It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore preparing to turn sights on Wall St

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Michael Moore preparing to turn sights on Wall St

rawstory.com

Oscar-winning director Michael Moore vowed Thursday to turn his sights on the Wall Street chieftains blamed for the global economic meltdown in a new documentary to be released later this year.

Moore, whose past targets have included President George W. Bush, the US healthcare system and the gun lobby, said his as yet untitled film would be released on October 2.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Oh Boy, this should be a doozy...

Love or hate Moore, I think we can ALL agree that the thieves and criminals at Wall Street behind this endless looting of the treasury and tax-payer base need to be exposed and have the spotlight shined on them in the worst way, as they not only have skated scott-free from their past robberies of us all, but they are continuing to get away with murder, and are basically pulling our governments strings!

Hopefully this expose' will raise enough people's awareness and put faces to the crimes that will put a halt to this endless criminality...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-5-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It will do no such thing. I for one like many others, will lend no credibility to a man who has blatantly lied and wreaked havoc all over with his so called documentaries.

I agree that wallstreet should be exposed and every crook rooted out. However Mr.Moore is DEFINITELY NOT the man i want in charge of that task.

If anything he reports in this film is true, people,myself included, will dismiss it as more of his gutless dribble.

Altho we have not heard from him in a while.....i thought perhaps he had fallin in to a playpen full of hambugers and bon bons and ate himself into oblivion......

Nope, hes back, hes fat......and hes on a roll!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
He may not be the most truthful but at least he raises awareness to sleeping America.I think as long as you take some of his stuff with a grain of salt you will be fine.

At least he gets it out there and not just whines on an internet forum.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I agree this will probably do more for the Wall Street fat cats than hurt them. I used to like Moore (yes I know I am ashamed) but then I started seeing him for the shill he is. He does not care for the average person as he tries to make it seem. No he is doing nothing but taking the hard earned cash of those who cannot afford to give it to him.

Most of those I have met that like him, do nothing but accept what is handed to them by Moore. If one does some of their own research they will discover more truth than Moore could ever speak.

Raist

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Good! Although the mainstream love to hate MM; I like him.
Some of his doco's are a little drawn out, but I did truly enjoy his movie: Farenhiet 9/11.
It was amazing to see the happy faces when entering the Cinema; and then the distraught faces, upon leaving.
His book Stupid White Men was a cracker also.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
michael moore is an uninformed moron that makes money off of unsuspecting liberals.
he can't fins his ass,cause it has a hat on it.

he won an oscar from a town full of liberals,and it just made him think he had a messagethat would save people.

i hope he need a major operation,and goes to cuba for it... but i'll bet a million dollars,mikey has insurance in the good old USA

WANNA BET??????????

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Oh Boy, this should be a doozy...

Love or hate Moore,

File me under a big FAT "HATE" on that one

I think we can ALL agree that the thieves and criminals at Wall Street behind this endless looting of the treasury and tax-payer base need to be exposed and have the spotlight shined on them in the worst way, as they not only have skated scott-free from their past robberies of us all, but they are continuing to get away with murder, and are basically pulling our governments strings!

Hopefully this expose' will raise enough people's awareness and put faces to the crimes that will put a halt to this endless criminality...

How about the govt/politicians also get the spot light put on them for the legislation they introduced- how about this fat charlatan takes the race/group identity merchants to task, who pursued lenders to make loans freely available to certain low income communities under the catch all "racism" attack! (I believe Mr Obama was involved in legal action in one such case, will he attack him!)

The truth is more complex than that fat left/liberal wing oaf will ever admit- shame on those who fall at his fat feet

[edit on 22-5-2009 by blueorder]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

michael moore is an uninformed moron that makes money off of unsuspecting liberals. he can't fins his ass,cause it has a hat on it.

I'm glad you used 2 magick words in 1 sentence. Morons and liberals.
See, its fitting, because liberals usually think that anyone that isn't from their supposed pedigree
, are insignificant and un-worthy of opinion (and anything).
So thats why Liberals=morons.
Go Micheal

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Oh I'm so sure these men and women on Wall Street who just pulled off possibly the second greatest heist of the American taxpayer behind only the king daddy of them all - the creation of the Federal Reserve - are absolutely shaking in their sandals on the beaches of their private islands that Michael Moore has 'set his sights' on exposing them.

Riiight.

This is a guy who does nothing more than scratch the surface. With the information he supposedly uncovers, and the opinions he claims to hold, you would think if he weren't a corporate shill himself he would use his name and his influence to expose the real issues and the real conspiracies rather than claiming that the questioning of these real issues and real conspiracies is "un-American".

Michael Moore is Alex Jones so long as you add about 200 pounds and subtract the temper. They're the same pile of manure, dropped from the same ass, just with a different smell.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

At least he has a go!
Instead of criticism, how about you have a go; if you could do any better.
So many critics, but so few do-ers.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777

At least he has a go!
Instead of criticism, how about you have a go; if you could do any better.
So many critics, but so few do-ers.

nonsense, the charlatan has got funding and is in a position of power- which he singularly fails to use effectively, he just uses it to assuage whatever "progressive" nonsense floating around his brain that the mcdonalds for breakfast did not take away.

Just another lecturing hypocrite- will he go after Obama/Democrats for his/their role in trying to extend credit to those who can least afford it?

We can't all be film makers, he is very lucky he is, and he is ripe for attack

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
thats just it, have a go at what? He doesnt even report the facts! Half the stuff he reports is made up completely and the other half are INFLATED facts or distorted to fit into whatever whim of an agenda hes pushing at the time. Its not objective what so ever, if i didnt know any better (that hes doing it to present as serious journalism) i would think it was SATIRE!

People who post on these boards with websites and facts to back up claims do a better job at digging for the truth then that guy does, by FAR!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Yep like you cannot stand his docs. Do not care for this either, at least he is ahead of the game, lol, not.

But i suppose he has his fans, or he would not be here still, doing these rubbish documentaries

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You are right about that, i guess even the most radical of people have their fans, whats clear to some of us will not be clear to others......how that works im not sure.

I take for granted sometimes that when i see a train wreck coming that everyone should too, and i shouldnt thats probably not right of me.....

i just wish that guy on the train tracks jamin out to his radio would take a look out the window and see whats coming....

I try to be tolerant lol! Kudos ladies and gents

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I know he's been targeting big stuff before but if he does this he is definately going to have 'an accident'. Also a fire that destroyes his office + all material. Good idea though.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I know he's been targeting big stuff before but if he does this he is definately going to have 'an accident'. Also a fire that destroyes his office + all material. Good idea though.

targetting what

STUPID BANKS WHO LENT STUPID MONEY ON STUPID TERMS TO STUPID PEOPLE SUPPORTED, AND IN MANY CASES BECASUE OF LEFT WING/LIBERALS LIKE HIM WHO WOULD HAVE CRIED RACISM IF LENDING FIGURES SHOWED LESS LENDING TO CERTAIN SPECIFIED VICTIM GROUPS

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Oh well, attack away if it floats your boat

Was there a particular documentary of his that you were unhappy with; or you just hate the guy for no reason?
Tell me, what's the beef

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777

Oh well, attack away if it floats your boat

Was there a particular documentary of his that you were unhappy with; or you just hate the guy for no reason?
Tell me, what's the beef

Don't get me wrong, some of the banks, and those in charge of lending decisions deserve to be attacked, but Moore is just using his fortunate status to peddle his own agenda- all of this output if filled with lies, distortions and propaganda

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I have never seen such vitriol over one man's work. Is all of wall street on this forum? Are you guys shaking in your boots or something?
ANY light being shone on this fiasco is a good thing; regardless of the political views of the guy holding the light.

If he manages to bring a few more factoids to the surface; then that is a good thing. I will be able to make up my own mind on the conclusions.
Meanwhile, quiver on.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join