It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Park plays high-pitch tone to discourage vandals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
anyone else's ears still have a physical response but not translate the sounds towards the bottom of the list? like erm, you can sense your ear drum tightening up and vibrating very rapidly but nothing else ? i would still be able to tell the sound was being played due to the physical response

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
We have them outside my shop it does reall **** you off when your walking home past them or at night just chilling with your friends.

Not all teenagers destory everything. with all the local parks and fields going to building sites and house ect. whats left other than the streets.

Why dont they just use a thing call the POLICE to do routine patroles and looks out for people doing the naughty stuff lol or is that too much work for them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
They are already using a 17khz, which only children can hear, in the hallways of a school in Indiana for crowd control. It is dubbed the "mosquito." As a mom with a high fucnctioning autistic daughter who is sensitive to sounds, I find this to be an outrage and grateful it is not happening in our school district.

See thread for the article.

High School Using 'Mosquito' 17 khz for Child Crowd Crontrol

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I started considering something after my little hearing test. What if my headphones simply can't reproduce those higher freqencies. I know most headphones are rated at ~20k for the top end, but I'm sure there is some level of decibel rolloff when approching those frequencies.

I used Sennheiser MX85s for my initial test. www.sennheiserusa.com...

They are rated at 21k for the top, but I can't find a chart showing the db response for them. The second test was with the laptop speakers themselves. I couldn't even hear 16k with them.

It looks like I'll have to keep trying to find other speakers to see if I can't hear the higher end or if I just don't have good enough equipment.

I would suggest using multiple playback sets for your tests.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I noticed a similar expierence when I tried it on my laptop vs my work computer

-E-

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
They are already using a 17khz, which only children can hear, in the hallways of a school in Indiana for crowd control. It is dubbed the "mosquito." As a mom with a high fucnctioning autistic daughter who is sensitive to sounds, I find this to be an outrage and grateful it is not happening in our school district.

See thread for the article.

I hope for your daughters well being. There is a picture ot he mosquito on the OP, as well as a link to the above thread in the "related threads" section.

-E-

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

I totally agree with you! Not just for children who are autistic but other children who are more sensitive to sound. When I first hear about this, I played the sound for my daughters. One said it was very annoying. The other said it was the worse sound she had ever heard and it HURT her head. If they played this in a school everyday, I'd consider it abuse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join