It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Academy of Environmental Medicine Calls for Immediate Moratorium on All Genetically Modifie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

American Academy of Environmental Medicine Calls for Immediate Moratorium on All Genetically Modified Foods

www.opednews.com

AAEM’s position paper stated, “Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food,” including infertility, immune problems, accelerated aging, insulin regulation, and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system. They conclude, “There is more than a casual association between GM foods and adverse health effects. There is causation,” as defined by recognized scientific criteria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is scary!! I always knew something was wrong with playing god.... Well here it is... We still are in the infancy period as far as it goes with GM. Be interesting to see what happens in the next 50 years.... Hopefully I will be able to see it.... Just think how many of you consume GM Food.

I have also noticed lately alot of people I am talking to nowadays are complaining of gastrointestinal problems and the Doctor is saying everything is fine.... I think I might start mentioning this to them.....

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2009 by kdial1]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
this is an interesting development

so these scientists are flat out saying we are being poisoned

insane world we live on...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
how can they take the GM food off the shelf?

wouldnt that cause mass famine and starvation?

i mean almost all our food is monsanto GM now

if we halt GM food now, we will be entering a period of great disaster

arent you glad they set it up that way? Eat their poison or starve.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
how can they take the GM food off the shelf?

wouldnt that cause mass famine and starvation?

i mean almost all our food is monsanto GM now

if we halt GM food now, we will be entering a period of great disaster

arent you glad they set it up that way? Eat their poison or starve.

You should see how it is here in England, I am currently working over here for a little bit and I have noticed that almost all food is natural with no preservatives. They also have food markets from the farmers with fresh food that is not GM.

I think America will be the hardest hit with this.....

-Kdial1

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sure makes me glad I live in an area with loads of organic farmers. I try to use grocery store food only in an emergency. Sticking to the local markets and health food stores has kept me faring pretty well so far.

Fingers crossed this is allowed to continue - the organic farming that is.

As I was writing I thought, hey wait, are the organic products from Monsanto? Guess I should do some digging before I sit around all proud and happy!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Accelerated aging?! Rats, I thought I felt this way just due to being 36, now I find out it's the dang food I'm eating! I can't win! Eat poorly, die. Eat healthy, die painfully!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay

As I was writing I thought, hey wait, are the organic products from Monsanto?

they do have some but the majority of their products are genetically modified so that they do not produce seeds after 1 harvest

this increases their profits significantly, and that is why they focus on GM seeds more than non-gm

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Can you even buy non-gm seeds anymore?

Are these like gold or what? seems like it may be a good idea to stockup on non-gm seeds if something big happens, these will be like gold.

Edit: I found them check it out... lol www.survivalistseeds.com...

-Kdial1

[edit on 22-5-2009 by kdial1]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It was shown to cause organ damage to animals and still these franken foods were allowed to be sold to us! Do you all know that Monsanto is the maker of Agent Orange? It's true. Not a food company to start off, they are a chemical company. And any seed called 'roundup ready' is affected. Our government and others knew about the organ damage last year, that is why they built the huge seed vault. I am lucky to live in the south where heritage seeds are kept and passed on through generations and shared with family members. But I have still bought GMO's not knowing they were, now I know, if it isn't organic, it's a gmo, unless you buy from your local farmers market and verify even their source of seeds!

edit to fix silly spelling error.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by space cadet]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
So when are we going to see the massive outrage. Or are we just going to complain on the internet?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This is such an important report, it affects all of us, I cannot believe that my fellow ATSers are not responding to this thread with total outrage at this announcement!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I personally believe that the real cause of Morgellons is GM related.

Good find OP, this is good news that people are starting to wake up to the GM industry and the dangers associated with modifying with total disregard that which nature has already perfected.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Immune problems, accelerated aging, insulin regulation, and changes in major organs and the gastrointestinal system.

Sounds just like my health problems.

How where can someone find hard evidence to support this.

I would love to take this to court.

But there lawyers would probably turn around and blame the agent orange i was exposed to in Vietnam.

Oh that Right Agent Orange causes the same health problems.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I had no idea the two cause the same problems! I remember the use and downfalls of agent orange, and was shocked when I found out who Monsanto really is, but to have the same side effects ( hell, they are just the effects, not 'side') is really saying a lot about the use of GMO's!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Monsanto is an agent of evil. They know what they are doing and are completely ignoring the facts.

They know they are poisoning the people.
They know their "product" is despicable.
Now they are teaching our children that GM foods is okay! It isnt!!!

This is the one thing I despise that has come out of science.
Fraken' Food.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I am so freakin PO'd right now, i'm reading this thing and it seems like a lot of the health problems that i have, that the doctors can never figure out what causes them, are in this report. Like they can't figure out why i am continually becoming allergic to more and more things, or why my joints are in the shape of someone 30 years older than me. My constant stomach problems!!! What really scares me is this.....

The only published human feeding study revealed what may be the most dangerous problem from GM foods. The gene inserted into GM soy transfers into the DNA of bacteria living inside our intestines and continues to function

This means that long after we stop eating GMOs, we may still have potentially harmful GM proteins produced continuously inside of us. Put more plainly, eating a corn chip produced from Bt corn might transform our intestinal bacteria into living pesticide factories, possibly for the rest of our lives.

When evidence of gene transfer is reported at medical conferences around the US, doctors often respond by citing the huge increase of gastrointestinal problems among their patients over the last decade. GM foods might be colonizing the gut flora of North Americans

www.opednews.com...

You can bet there will be no moratorium on any GM foods, Monsanto will make sure of that

If i'm not mistaken they have also worked it out so that they can never be sued for any damages resulting from their GM foods. I'll have to ask my son tomorrow if he has that info.

Edit to add; Everybody please flag this thread it needs to be seen by everybody

[edit on 5/24/2009 by chise61]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I think America will be the hardest hit with this...

I agree.
Living where I do I almost never eat anything packaged.

It’s the best way, truly, but a hard thing for the American’s to do I’m sure.

That being said I’m really encouraged by this article.

The faster scientists ban GM food the better off the world will be - especially for the Americans.

Suffer now but live longer.

peace

[edit on 24-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Packaged foods are of concern too, but most of the gmo's are your 'fresh produce'. If it doesn't say it's organic, it's a gmo. And last year meats were to be added to the list of franken foods. Have you heard of 'Quorn'?

link:www.foxnews.com...

How about growing meat without animals?

Link: www.slate.com...

Or 'in vitro, or cultured meat'

link: www.futurefood.org...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Completely agree with you chise, this thread needs to be flagged and read by everyone.

GM foods are bad for us. Bad for the environment and should never have been invented. As I stated before this is the only part of science I truly despise.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join