was 2am, I remember this exactly because my grandfather is a bit of a clock buff, and has a huge grandfather clock which dings out the time every hour. I was having trouble sleeping, nervous, because the next day my family and I would be getting on a plane and flying clear across the country to our new home in Alberta.

I witnessed, from the cot, out the door and across the hallway, a blue light appear on the wall, out of which stepped a figure, which turned to face me, then continued to walk toward the dining room.

That was it, there wasn't much more to it than that. A figure, which I took at the time to be the ghost of a dead person, perhaps a relative. If you had asked me then, I would have sworn that what I had seen was a ghost, and nothing could have possibly convinced me otherwise.

In the years since, I've come to think that perhaps what I had seen had been the product of an anxious, over-imaginative and tired mind. I was a kid, and it's been a number of years. I've managed to convince myself that it was a figment of my imagination.

I haven't witnessed anything even remotely supernatural since, which has fueled my skepticism. But my mind remains open all the same.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
When I was 10 I was in my nans one night with my cousin who lived with her. Anyway, it was around 1am and me and my cousin were "doing an all nighter" as we put it. Playing on games, sneeking downstairs raiding the fridge for snacks and such.

Now my nans house was built when I was 5, no-one had lived in there and my nan was the first person to move in. The day we went to see it, as we were leaving, my nan turned to the house walking away from it and in her exact words said "I cannot wait to.. what the... I don't remember seeing anything there". She was refering to the shadow in the window. Also my auntie, who is a drunk btw, was staying over. She was in my cousins room sleeping top and tails with my cousin. When she jolted up and ran out of the room. My cousin thought she went to be sick, turned out she had seen a figure looking over her.

OK back to my original story. We had just gone downstairs and my nan was sitting at the dining room table. I near pee'd myself there and then. She told us we should get to bed and stay there. So we grabbed some drinks and went up, past my nans bedroom... I noticed my nan was in bed. The hair on my neck stood up. I told my cousin and she freaked and locked the bedroom door.

Next morning, my mum and dad came to pick me up. They were sitting downstairs drinkin tea when I heard banging coming from my nans room. I flew downstairs and sat with my mum. She turned to my nan and went "Oh god it's back". My nan replied "I know. It walked past me when I was watching the tele". Then a figure sort of floated downstairs. When my dad went to look by the stairs nobody was there.

My nan still lives in that house today and has told me loads of things that she has seen in there. Over the years the sightings have died down of that shadow thing. But my grandad who didn't live with my nan died two years ago, when my nan seen a psychic she told her that she was talking to him. He told her he follows her around because he doesn't like the other two that are in there...

God-damn I hate that house.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hi Everyone. I recently might have had a paranormal experience.

On the 2oth of May 2009, at 12:41am I took a photo in a friends lounge room using my mobile phone in negative mode.

The reason I took a photo was because we were watching a movie which I was very bored with and about 15 minutes before it finished I was checking messages and the time on my phone. I then went to the camera and while messing around with that, I realised that my phone took pictures in negative shots.

I then took a photo of the tv, saved it and when looked at it there was a very tall human shaped figure standing in front of the wall close to the tv and audio/visual equipment.

I told my mate who was actually enjoying the movie and then I took 2 more photos, trying to capture the figure again. The 2nd was taken 15 seconds after the first, then the 3rd 25 seconds after the first.

These 2 photos showed what should have been there in the first photo: Part of the wall and 3 posters which were on the wall. The figure is also blocking some of the audio visual equipment.

I also took one the next morning at 10:30am, while sunlight was in the room showing a clearer picture of the wall and posters etc. The original photos were taken in a extremely dark room, with only a small light in another living room on at the time.

I have included some cropped and brightness, contrast and colour adjusted shots for you too look at.

My brother and some friends are currently working on the photos with to get better images, as I don't know much about photography and photo shop programs.

I am also going to get professionals to work on it.

I will post the best quality shots from them ASAP.

Hope to hear from some of you and your opinions, as I am normally very sceptical about "Ghost Photos" and even the existence of ghosts in general, but now I might be starting to change my opinion, as this photo is genuine and not a trick.

ANY QUESTION IS WELCOME
ALL CURRENT PHOTOS BELOW.

Cheers.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Skyline666]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Recently I have been haunted by something. Every night when I go outside first I get an overwhelming feeling that something is near me. I can actually feel it. Then I start to hear screeching from the tree area. At first I was like ok, it is my imagination. But to much has happened for it to be my imagination. For example last night when I went outside, the feeling was so bad that I felt something right behind and over top of me. When I started to go back to the door to go in, something touched my arm. It stayed there, the feeling from the touch so I know it never released me. When I got to the door, I was terrified. When I got inside and closed the door, I could feel what ever it was releasing me. Whatever it was and is, apparently it could not come in to the building. It really scares me because this has been going on for weeks. I have heard, felt and seen a lot over the past weeks, it is getting worse.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyorNot

Hi. This could be nothing, but it could also be something. Generally, I think spirits (nice ones), don't like to frighten you. This is frightening you.

Pease tell somebody about this, and ask for their help in looking into it
further. Sometimes you can tell them to "go away" as a great command, and they will. But enlist the help of someone, so you don't get as frightened, and also you will have some corroboration for what's happening.
Please keep us posted, okay?

Oh, to the OP, I love the thead! Love the ghosties! I will be back another time to tell you about my own experiences.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm back in this thread to tell a story that has happened in the last few days.

I work with my brother in law, about two years ago (actually just two years ago) his mother was ill and moved in with him and my Sister. Anyway she eventually recovered enough to move back into her own home.

Unfortunately, she took a turn for the worse and passed away suddenly, at home, perhaps two months after she lived at my sister's. A year later, at the time that his mother was living with them, my sister noticed that £5 in £1 coins was missing from a shelf in the kitchen. She asked my Bro-in-Law if she could have her money back, and he swore that he didn't take it. It was too high for my nephew to have touched it, but they searched high and low but to no avail!

Well they woke up the next morning to find the five coins, laid out on the breakfast table like this:

O O O O O

Thinking my Sister was playing tricks he confronted her, but she too swore blind that she had no idea how the coins got there!

That was last year, around this time.

Anyway, two days ago I came to work to find my bro-in-Law, a little pale and quiet. I enquired hat was wrong and he reminded of the £5 story from the year before. This time he said that my sister had left £3.80 on the microwave to pay the window cleaner, when she came to take it it wasn't there, once again she accused my Bro-in-law of the theft which was greeted with counter accusations of the same crime. They looked together as one, searching high and low, eventually giving up.

The next morning my Bro-in-Law was awoken by a scream, running downstairs into the kitchen he saw the reason. On the microwave, stacked in a neat pile was the £3.80, just where it should have been.

Now my Bro-in-law was devastated at the loss of his mum, and neither he nor my sister would play such a cruel practical joke.

Seems like Jan is back in the house, at the same time every year, playing a few practical jokes of her own!

All the best ATS!

top topics

join