It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Academy of Environmental Medicine Calls for Immediate Moratorium on All Genetically Modifie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I am glad to see the activity on this thread tonight, I bumped it tonight because I didn't think enough attention was being paid to such an important part or supply of our lives.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
what took them so long?

it's not like GM crops were a new development and they still don't get the real underlying issue, which is the destruction of fertile soil. all else is really secondary when you think about it.

here's a list of several threads over the years, if anyone is interested - by no means complete !

Argentina's Bitter Harvest - GM crops turned sour

GM or Not to GM, Which?

Food for Thought

Monsanto GM crop fails in South Africa

The GM genocide: Thousands of Indian farmers are committing suicide after using genetically modified

GM Crops and the Coming Famine

2009 Will Be Year of Global Food Crisis

and last, but not least, related:

Soil Depletion & Micronutrient Deficiency

will these people pretend they didn't know, when there's more than a decade of experience with these things and their consequences? it's all about buying time, as i said, they do not adress the really pressing issues. while you are at it search for Codex Alimentarius on this site and see how it fits in.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Has anyone heard about the Codex Alimentarius lately? I am sure I spelled that wrong....

I was just reading the newsletter from their website

ftp.fao.org...

Near the end you can see they are talking about GM food. They skate around the question asked in the newsletter like a well polished politician would. I need to know more......

-Kdial1

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ugh that makes me feel nauseous knowing there could be bacteria living in me that was screwed up by GMO's. It's really hard to buy corn in the US that wasn't GMO and everything has corn syrup in it
I'm glad I have a really strong immune system and never get sick, hopefully that will keep me safe. It's really really sad how hard is it to eat healthy in America people who don't spend hours and hours educating themselves from dozens of websites really have no chance, not to mention you likely have to go to specialty stores instead of your regular supermarket.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't know a whole lot about GM but what I have found out sickened me enough to buy only organic. Lucky for me I live out in Amish country, so it's fairly easy. lol We live on the side of a mountain surrounded by farms on all sides the the valley, with an Amish market a mile up the street. We've also decided to grow a lot of our own food this year.
Its pretty scary though, Ive had stomach problems for a while now and could never figure out why, other then most of the food i had been eating was probably worse then poo. I assumed it was just meat, mostly red meat so i stopped eating it, which helped a little but not much. Can't say I have a problem with accelerated aging though, I'm 27 and look like I'm -16, Which is quite annoying when buying cigarettes, but I probably should be flattered.
What i do know is that i definitely do not want pesticide producing bacteria taking over my stomach, but its probably to late already...

I just don't understand how this poison is allowed to be sold and consumed by ill informed people, with all the health concerns, just so a few very sick individuals can get rich... I don't think i will ever understand someone being able to live with themselves after profiting from the murder of others, Or the people who allow it to go on unchecked..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join