It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore preparing to turn sights on Wall St

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why doesn't he talk about the war?

Oh wait...he can't now...bush isn't in office anymore

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Just shows the farce of democracy. Obama never intended to do anything about the war; he like all those democratically presented candidates, and like other countries as well; are preselected to keep the status-quo.
Anyway he's already done a flick on the war, why not another one on Columbine/gun control, for that matter-flog the skeleton!
I dont think hes kissing up to Obama much- didn't he just hand out billions to corporate scum that put us all in this crisis in the first place

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

At least he has a go!
Instead of criticism, how about you have a go; if you could do any better.
So many critics, but so few do-ers.

Agreed, so many ppl want to deride the efforts of others if they
make some mistakes or take things out of context.

The politicians do it all the time, and ppl keep voting them back in.

I think if you look at the data you will see alot of what MM presented
in Sicko had mostly basis in truth.

There actually were 911 rescue workers who were not being treated.

Ppl actually lied about what was in the air in the dust because they
just wanted them to clean it up "cheaply" without shelling out for
masks for all the workers.

We have seen HMO's deny medical care, and HMO workers were so
distraught over hearing ppl losing family members they left their jobs.

I don't like MM as a person, and I know he can be deceptive at time
to meet his agenda, but I damn well know most of America is doing
the same damn thing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

There actually were 911 rescue workers who were not being treated.

Hi Ex,
dont know for sure, yet Farenheit 9/11 was to my knowledge one of the first conspiracy films about the whole 9/11 Iraq war fiasco.It was certainly the first one I had the pleasure of viewing at the cinema.
Since then we've had a spate of other documentaries that are revision and supplement the findings of what MM had published and filmed.
For me, he had the "Kahunas" to actually film and dialogue things that many had felt, but were probably not out-spoken enough to address; and on an international stage, I find that quite commendable.
many may not like him.
Nobody can dispute that he has made a wider audience more aware.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

There is a huge difference between taking things out of context and making things up, which he does in his documentaries.

Even in his one on columbine the guy made up a lot of the info he put out there as fact. FYI I was living in colorado and there at the hospital when they brought these unfortunate souls in.

It was at the point of watching is doc on this that i knew the guy was a blatant liar and fraud, and then after seeing his other works after that, the more research i did on those, the more i found that was bogus.

hes not objective, what he does is to line his own pockets. He doesnt use facts and its not just "misinterpretation" if people cant figures this out then im at a loss of words and very disappointed.

To deny ignorance dont just take whats spoon fed to you, do the research on your own.....

Micheal Moore is just another schlub like Al Goore who makes up factoids in support of whatever hes working on at a time, and are both embraced by the left.....funny that!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I've heard his rendition of going into a bank to open an account, then offered a rifle with his new account, was a load of B.S too.
The beauty of being able to view information and make a logical deduction for oneself, is paramount.
There's only a handful of things that I've viewed and read over the years, that I would put 100% faith in.
The individuals' power to take on board things that are credible, and throw out that which we'd rather not, is still a luxury that we may enjoy, without government interference or legislation.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

I could not agree more my friend. I just hope that people continue to do this, and i hope that those that dont ..START!

its only in doing this that we can really find out whats going on in this screwed up world of ours. It is after all up to us to make this life what we want it to be!

That includes taking the bull by the horns and finding out the truth in our current affairs, and changing them

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

Interesting you say, that he raises "awareness" in Americans. Moore's awareness is raised only in the interest of his own profits. He is the epitome of a douchebag, his views are soley one and perfectly edited to represent what HE believes. He is a man to be very wary of...and if you do decide to watch his documentaries..take them not for face value but strictly for entertainment purposes.. He only shows us what he wants us to see...quite a few of the interviews he did concerning healthcare were so one sided that there were lawsuits filed against him for libel from those he interviewed.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Let me guess it will cover the bankers and the republican part in the meltdown.

But he will carefully not portray the democrats part in passing the laws that let Enron an the banking people rape the country.

He is just a shill propagandist for the democrats. And has always supported there causes.

I will also bet that this work of his will come out just before the next congressional election.

And the targets will be republicans trying to get elected or reelected.

Michael Moore is so predictable you could bet money on him.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Michael Moore is so predictable you could bet money on him.

There is a good chance that you may be able to.
In Australia we have a site called Sportingbet.com; here you can bet on just about anything under the Sun. I guess you lot would have something similar?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
That includes taking the bull by the horns and finding out the truth in our current affairs, and changing them

Indeed! So take the bull by the horns and tell us exactly how Moore is lying. You are telling us that there is no value in anything he says.
Please, point out his lies...in the interest of truth in our current affairs...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Indeed! So take the bull by the horns and tell us exactly how Moore is lying.

Well it been a while since there have been any MM ridiculing posts! May as well relax John; I dont think there is going to be any substantiated evidence here; just a lot of hot air

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Most of MM documenteries have been to get the republician out of office,

I liked the health care one and it gave Obama a lot of votes.

Now that the democrats are in office don't hold your breath waiting for any changes in the health care system in the US.

The democrats told everyone they wanted to change the health care system so that everyone has health care. but in the next 4 years NOTHING WILL BE DONE.

Why because the democratic politicians are to tied up in the pockets of the health care and insurance industry.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join