It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Steen (Tory MP): 'You're all just jealous'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm interested to know how the public will react when the CPS and the DPP decide not to prosecute any of these MP's, because they wont! the fact that they are handing money back and claiming "administrative" errors will see them safely off the hook.

If you or I were to rob a bank and get caught, would offering to give the money back save your skin?

If you fiddled the benefit system and got caught, but claimed you had made an error filling in the forms excuse you?

the answer is NO!.....you'd go to prison!

They may be offering unreserved apologies, but the only thing they are sorry about is the fact they got caught out!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I work for a large multinational company. If I were to fiddle my expenses like these MPs, I'd get the sack.

That's what us Brits need to do. Show these fraudulent mobsters the door at the next election.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Don't know if it's been mentioned - but MP's who are forced to resign over these matters, will receive in excess of a £100,000 lump sum pay-off and a hefty pension - the first £30,000 pa of which is tax-free.

I would also like to point out that members of the British Armed Forces who are sacked or forced to leave over any offence, automatically lose all pension rights and certainly do not recieve any pay-off. This whole situation is becoming a bigger 'can of worms' by the day.

[edit on 22/5/09 by Myrdyn]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn
Don't know if it's been mentioned - but MP's who are forced to resign over these matters, will receive a £100,000 lump sum pay-off and a £30,000 pension per annum.

I would also like to point out that members of the British Armed Forces who are sacked or forced to leave over any offence, automatically lose all pension rights and certainly do not recieve any pay-off. This whole situation is becoming a bigger 'can of worms' by the day.

This is a fine example of rules made by psychopaths for psychopaths. Only a corrupt structure can have such self serving rulesets. Only through a massive amount of manipulative mind control techniques are people fooled into actually voting for this cleptocracy.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

Believe me, this news hasn't been out long - and there is a terrific amount of public outrage. People are being forced to resign and it will greatly affect the next round of voting. With a strong possiblity of criminal charges being brought against offenders, there is no doubt whatsoever that the situation will change.

But you're right - it does stink of corruption.

[edit on 22/5/09 by Myrdyn]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Execute the prick.

Seriously.

If this continues, the British people are going to be as mad as hell, and won't take it anymore!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

It's interesting to see what they really think of us "common" people. He has nothing to lose, he's not being reelected so he can vent his real opinions. Very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join