It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life and what it is

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You are here for a reason and in order for me to do this post has a lot more to do with you than you think

leave your ego and emotions at the door please ; )

life is an answer to a question you are not asking but you are made from 2 things and require it as for it has to work

what is it humans ask? what do u want? answers to what?

You need to understand you ARE an answer AND you gift is the question

ask the right one be for its to late UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR ASKING

what is a question? why do you ask it?? did you ever stop to think you are the answer to the very question?

i made this post in order for some not all to get to grips with the role you play

LIFE IS NOT about you

never has never will be

get it?

i hope so for your sake

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think life is one super advanced first person massive multiplayer for our souls. We are here to learn from the every day lessons that are presented to us to further entropy. We can choose to resist what comes our way or accept what is and learn from it. Life becomes a lot easier when you stop fighting against the flow of the river and just lie back and enjoy the ride.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I believe my life is mostly about me, since it is indeed MY life. But, you know, i could be wrong, i have been before. Not often tho

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
I think life is one super advanced first person massive multiplayer for our souls. We are here to learn from the every day lessons that are presented to us to further entropy. We can choose to resist what comes our way or accept what is and learn from it. Life becomes a lot easier when you stop fighting against the flow of the river and just lie back and enjoy the ride.

I couldn't agree more!

I also believe that we do reincarnate but not as different people...that we in fact return each time as ourselves in parallel universes (I just made a response post about parallel universes in the grey area place over there).

It might sound crazy, but I think we are one big ball of energy sitting out there on a higher dimension and frequency and that big ball of energy feeds the countless incarnations of us while we're here in a physical realm experiencing the things that we can experience and learn from that we otherwise couldn't in our base level of energy form/spirit/light/etc...

I also believe that our baseline form feeds something greater like the "engine" that powers the whole shebang. That is why it's important to maintain a balance in our emotional state because the mind could very well be the link between body and spirit. Wait...let me rethink that...okay, then again, you cannot have a positive without a negative and a balance might indeed take us out of the useful loop all together because everything "out there" uses things based on positive or negative charges. Living a positive life can get you the good gigs in the end probably with your energy being more stable and preferred for use in the nice things like life, creation energy and all those things that are associated with light instead of feeding or fueling a big, dark, massive sucking black hole which destroys. Maintaining a balance probably gets you sent back here over and over again. Possible? Yes? No? Insane?

Edit:
Balanced spirit = return trips to gain knowledge and strengthen the ball of energy.

Negative spirit = your spirit energy being used or even CONSUMED in the maintenance of all things associated with destruction or bad.

Positive spirit = Your ultimate form being used for all things good, pertaining to light and creationism as opposed to destruction like the negative stuff would get you.

YAY!! I just enlightened myself with a new idea to look into! I love this site, y'all make me think

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Invisible Drone]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiConspirator

you and the role life plays is why this planet is not working

its not about YOU or ME its about the very thing that gave rise to you and me

do you understand?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I don't understand.

But I will listen if you can elaborate in a down to earth way.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by FX44rice]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Invisible Drone

Great news! Im glad this discussion sparked something inside of you. Isnt it great when you have that tiny though and something clicks inside of you that resonates with your whole body? I think that's what true knowledge is, something that resonates with you.

To the OP: When you say the world isn't working part of me agrees and part of me disagrees.

On one side you are correct, we can not sustain life on this planet living in our current system or model.

On the other side, the word working can have many meanings. I believe the universe is a lot more intelligent than we are and we are here to evolve spiritually. What if living in our current system is exactly the lessons we need to evolve? Maybe it is all "working" and we just don't know it. We can't label things as good or bad because you never know what they can lead to.

Trust in the universe and you will see that there is something bigger than whats going on right now.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

many peoeple think of life as them "life" is a function .. were? well not us.. we "beings" / "life"

are an answer to a question that is why we are all here

Do you see WE are 2 things

in order for the question be answred would require self replication of it

thats why you are it.. IT made u via question YOU are an ansewer but you also have the gift to question

to keep THE bigger question going

sorry if that was hard on your brain

but the lack of understand of the very question you ask is why im here

i hope you understand that

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Individually, we are insignificant

Divided, our existance is self-defeating

United, we lose individuality

It's a tough game to play

All that matters is that you play your best

And don't do things that impede others' right to enjoy the game

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

we are all in this

IT made you and me..

you are needed like the tree like the cat

its very very complex but so simple if you wish to see it

one tip

look in the mirror with your eyes closed...

thats infact wat you are : )

and were i am from and you

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I certainly love your posts Avenger, always an insightfull reply.

Perhaps I can elaborate on his thoughts.

WE are the answer to the question why.

We are two things, one is a body the other is a soul. What people forget is that WE are not our bodies. We are an entirely different creature in some other creature's body.

Life is merely a set of trials and tribulations. School for souls shall we say? Play the game well, learn alot and you win. Fail to do so and well, you get to play again.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

i like your post

understand also

you are an answer and in order for this race to undertand you you self are not asking

if you fail to understand the question

the result of this is Armageddon

and that is IT not asking YOU to give IT answers

but! i hope you will see this

and thank you for your kind words

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Statistically speaking, life should exist on other worlds besides our own.
To me, the purpose of life is to live. Plain and simple.
The accumulated experiences of innumerable lifeforms, adding to the overall consciousness of the universe.
If we would put aside our preconceived notions of what life is, we would then realize that not only is our very planet Earth alive, but so is the galaxy, and so is the universe.
Just because we are fleshy meat sacks, does not mean that all life must be the same as us. How remarkably, immature of us to assume that.
The overall notion that life must have a specific purpose, is flawed in my opinion.
Can it not simply be enough just to live.
Do animals contemplate the meaning of their existence, or are they content to just life their normal creature lives, with as little pain and suffering as possible?
To hunt/forage to eat, to reproduce, to exist.
Contradictory to my previous comments, perhaps given enough time and space, all creatures could evolve to become self aware and contemplate such things.
Perhaps that is the purpose of life.
To become self aware and commune with the universal consciousness.
What ever the modus operandi, rest assured simply living/surviving is part of the equation.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just posted this on one of my threads and thought it would be apt here as well.

"For starters the purpose of life is a relative thing. Your purpose might not be the same as other forms of life on this planet. For some life is about survival, for others it is about love etc etc the list goes on. The beauty is you have been given life and consciousness, the miracle of all miracles.

So when a people asks what is the purpose of life they would get closer to it if they first asked how do I find purpose in my life?

Life is like a seed which has the opportunity to flower and seed again into a great number of different futures. This is true progression. This holds purpose. "

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

how can the purpose of life be to live it when you do not even understand what life is?

Look around you

[edit on 23-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

how can the purpose of life be to live it when you do not even understand what life is?

Look around you

nobody here knows for certain what the true meaning of life is. and talking like you know the big secret Avenger is childish. all life is, is just one big theory, we can all act like we know why we are here and where we are going. the bottom line about life is just go out and enjoy it dont fill it with selfish and materialistic thoughts. care for your fellow being because we we are all equal in this world. so go make friends, laugh, love, care, and respect all other beings we interact with even down to the trees and flowers. and hopefully when we die its a miraculous expirience where all truths will be revealed to us and we will all be dumbfounded at how inconceivably amazing it is. god created us with a finite brain not capable of understanding him or his will. but there is the fact that we only use 10 percent of our brain functuns in our whole life. i wonder if theres a possible way to unlock the other 90 percent. then (possibly) questions like "what is life" would be much more easily understood.
(and maybe we wouldnt have so many closed minded people in the world who only care about curruption and greed).

[edit on 05/24/09 by I_EAT]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

Look around you

I don't think you have to understand life to live it. I live life to live it and question it, which gives me understanding.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCharisma

Exactly!!!

Originally posted by reticledc

Can it not simply be enough just to live.
Do animals contemplate the meaning of their existence, or are they content to just life their normal creature lives, with as little pain and suffering as possible?
To hunt/forage to eat, to reproduce, to exist.

Just another thought here.
Who says that the meaning of life has to be the same for every living creature?
Is it possible that it could be different for everyone?
What happens when people die? Others become aware of what "true" loss is.
Insight is gained in the process.
New perspectives are formed, and you often find people that have experienced death, now have a new understanding for what it is to be alive, and they live life to the fullest.
There is not a set rule for any creature in my opinion.
Animals are born and killed just as fast so that other animals can live.
Is the meaning of life the same for hunter as it is for prey?
I think not.

[edit on 24/5/2009 by reticledc]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by I_EAT

would it shock you if i did

what is the secret ?

first world in the sentance above is your answer my friend

the riddle is not so much of a riddle but a lack of understanding

i shall leave you to ponder

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

well you keep doing this whole mysterious thing if you have a theory as to what life REALLY is then share it dont just sit there like "neener neener neener i know and you dont" we are here to discuss not play mind games with other people. stop with the litttle riddles and supposedly what you call "hints" which are extremely lame (sorry). just share your thoughts because i know for a fact that you dont know 100 percent for a fact the real reason of life and the meaning of being here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join