It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Steen (Tory MP): 'You're all just jealous'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Typical tory snob,and yes i know all of westminster is corrupt.But only a tory snob would come out and say this with no guilt or remorse as if he had some god given right to rape the tax payer.Most other MP's know they are lying,thieving scum so try and hide the fact from the public.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Typical tory snob,and yes i know all of westminster is corrupt.But only a tory snob would come out and say this with no guilt or remorse as if he had some god given right to rape the tax payer.Most other MP's know they are lying,thieving scum so try and hide the fact from the public.

Pointless trying to elevate the tories in this- there is really only one party (Labour/Tory)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Mr Malik told Sky News that he had acted within the rules and denied that his job was on the line.

He added: “I think this is a bit of a non-story to be honest.”

"He said: “I’m going one million per cent by the book. It’s a non-story in the sense that I could have been one of 500 MPs. I don’t know why the Telegraph focused on me. Of course I feel that my reputation is tarnished, but my integrity is intact. I’m not in it to make money, I’m here to make a difference.”

And what of the “£800 massage chair?” How did that fit in, he was politely asked by an interviewer. He replied: “You see, I’d have more respect for you if you were honest about the figures. You know full well it is £730.”

they are all as arrogant and detached as each other

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I heard about this blokes comments on Question Time on BBC1 last night. In fairness old "Save the Pound" Hague did say immediately the the comments were completely unacceptabele.

It just beggards belief though. If you're caught with your trousers round your ankles, you hold your hands up, apologise and resign. You dont start saying it's because the peasants are jealous. Idiot.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Well, from the evidence from the past few weeks the unfortunate fact is that it isn't just Tory snobs - it is practically ALL of them. This shouldn't be about partisan politics, this is about elected representatives of the people taking all they can get their hands on and then crying that "it was all within the rules".

How many of them did their job - representing the people - and asked whether the expenses system was fair? Yes, it takes a lot of moral courage to deny yourself a luxury for the sake of the people you represent but that should be the ethos of being an MP - acting on the behalf of the people rather than yourself.

I call it a luxury since, I am sure all the employees across the nation would agree that their expenses claims would be laughed out if they included new water heaters, roof repairs, housing etc. Hell, most of us wouldn't even get paid travelling time.

It all beggars belief. They have all brought shame upon our government system and yet they still cry that "it was all within the rules". The apologies aren't worth a damn - would it make you feel any better if a mugger took your wallet but then apologised as he absconded? "Ahh, fair dues mate, you nicked £200 quid but at least you said sorry". Yeah, so how much worse is it when the sums we're talking about are in the tens of thousands?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What an absolute corker of a comment to make...especially to the press.

What I object to is the assumption that the rest of us, the general public, the ones that pay their wages and benefits, are just as morally and ethically corrupt as they are.

If I even tried claiming a few £'s over what I am owed out of pocket on expenses I would be fired, and rightly so. These criminals hold us in contempt and think we are there to serve THEM. As for the excuse they could make more in the private sector, I very much doubt it. With the level of incompetence they display on a daily basis, along with their corrupt ways and spending they wouldn't last a month in any other job where the employees are held accountable for their actions. The other positions some of them do hold, as non-executive directors of companies, consultants etc are merely window dressing and payment in kind for services rendered through their political clout and contacts, which itself is an abuse of their positions.

It's all just another example of how we are always in a losing position, no matter which main party occupies Downing Street.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
A very interesting link if you want to see just how widespread this practice is.
msn.shoothill.com...

These people are obscene and disgust me.
All the current parties eat from the same trough and believe they are above the law.

We should have a General Election now and show exactly how disgusted we are with these self-serving, egotistical hypocrites and vote every single one of them out of office.

We, the people, should have a vote of no confidence not just in the government but in all of our elected officials.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Here's a question. Who's the mole that leaked the MPs expenses?

Guy should get a high five, before he gets capped.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I only have one thing to say about the scum in the commons, where is Guy Fawkes when we need him!!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Damn.

You drank the koolaid.

Way, way too much of it.

Talk about going overboard. What you read in newspapers, or may even have read on the net (and sadly from some contributors on ATS), is quasi-scaremongering junk. For all its faults (I believe the US has just as many by the way) living in the UK isn't that bad.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

What can you say to this guy? He's an idiot. He's so far out of touch with reality that he'll be lucky if he pulls any votes at all in the next election.

This whole issue is a total nightmare for the parties involved. They have established politicians effectively voting themselves out of their own constituencies solely because of their own greed and stupidity making them unelectable.

Kudos to the Telegraph for putting all this stuff out there. I just wish there was a way to force an election and actually make a difference while people are riding high on this. The potential message would be awesome.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Parasitism.

Sometimes a one word post suffices. But that said, the mods should feel free to delete this post if they think it dosen't add anything. I however think that in the face of such simple extorsion a one word response condenses the apropriate level of disdain. So I repeat:

Parasitism.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

The public needs to send a message to these leaches. There's very little difference between these politicians and benefit cheats who sit around all day with us funding their lifestyles, granted they are less productive than benefit cheats.

The worry is though that people will start voting for multiple fringe parties - a UKIP /BNP allience would be a disaster for the country!!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
The worry is though that people will start voting for multiple fringe parties - a
UKIP /BNP allience would be a disaster for the country!!

It won't happen. Here's why.

The main party bases are too big. Deferring votes to another party only narrows their majority. It would take multiple elections over a long period of time to break the deadlock and get it to that stage - ask the LibDems... they've been trying it for years with no real success.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I turned on the radio today and they were playing the actual interview, and he sounded like a comedy-tory-toff, like the 'Tory Boy' Harry Enfield Character. To be fair I did think it was a joke at first, and laughed along becasue it was funny...until I realised that the bloke was being serious! I can't believe how out of touch with reality some of these MPs are!

I think they need to recommission the Tower Of London for this lot.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

You don't quite understand, the police state is selective. And the US Federal Government is no better than any other. It may not seem like that bad, but it's easy to develop a tolerance for poison in small doses over time. Incremetalism.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I just thought that i'd give the good egg MP's a mention on this thread. I can't think of any at the moment, but i'm sure someone can???
There must be so many MP's out there at the moment, who have clearly conducted their business in a professional and aulturistic way, that we should reward them with a MP of the year award. There are awards dished out every year for everything known to man, so why should the MP's escape awardness? Surely this will sort out the wheat from the chafe?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
The worry is though that people will start voting for multiple fringe parties - a
UKIP /BNP allience would be a disaster for the country!!

It won't happen. Here's why.

The main party bases are too big. Deferring votes to another party only narrows their majority. It would take multiple elections over a long period of time to break the deadlock and get it to that stage - ask the LibDems... they've been trying it for years with no real success.

Your probably right. But I think we should start a betting thread on the likely turnout at the next election. Mid 40%'s anyone?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fang
Your probably right. But I think we should start a betting thread on the likely turnout at the next election. Mid 40%'s anyone?

I would suggest under 40 - the only thing that may keep it above 40 is people being so angry that they go out and vote for anyone on the list so long as it is not a tory, labour or lib dem

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

The Telegraph (surprisingly) has some "Good Egg" MPs mentioned, it details some of those who did not claim when they could have or who had very low claims:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SugarCube
reply to post by happinness

The Telegraph (surprisingly) has some "Good Egg" MPs mentioned, it details some of those who did not claim when they could have or who had very low claims:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

as an interesting aside- Labour claim to be smashing down the barriers of elitism and promoting a fairer society- I note in that report that two labour MPs are twins- also consider the husband and wife team in the cabinet (at least until recetly) and the milliband brothers?!?!?!?

In a population of millions, that sort of family connection is hardly coincidence, hypocritical leftist shysters.........

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join