It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

true mason information

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by parisinflames

I think it *would* be funny if it wre not so sad. I'm not sure whether it points in the direction of the dumbing down of the education system, or if these folks were homeschooled.

Regardless, they seem to enjoy living in the 16th century, along with their various witchhunts.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

I think it *would* be funny if it wre not so sad. I'm not sure whether it points in the direction of the dumbing down of the education system, or if these folks were homeschooled.

Regardless, they seem to enjoy living in the 16th century, along with their various witchhunts.

It just bothers me to see something I hold dear in my life, be battered by some who probably walks around wearing a cloak, and speaking in olde english counting down the days until Renaissance festival comes back.

I would honestly like to see him with his friends, and hear the conversations, and just observe quietly in the background. I would have a lifetimes dose of BS and never recover.

But land of the free...free to be an embarrassment..and free to dream up your little fantasy worlds while you make my whopper.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Keep in mind, just as Freemasons come from all walks of life, so do Anti-Masons. No use in making insults that do nothing more than anger folks.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You're right, I will maintain my beliefs and just leave it alone. It's obviously an argument that will not end.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Try turning up to the local Lodge on night and try to get past the Tyler guarding the front door.

Tell him you are just curious and wish to enter and sit in on a Lodge meeting as an observer. No way will you be let in.
You will have the trap door slammed in your face if you are lucky.

Why should Masons be obliged to admit a non-member to their private meetings?

Have to ever tried to gain admittance to a company board meeting?

Do you not realise how absurd it it to assume that you have the right to attend as a non-member?

If unlucky you may be beaten up, or even murdered.

Absolute rubbish. What makes you think that this would ever happen? The internet?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I found this link (a .exe file) that shows a small tour of the building.

reply to post by Silver Shadow

The Freemasons are not a secret society. Our oaths pose no danger to anyone's life, whether they break their oath or not. Plus the Freemasons are not the only group that makes you take an oath. I don't know if I've said it before, but I'll say it now; the oath of a Freemason appertains only to Freemasonry, nothing else.

If you go to a Lodge and ask for the a written copy you will not get it. It would be a violation of the oath and only Brothers know the oaths. Plus we don't just leave written copies lying around.

reply to post by Egyptia

The 32nd/33rd is only in the Scottish Rite, a branch of the Freemasons. The Blue Lodge Master Mason is the highest degree - nothing is superior to it.

Joining the Freemasons is strictly voluntary. If you don't want to take an oath, you don't join. Technically, you are told how much it will cost after you become a Brother; it's called dues and in my Lodge it's $100 a year. As I said before, but you hadn't seen it yet, that there is no threat to your life from taking these oaths. You have read wrong on exactly how the rituals go and have taken it out of context. You are not held under duress. if you don't want to do it we don't force you - you must ask to join, we don't recruit.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I think it's in reference to this part of the Obligation:

All this I most solemnly, sincerely promise and swear, with a firm and steadfast resolution to perform the same, without any mental reservation or secret evasion of mind whatever, binding p. 35 myself under no less penalty than that of having my throat cut across, 1 my tongue torn out by its roots, and my body buried in the rough sands of the sea, at low-water mark, 2 where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours, should I ever knowingly violate this my Entered Apprentice obligation. So help me God, and keep me steadfast in the due performance of the same.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Now, the UGLE released a statement that that part of the Obligation has been removed since the eighties, so any Mason raised since them hasn't sworn in under it.
The oath itself was symbolic, the same as when you use the phrase "stick a needle in my eye," however, so many people disagreed with it, so it was removed.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Just because you don't like the Craft doesn't make it's members weak minded. Freemasonry is not for everyone and it does pass on much wisdom. Maybe you should do more research than just David Icke or FreemasonryWatch before passing judgement; maybe you should read one of the Holy Books.

What occult power are you speaking of? Are we conducting sacrificial practices? What is the evil that we do?

reply to post by Roark

Mama says socializing is the devil!

Correct there are 3-degrees, which you named.

What wealth and power are you thinking we possess? Like it was shown in the Prince Hall thread, some Masonic buildings are falling apart. My Lodge is weathering this economic storm fairly well, but we are an exception in my State. The other Rites are not superior to the 3rd degree nor do they act as a hierarchy.

Actually, no there isn't 30-degrees beyond the Royal Arch. The Royal Arch degrees are apart of the York Rite, which is heavily Christian oriented. This is the structure of the York Rite:

ROYAL ARCH MASONS:

Mark Master Mason degree
The Past Master (Virtual) degree
The Most Excellent Master degree
The Royal Arch Mason degree

CRYPTIC MASONS:

Royal Master
Select Master
Super Excellent Master

CHIVALRIC ORDERS:

Illustrious Order of the Red Cross
Order of the Knights of Malta (or simply Order of Malta)
Order of the Temple

Only in Scottish Rite does there degrees that go up to 32nd (with the possibility of being invited to become a 33rd). In fact the Royal Arch degrees used to be apart of the Blue Lodge and in some parts of Europe it still is. And no, the Royal Arch doesn't refer to the Blue Lodge as the false degrees.

reply to post by Egyptia

Many ex-Masons, not all, didn't get out of it what they expected. I tell new members that you get out of it, what you put into it. Some don't have the time. Some had a false impression. There are many reasons for ex-Masons; some innocent others sinister.

Wives are actually extremely involved in the Craft and many couples join the OES.

Masons do not take blood oaths. I'd punch somebody if they tried to take my blood. Again, no oath supercedes any other oath someone has taken, including their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Freemasons have many charities (public and anonymous). Examples: Shriner's Hospital, Knight's Templar Eye Foundation, Scottish Rite Schizophrenia Research, the Masonic Child Identification Program, and every local Lodge usually has something unique to them. My Lodge gives out scholarships to highschool students going to college.

Are you saying there is a war between you [conspiracy theorists] and the Freemasons?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

ROFL! That's so funny.

Of course, you will be turned away while a meeting is in progress. We are private organization and you must be a Brother to join in. We do allow non-members for short periods to come in, but they are invited in.

What trap door? You may have a door shut in your face, but it is just an ordinary door. Plus say you over power the Tyler and force your way into the Lodge you wouldn't find out any secrets and then you would be arrested for trespassing. We wouldn't cause you any harm.

You are correct that you can take a tour of the Lodge building when it is not in session.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Blindfolded, with a hangman's noose around your neck, and a dagger held at your heart you swear an oath under duress you have no knowledge of beforehand, that you cannot later revoke.

I just realized how absurd this statement is...

Even if there was a dagger held at your heart when you give the oath (which there isn't), how could you possibly know if you're blindfolded?

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Saurus]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I will say that all things done during the ceremonies are explained to the candidate and teach important lessons.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Now, the UGLE released a statement that that part of the Obligation has been removed since the eighties, so any Mason raised since them hasn't sworn in under it.

It would probably be more accurate to say that it has been "amended" rather than removed. The key phrase is now...

The inclusion of such a penalty is unnecessary, for the Obligation you have taken this evening is binding on you for so long as you shall live.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

Originally posted by RuneSpider

It would probably be more accurate to say that it has been "amended" rather than removed. The key phrase is now...

The inclusion of such a penalty is unnecessary, for the Obligation you have taken this evening is binding on you for so long as you shall live.

We still use it in the Prince Hall Jurisdiction. I like the oaths as they are, i guess because im a traditional type of guy.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Level_Head

Yeah, this is new to me that any jurisdiction has changed their oaths.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Yeah, this is new to me that any jurisdiction has changed their oaths.

Those jurisdictions who work in the Emulation Rite have never used symbolic physical penalties. The UGLE eliminated them a long time ago.

The Scottish Rite degrees also used to contain them, but they were eliminated by Albert Pike, who wrote:

Oaths out of all proportion with their object, shocked the candidate, and then became ridiculous, and were wholly disregarded. - Morals and Dogma, p. 326

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Here's the UGLE webpage that discusses the penalties in the oath (the last paragraph on the page):

UGLE Website - Your questions answered

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Saurus]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

You have to believe in a Supreme Being -- an Architect of the Universe, if you will.

If you are married to a Master Mason, or the child of a Master Mason then you can easily join an appendant body. Like someone else mentioned, a few lodges are now also accepting female members.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Satanists are not above using deception to fulfill their goals. They are not straightforward or sincere people, although you'd never know it by simply asking them.

Those are not Biblical "mysteries." The word "mysteries" refers to the "mystery cults." They are also called "fertility cults," meaning that they are centered around sexual acts. However, those sex acts are not for hedonistic purposes. They are for channelling "sexual energy," as well as to traumatize the participants in order to make them robotic and habitual. Some even believe that the orifices of a young child are some sort of fountain of youth that they can zap energy from to rejuvenate themselves. It's really sick, and those practices have been used as part of MK-ULTRA and Project Monarch.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Buddhism and Freemasonry are quite incompatible. Buddhists don't agree with most, if not all, of the tenets of Freemasonry. Buddhists believe in "Source" rather than a traditional supreme being, and are more apt to respect an animal or a plant more than any human, much less a "brother."

You are correct that a Buddhist would need to be extremely unorthodox in his practices to be able to practice Masonry as well.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Satanists are not above using deception to fulfill their goals.

Neither, apparently, are Christians.

Buddhism and Freemasonry are quite incompatible. Buddhists don't agree with most, if not all, of the tenets of Freemasonry.

Incorrect. For example, Spencer Compton, who served several years as Provincial Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England, is a Buddhist. There is also one Buddhist that I'm aware of in my own Lodge.

Here is a link to website created by a Buddhist Mason:

Link

It is also interesting to note that in "Morals and Dogma", Pike called the Buddha "the first Masonic legislator".

You are correct that a Buddhist would need to be extremely unorthodox in his practices to be able to practice Masonry as well.

Not at all. There is not a slimmer of incompatibility between Buddhism and Masonry. Another point of interest: Aleister Crowley was himself a practicing Buddhist when he became a Mason.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join