It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Terror Plot Foiled

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

NY TERROR PLOT FOILED

www.nypost.com

Four home-grown Muslim terrorists hell bent on blowing up two Bronx synagogues and shooting down a military plane have been arrested following a massive, year-long investigation, sources told the Post.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps Title.

[edit on Wed, 20 May 2009 21:23:36 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This was breaking on Fox News just a few minutes ago, details are still sketchy. I am serching for more information. If this is true then it seems we have avoided a fairly significant terror attack on US soil.

another link to story here
www.nydailynews.com...

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sorry I just double threaded you.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Here's the site used. I alerted my thread so it should be closed now.

ANYWAY

What I had said in my now-deleted thread was that it's absurd that this plot got so far. Basically, if synagogues and airports are being targeted, give them more security. Stewart is a small airport and it's security is limited. I think that this could have become a disaster if it wasn't caught in time. Prisons should be doing more to stop the spread of extremist ideas inside their walls.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
and here we are my friends.
The New York fly by, the foiled terrorist attack.

just preparing the people for what is to come, hype up the danger before commiting the act for maximum effect

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have learned - from experience - that it is always a good idea to search a story first.....

I await more news concerning this as I have yet to see on news here.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Looking forward to the evidence more than anything.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If they were hellbent on doing so, why would they wait for a year planning it!? They are suicidal, therefore they wouldn't need an escape route. One aim: DIE AND TAKE AS MANY INFIDELS WITH THEM.

If you were planning to cause mass panic & death you wouldn't wait a year planning to blow some place up. The Mumbai Attack showed what small gangs of armed terrorists can do. Now if they had 4 groups of 4 in times square, with all the commotion and what not.....

To me it smells a bit odd...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Year long investigation..

Were they giving them a chance to back out? I have heard of school children getting arrested almost immediately just for simply making drawings of such things.

I am interested to know why they chose to wait so long to arrest them.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

I did. I had been writing my comments, which is what took the couple minutes of difference.

I expect to see more news, as well. But given that right now it's only posted on a couple news sites, it might be a little while.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
A Year long investigation..

Sounds like the PTB had a undercover agent in the group and it took him that long to trick to group into doing something stupid so they could bust the group.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here we go again. What utter nonsense. One year to blow up a couple of buildings and a plane? Jack Bauer on 24 manages more than the every episode during commercial breaks for crying out loud!

This reeks of the same nonsense that the Federal Government just finally concluded with the Liberty City Florida Home Grown Terrorist Group.

The only Al-Queda person involved was the FBI informant who orchestrated the whole plot and trapped what two mistrials and one acquited defendant and another judged not guilty in the thrid trial were simply religious extremist inner city youths trying to scam the FBI Informant for 50,000.00. They weren't Muslim religious extremists but Christian religious extremists. They all so happened to be young, dumb, and incredibly naive.

An almost entirely orchestrated FBI conspiracy that planted an informant in that community and began recruiting for members of an Al-Queda cell and his only takers where hoodlum like street thugs looking to scam the informant for the government hard cash...and it took the government 3 trials, 3 count them trials to convict 5 of the 7.

This War on Terror is completely out of control and so is our government wake up people!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Perhaps,they were not meant to get so far along in their plans,Jam this is gonna be milked for all it's worth by the NYPD and the Department of Homeland Defense.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah. This smacks of propaganda and desensitization - as well as an effort to scapegoat when the next false flag arrives.

Heh. A year to investigate a group that, I would expect, would spend a few months at most getting explosives together and then just doing it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
the story, as it was reported minutes ago:

4 men were sold phony explosive devices by an undercover agent who worked on the case for over a year. the men planted the car bombs, meant to be detonated by remote and they were then arrested.

they were, it seems, upset with the US involvement in Afghanistan. Thus, they wanted to blow up a couple of synagogues.

Makes perfect sense to me.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It makes sense to much more people than it should, sadly.

Seems like they had a fake missile, too.

*sigh*

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I really don't like the term Homegrown. They've been pushing homegrown terrorist legislation, including everyone under the sun. In the event this was a real plot, I'm glad they took their time investigating these people, rather, than just jumping on them...that at least gives me some hope.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is why the left is dangerous.

You can't bring these guys from Gitmo and put them in the prison system. This is a danger because they could attract terror attacks on soft targets and they know how to build radical terror cells.

Sadly, we have Code Pink running foreign policy.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So is this going to be used by A.Jones in some way or another. Looks like everyone is hell bent on blowing up New York, why don't they concentrate on area 51 and perhaps hijack a ufo and buzz the world, i mean that would be the ultimate statement.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

4 men were sold phony explosive devices by an undercover agent who worked on the case for over a year. the men planted the car bombs, meant to be detonated by remote and they were then arrested.

they were, it seems, upset with the US involvement in Afghanistan. Thus, they wanted to blow up a couple of synagogues.

The question is, did this same agent spend a year inciting these people to violence first because of their personalities, educational, political, or religious background suggested they were exploitable.

The whole Crux of the Government's case against the Liberty City Defendants was the FBI informant insisting they had to do things like photograph targets and a pledge an allegience to Al-Queda to get the money they were asking for.

A professional terrorist cell is going to arrive on scene with intelligence on their target already and might have to surviel it once or twice. They are going to arrive on scene with weapons ready to go or the contact already pre-arranged to provide them weapons. They are going to carry out the operation as rapidly as possible and then get out of dodge. That is how covert operations work and terrorism is covert operations.

Why do we all go around assuming that terrorists have never watch an episode of Burn Notice, James Bond, 24 or the God Father and mean to do terrible harm but just can't figure it out while every Narco Terrorist in the U.S. pushing dope is walking around with fully automatic weapons, and often heavier ordinance like plastic explosives, grenades and even RPG's and shoulder fired surface to air missiles.

The way we try to portray most of these guys as a deadly threat but too mentally challenged to figure out how to get a boarding pass for their flights is just insulting to the American people.

[edit on 20/5/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Crakeur

Why do we all go around assuming that terrorists have never watch an episode of Burn Notice, James Bond, 24 or the God Father and mean to do terrible harm but just can't figure it out while every Narco Terrorist in the U.S. pushing dope is walking around with fully automatic weapons, and often heavier ordinance like plastic explosives, grenades and even RPG's and shoulder fired surface to air missiles.

The way we try to portray most of these guys as a deadly threat but too mentally challenged to figure out how to get a boarding pass for their flights is just insulting to the American people.

WOW. That is awesome. I laughed like crazy. You make such valid points. Maybe these guys are that dumb? I do not know. Watching James Bond goes against their belief system? LOLOL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join