It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

true mason information

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
The one thing I know about Masons is that one has to believe in some deity outside oneself to join.

This is true, you must believe in a diety/super-consciousness/higher entity/etc...There is nothing saying that it has to be outside ones self.

Although I don't think you'll find any followers...lol

This precludes me (as well as my bodily configuration - female - for most lodges), as I believe we are all "pieces" of God...

You're idea of God does not disqualify you. There is no predefined perspective of God. Being a female only disqualifies you from 'regular' freemasonry. There are still irregular Masonic lodges that initiate women. (Irregular meaning not supported by mainstream Freemasonry.)

So a Mason I will never be.

Edit: If that is your will, so mote it be.

[edit on 5/21/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Actually, Groucho said, "I would never join a club that would have me as a member!"

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's nice to see someone trying to get at the source instead of just buying into the negative ideas and theories right away.

Honestly, if you want to talk to a REAL Mason, and you feel that you will get the "truth" from them then you can go to your local Masonic Temple and actually ask to speak to a Mason also they will give you a DVD and some reading info.
But also, some would say not to trust a word a real Mason says, that's up to you to decide.

My father is a Mason and trust me a lot of the things you'll hear about them are way off.

People just give them a bad wrap because some "evil" people felt the need to be part of the Masonic Brotherhood to live on their family traditions, but not EVERY Mason is a devil worshiping NWO groupie or leader.

Don't get me wrong, there may be people in the Masons that are part of the NWO but the Masons as a whole, no.

Also if you're going to read info off of the internet, try to read two positive things for every negative you read about them (since the negative always seems to be so extreme).

Also look into the Shiners, to me they are great when I was born with a severe spinal cord defect they founded the hospital rooms, time and equipment for me over a million dollars worth when my mother was told by the Government, and other Doctors to "just give up" and then the Jerry Lewis Foundation or whatever it was called screwed us over , I couldn't get insurance because I was adopted so my mom actually wrote a letter to A famous Mason named Ernest Borgnine and he got me everything I needed to be able to live and not be crippled and so on.

Even if they have a bad agenda for doing these good things, in the end they are still giving life and helping other who would of other wise had no chance at all.

Who knows maybe I'm implanted with all kinds of microchips...don't think it hasn't crossed my mind after reading some of the stuff on here and other sites.

Please don't flame me for what I say.
I am not saying some of the claims or ideas are completely wrong or false.
I respect everyone's opinions and feel that some of them are justified.

Just giving my experience and that is all.

Good Luck with your quest OP.
Remember to find the facts for yourself and draw your own conclusions if it be the popular one or not so popular one, just make it your own.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by pop_science]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Amaterasu

Amaterasu, a lot of Northern lodges are accepting females now. As I stated before, it has become an environment of survival for the tradition. You are correct that an athiest will never be accepted, but if you believe in a single spiritual entity, whatever you may call it, then you qualify. I have heard of Wiccans and "New Age" type spiritualists joining by applying this definition broadly. My lodge is deep in the South, so I don't think they are quite ready for it here yet, lol!

As I said, most lodges will not accept me for my physical configuration. And I was told by one Mason that my belief that Consciousness (you, me, everybody) is "God" disqualifies me. [shrug]

Well, I suppose in the end it matters not. I know there is a lodge around that does accept women, but I have no transportation (or even money for the bus) and they are about 20 miles away.

I do my part to bring the betterment of Humankind via my book. It is FREE and can be found here:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I am hoping to spread the ideas in the book as far and as wide as I might. [smile] Ergo, its free status.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Amaterasu, a lot of Northern lodges are accepting females now... I have heard of Wiccans and "New Age" type spiritualists joining by applying this definition broadly. My lodge is deep in the South, so I don't think they are quite ready for it here yet, lol!

Just to note, there are no mainstream Lodges, northern or otherwise, who admit females. There are however Co-Masonic organizations that do so.

Wiccans are perfectly welcome to become Masons providing that they meet the other qualifications. It is my understanding that Gerald Gardner, the founder of Wicca, was a Mason.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NamiraNerd

If you are of "Upright character, dont have a criminal record, believe in A god, and go to the doors of masonry via your own interest and merit; you may join".
Its no good then listening to anyone on this site, if indeed you dont know who to trust.
If you realy want to know, endeavour to join, and experience a deeper understanding of the Biblical and Hermetic mysteries.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Sorry, I could be mis-informed about the "Northern" lodges that I hear about so often around here. People are more than likely referring to International or Prince Hall lodges, rather than just northern ones.

In S. Georgia, N. Florida, there are some pretty isolated lodges, and you hear a lot of foolish stuff, especially when it comes to Yankees .

It is kind of fun to see things being done the same way they were 100 years ago though!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

A lot of information would be frowned upon if it were shared openly on this type of forum. Although the majority of what we discuss is not "secret," it is meant for the few people with a keen interest and an earnest desire to better themselves. Unfortunately, it is specifically not for people who just want to know more without going through the process of joining.

I personally know a guy who joined a local lodge about a year ago simply to find out what it was about.

He did the first and second degrees, and then left the masons before ever completing his third, simply because he gained nothing from it.

I asked him why he left, and he admitted to me that he's always been interested in conspiracy theories (even writing a book), and just wanted to find out if there was any truth in them. He was totally disappointed, and said it was nothing like what he expected.

I agree that unless someone has a real interest in Freemasonry, it would be a total waste of time and money for them to join.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I have had experience with people like this also. It is a shame on several levels. They don't go far enough to actually gain an understanding about what they are joining. They don't commit themselves to enjoying the camaraderie and company of their fellow Masons. They leave with the wrong impression of the whole process. For this reason, I am a fan of the 1-day degree work, but only if followed up by catechism classes.

My biggest regrets came early in my experience. We had several very old, well-liked and respected Masons, and I did not take the time to get to know them or learn from them before they passed. I take the time now to stop and speak with every one of the old-timers, and I never say "no" to a request from a fellow Mason. I have found myself mending fences, working on cars or whatever, but I always gain a friend, I receive more than I give every time!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by getreadyalready]

[Mod Edit - replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To Tab]

[edit on 22/5/2009 by Sauron]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Freemasonry is a power tool for the presenters of this old ideology. People with a need for influence will succomb to it.

Who are the presenters of freemasonry? The Semitics, or commonly called Jews.

In the book Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion one can read:

7. For what purpose then have we invented this whole policy and insinuated it into the minds of the GOY without giving them any chance to examine its underlying meaning? For what, indeed, if not in order to obtain in a roundabout way what is for our scattered tribe unattainable by the direct road? It is this which has served as the Page 27 of 54 Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion 3/31/01 quotes.strongcity.com... for our organization of SECRET MASONRY WHICH IS NOT KNOWN TO, AND AIMS WHICH ARE NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS SUSPECTED BY, THESE "GOY" CATTLE, ATTRACTED BY US INTO THE "SHOW" ARMY OF MASONIC LODGES IN ORDER TO THROW DUST IN THE EYES OF THEIR FELLOWS.

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 23/5/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Idaho Mason here and we don't accept women into the Freemasons. Only co-ed or irregular or clandestine Lodges accept women into their Order, but those are not recognized by the various Grand Lodges.

As for the member who thinks the Craft wouldn't accept his view of the Deity. It doesn't matter, what matters is that you believe in a higher power. In '07 the Grand Chaplain of Arizona was Buddhist. He was a man of great knowledge. I believe him and the Most Worshipful Grand Master at that time went to Tibet.

reply to post by supranode

Not true.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NamiraNerd

STAY CLEAR OF THIS SATANIC PLACE. LOW LEVELS = innocent, higher you go the more brainwashed you become in ritualistic evil

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemoglobin

STAY CLEAR OF THIS SATANIC PLACE. LOW LEVELS = innocent, higher you go the more brainwashed you become in ritualistic evil

What? Are you refering to masonry as satanic? Thats a bit rich......A Satanist could become a mason, if they acted to be society-abiding; but why the hell (pardon the pun),would they want to?
The inner mysteries of masonic degrees, deal with a the occultist knowledge attained from a deeper understanding of the Biblical mysteries.
So again I dont see why Satanists would be interested.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I'm curios, it was my understanding that a Buddhist would not be able to become a Mason.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Buddhists are taught to tread "the middle path", attained through the guidelines of the Eight Noble truths.
Through this practice they can attain contentment.
When content, we have no desire for fleeting gratification.
Also Buddhists recognise that Boddhisatvas (past enlightened beings) are not necessarily gods.
I would not think that a lay buddhist would be refused entry into masonry. It would just take an amount of unorthodox practice to accommidate for the requirements of masonry.
The question would be: why would a "Buddhist" not be content; other practices would only ensure a definate path of samsara.
Masonry is more pertanent to biblical mysteries.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemoglobin

What is Satanic about the Lodge? What evil?

I am curious to. I know some Abrahamic religious folk also practice Buddhism.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I've heard of it, and know of a couple who folks who say they do, unfortunately haven't been able to site down and discuss it out with them.

@KRISKALI777

Maybe their path led them to masonry, in some manner. Each person's ultimate satisfaction varies.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Maybe their path led them to masonry, in some manner. Each person's ultimate satisfaction varies.

Exactly. on the other hand its not entirely improbable that a buddhist may be as such, and only interested to join Masonry as a matter of finding a more personal insight into the biblical mysteries.
Its not uncommon for avid scholars of philosophy or religion to consider a number of different models.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
To the OP: Definitely agree with the www.masonicinfo.com suggestion. There is heaps of info on their site.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
I would not think that a lay buddhist would be refused entry into masonry. It would just take an amount of unorthodox practice to accommidate for the requirements of masonry.

Interestingly, the recently retired Pro Grand Master of UGLE was a Buddhist. So if it's OK for the boys at the top I imagine it's OK for the rest of us.

freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join