It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military: Heavily Armed and Medicated

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Gives a whole new meaning to "performance enhancement drugs" and i think we can take the army fatigues labeled with "property of the u.s. army" literally... in body, mind and soul. Once you've signed your life away in the recruiter's office, somewhere in the fine print you are officially the government's human guinea pig.

On a related note, Gulf War Syndrome, which many have attributed to an early version of an experimental anthrax vaccine.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I

Brilliant way to lower your suicide stats, increase your retention stats and give the pharmaceutical giants/lobby some pay back for campaign contributions.

Deserving of a star, if only for stupidity.

These troops have been to hell and back, they have suffered more mental trauma than you could ever suffer unless someone took away your keyboard. They have been shot, blown up, and they have seen their friends die, but YOU think it's all part of some evil agenda to "lower suicide stats".

The very thought of giving people with depression medication so they don't commit suicide - what insanity huh?

People in every day life are popping happy pills at an ever increasing rate, but it's somehow shocking and conspiratorial that troops in a war zone have mental trauma.

Get real, and then post.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Gives a whole new meaning to "performance enhancement drugs" and i think we can take the army fatigues labeled with "property of the u.s. army" literally... in body, mind and soul. Once you've signed your life away in the recruiter's office, somewhere in the fine print you are officially the government's human guinea pig.

On a related note, Gulf War Syndrome, which many have attributed to an early version of an experimental anthrax vaccine.

I watched a bull of a young man in the prime of his life wither away to almost nothing and then die over the course of half a decade as a result of suffering Gulf War Syndrome.

He himself was never quite sure if it was from unseen and unhidden gas attacks in enemy shelling or if it was simply from all the constant anti-virals that he and his fellow soldiers had to endure and take under order as a precaution against biological and chemical attacks.

Many state side Military Bases double as Federal Civilian Prison Camps where a small number of non violent offenders in the U.S. Criminal population are housed in seperate and segregated parts of the Military Camp but perform menial labor throughout the facilities as part of their sentence during 8 hour shifts 24 hours a day.

Amazingly this arangement works well as the Military enlisted personnel and even the Brass see little distinction between their own voluntary surrender to conscription with Uncle Sam and the inmates and felons involuntary conscription with Uncle Sam, in fact the Military often point out where prisoners have greater discretions and freedoms and less liability and responsibility that they do themselves often in an envious way.

Both are in fact property of Uncle Sam, the United States Government as wards of the State which will control where they will live, often how they will live, often what they will eat, where they will eat, what medicines and treatments they must take, where they must take them, and even sometimes suffer injury, loss of limb or life while functioning as that ward of the State.

More telling in how pressed Uncle Sam is as it struggles to field Military Personell for some 700 military bases in 47 different countries and two active war zones is the fact that two years ago Military Recruiters started accepting some convicted felons for subscription into the actual military as an enlisted man in lieu of other sentencing. This was a huge departure for a peace time army that prided itself on only taking high school and college graduates with clean criminal records.

So too was the fact that at the same time they upped the enlistement age to 42 years of age, meaning someone at the ripe old age of 42 could join and begin the process of being made combat ready and pledging their life and a certain period of time in which their life would be held in jeapordy by the State that would then have absolute authority and discretion over that life in today's Armed Services!

Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Gaurd where you always are an Army of One when you are the one getting shot at, blown up, dismembered, decapitated, tortured even if that torture is that required seperation from your loved ones and family to go do battle or be on gaurd for it from other people with loved ones and family far, far away, in a different world, in a different culture, where your only bridge and link back is Uncle Sam and doing what he says.

The above was not a paid for advertisement by the U.S. Armed Services

[edit on 21/5/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Many state side Military Bases double as Federal Civilian Prison Camps where a small number of non violent offenders in the U.S. Criminal population our housed in seperate and segregated parts of the Military Camp but perform menial labor throughout the facilities as part of their sentence during 8 hour shifts 24 hours a day.

Amazingly this arangement works well as the Military enlisted personnel and even the Brass see little distinction between their own voluntary surrender to conscription with Uncle Sam and the inmates and felons involuntary conscription with Uncle Sam, in fact the Military often point out where prisoners have greater discretions and freedomes and less liability and responsibility that they do themselves often in an envious way.

Really? Geez, when I was at Eglin, and I saw the guys in lock up there, I didn't think, "Those guys are just like me!!" Trust me, the Airmen do know the distinction between the cons and themselves. We aren't as stupid as John Kerry thinks we are.

But then again, those losers did get more living space in their cell than a couple of F15 maintenance troops. Or so the rumor went.

Both are in fact property of Uncle Sam, the United States Government as wards of the State that control where they will live, often how they will live, often what they will eat, where they will eat, what medicines and treatments they must take, where they must take them, and even sometimes suffer injury, loss of limb or life while functioning as that ward of the State.

Part of being in the service. If you don't know that before enlisting, you have bigger problems.

More telling in how pressed Uncle Sam is as it struggles to field Military Personell for some 700 military bases in 47 different countries and two active war zones is the fact that two years ago Military Recruiters started accepting some convicted felons for subsciption into the actual military as an enlisted man in lieu of other sentencing. This was a huge departure for a peace time army that prided itself on only taking highschool and college graduates with clean criminal records.

Well, there was a time when the judge would tell a guy "Two in jail or four in the Marines."

So too was the fact that at the same time they upped the enlistement age to 42 years of age, meaning someone at the ripe old age of 42 could join and begin the process of being made combat ready and pledging their life and a certain period of time in which their life would be held in jeapordy by the State that would then have absolute authority and discretion over that life in today's Armed Services!

I'm 44 and can out PT a lot of guys half my age.

Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard where you always are an Army of One when you are the one getting shot at, blown up, dismembered, decapitated, tortured even if that torture is that required seperation from your loved ones and family to go do battle or be on guard for it from other people with loved ones and family far, far away, in a different world, in a different culture, where your only bridge and link back is Uncle Sam and doing what he says.

Well, when a guy enlists, he should know what he's going to face. And just keep in mind that because people like me and my friend did enlist, you're kicked back, enjoying the freedom of not being conscripted into the military. When you're hanging out at the mall with your buddies, we're deployed downrange. But that's OK, not everyone can hack that mission.

Whatever.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by jerico65]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Deserving of a star, if only for stupidity. ...Get real, and then post.

It's good to see you are angry... it means you at least care... and you know what, so do i. That's why i think it's important to shed some light on this issue, unfortunately most either can't or refuse to look below the surface of these new band-aids.

What we have put our soldiers through is inexcusable. Their purpose has been grossly misused and abused. The rise in use of these medications is a sign that something is direly wrong. At least you recognize this... but who are you really angry with ... little ol' me? ... i am only a messenger.

A star for having a heart... even if it's misdirected.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
One of the reasons you're seeing the rise of meds usage is because of troop movements.

How long does it take to get a guy from Iraq to the US? He can be in running patrols one day, and that same day, be in Germany on his way to the US.

It's not like during WW2, when the guys got a chance to "decompress" and wind down from the fighting. And even then, how many know of friends or relatives that were alcoholics after WW2?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The whole post is brilliant and the punchline is priceless

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

A star for having a heart... even if it's misdirected.

Star right back atcha for the maturity of your response.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
this kind of thing isnt new though. in WWII Adolph had his tankers cooking meth in the back of their tanks to stay awake for days at a time in combat. thats why the one method of cooking it is referred to as the "nazi dope" method.

stuffs dangerous to make under ideal conditions i couldnt imagine doing it in a tank lol

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

In recent years, the number of military prescriptions for antidepressants, sleeping pills, and painkillers has risen as soldiers come home with battered bodies and troubled minds. And many of those service members are then sent back to war theaters in distant lands with bottles of medication to fortify them.

If you are into statistics, you must know that the people just living their day to day lives here in the US aren't doing any better. There are plenty of battered bodies and troubled minds not created by fighting wars.

If you took away all the soldiers that were on some sort of meds, would there be many left? Should we let them fight without meds? Should we let them carry weapons without meds?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Anti-depressants make you feel just plain weird. My (ex)girlfriend gave me a few welbutrin capsules to take one time and it felt like I went on a mild trip. Overall though, they made me feel like I was in kind of a dark place, similar to the effects of taking mushrooms or ecstasy(which i'm not advocating), but without the high, if that makes sense.

After doing a little research, I found that most of the Rx anti-depressants mimic street drugs in the way they regulate chemicals in your brain. Of course the docs think they've figured out how to dose everybody correctly, but I would assume that it's usually a trial and error process with most patients. It seems like there wouldn't be much room for the error part when you're in a war zone.

Ask anyone who's ever taken an hallucinogenic drug. There's a fine line between euphoria and complete and utter darkness and it all depends on the atmosphere.

I'd be willing to bet that most of the suicide victims in Iraq and Afghanistan were taking prescribed anti-depressants.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

Then maybe there is something to this...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I would like to point out for the record that neither guns nor drugs kill people though Dusty Hill of ZZ Top will tell you that they can lead to shooting yourself in the foot!

Politicians, Doctors and Pharmacists kill people!

While many people view the advent of the New World Order with some trepidation fearing their guns, or possibly their ammunition might be taken away...I believe it's better safe than sorry and have been...

Stocking up on Politicians, Doctors and Pharmacists!

When Marshall Law is finally declared and then lifted and the troops are making the rounds I will without hesitation or remorse...fire off, release and let slip my Politician who will convince the troops that they need to see a doctor...

Then I shall fire off, release and let loose my Doctor who will convince them that they suffer from what the Politician told them but in even more confusing and mystifying language and write them a perscription...

Then finally delivering the fate sealing blow I shall fire off, release and let slip my Pharmacist on them who will see that they are promptly medicated to a docile and otherwise manageable state...

I am confident this will be the winning strategy in rolling back the New World Order since let's face it, it was the winning strategy in bringing them to power!

I just wish they would hurry up and declare Marshall Law already the three of them make such a racket in my closet and lately have taken to listening to Broadway Show Tunes at all hours of the night!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

LMAO & Bravo

I think you might just have the right combination of punches in fighting fire with fire

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

LMAO & Bravo

I think you might just have the right combination of punches in fighting fire with fire

What can I say other than Natasha Kinski convinced me 'Putting our Fire with Gasoline' is the way to go when dealing with someone whose sailed for over a thousand years.

Of course that ego maniac David Bowie will try taking all the credit.

Though truth be known I am sure Stevie Ray Vaughn was behind it all...alas dead men tell no tails though.

The underlying reality is though that Organized Medicine functions in many ways as a controlled murder apparatus of the State and actively seeks to sedate, medicate, and sometimes purposefully agitate otherwise peaceful members of society who simply often have no real "Worthwhile" "Productive" potential.

Politicians, Media Personalities, and infomercials convince otherwise insecure and poorly educated people that an every day perfectly normal aspect of life and adolescence represents some scourge on society and being able to lead a healthy active life and hearing some small grain of truth in the lie, they adopt it as the truth. The Doctors step in for a fee of course to confirm this, which with the indegent the State is always happy in some way to pick up the tab to better control a 'worthless eater' at otherwise loose ends and enslaves them to a mind numbing, conscience altering highly addictive substance that either makes them so docile and unquestioning they never ask a question let alone an intelligent one, or so agitated and aggressive they perpetrate the behaviors that allow for reactionary greater intrusive and controlling powers on the part of the Government.

It's pretty telling when we are so failed as parents, mentors and gaurdians and teachers, that we have to send our own young children to school by first passing through metal detectors.

How long might it truly be before combat hardened vetrans are induced through mind altering substances to act out with extreme aggression in domestic situations?

We haven't seen Government try to lay the ground work for that recently in publishing not only that returning veterans might constitute a potential threat to the overall safety of society and it's stablity but added yet another divide and conquer political angle to it.

Do they know something that we don't know? Something that only the politicians, doctors and chemists only know?

What is the most prestigious Medical School in the Country? Johns Hopkins? Who owns and runs John Hopkins? The Russell Trust?

What else does the Russell Trust own and adminster?

Skull and Bones.

How did the Russell who founded Skull & Bones at Yale make his fortune?

Smuggling Opium!

So the number one drug peddler, establishes the number one facility to teach and train the doctors who perscribe them?

What else does the Russell Trust do? Well it's Chair Person also sits on Citi-Group's Board.

We only have handed Citi-Group whose principal preferred stock holders are some of the most wealthy men in the world 45 Billion plus Dollars lately...

Makes you really wonder just what kinds of Drugs the politicians and people have been on to do something like that?

Nancy Reagan had a conscience though...she tried telling everyone "Just say no to drugs"!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hey if anyone wants to look in-depth into these drugs, check out Erowid.

It's a site that provides information on the chemistry of psychoactive drugs as well as letting users document their experiences. Users of Rx anti-depressants report some of the weirdest side effects...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Article from Air Force Times a month ago

Suicide rates remain high:
Top officers urge ‘supportive climate’ for troubled troops

The suicide rates in all four services last year were higher than the national civilian average, and significantly higher in the Army and Marines, which saw overall increases.

That’s reflected in Marine Corps statistics. Amos said the most likely Marine to die by suicide is a Caucasian male, 18 to 24 years old, between the ranks of private and sergeant. The most likely cause: a failed relationship with a woman.

The Army’s high suicide rate is attributable in large part to deployment stress, Chiarelli said.

The Marine Corps, which along with the Army has borne the brunt of high deployment and combat action in Iraq and Afghanistan, is not so sure.

“We have been concerned that one outcome of the stress from operational deployments might be increased suicides,” Amos said. “However, to date, we have not seen that hypothesis prove out.”

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Of course the US military is going to have higher suicide rates than the civilian population.

When you go to work, do you have to fly in an aircraft full of fuel, pump out a buttload of RF, and have some dork on the ground shoot at you with AAA or anything else they can get their smelly hands on?

Just saying.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
War is blood and guts. It's wondering if your family back home is OK. It's also finding out your wife is cheating on you while you are killing people that you really don't want to kill.

If they didn't really want to kill, then why did they sign up to become soldiers?

Here's an easy way to deal with the stress - quit. That's right, quit.

Why sign up to be a political tool, invading and fighting on foreign soil? There's no glory being a soldier, it's a dead-end job. Maybe they need to take drugs to delude themselves into thinking that they are doing something morally 'right'.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Why sign up to be a political tool, invading and fighting on foreign soil? There's no glory being a soldier, it's a dead-end job. Maybe they need to take drugs to delude themselves into thinking that they are doing something morally 'right'.

People sign up for the military for a number of reasons. If I have to spell it out for you, you wouldn't understand. And they don't have to take drugs to "delude" themselves into thinking something different about themselves.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join