It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cola warning

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I drank 6 liters of coke on a daily basis for over 10 years. I cut back about 5 years ago to a daily intake of about 2 liters a day.

I seem to be doing fine. The only odd thing I might be able to associate it with is I have never had tarter build up.

Did have gall stones and had to have my gall bladder removed but everyone in my family also has had it removed.

Why did I drink so much? Easy I had to replace alcohol with something before it killed me so I chose coca-cola.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Daniem

Does that incude DR. P?
too

[edit on 093131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

THAT is the only question needing answering. Being a good Texan, i am a "Dr Pepper Totaller". Even been known to make an afternoon drive to Dublin for the good stuff from there.

The only other thing i might drink is the Mango-Limeade at Sonic, and occassionally some iced tea made at home.

This seriously all boils down to two things:

1. "Let the buyer beware". In the US we should not regulate everything. We should just make sure consumers know that it is their responsibility to not over indulge.

2. "All things in moderation". The human body is not meant to drink that crap without respite. If it makes you sick to drink only soda's and you are shocked by it, then you are likely needing a helmet to get through the day without hurting yourself.

When i was a kid we took computer clases in BASIC programming (late 80's). A term we had to learn was GIGO - Garbage in, garbage out. Seems to make sense here, too.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It also zaps your liver which might explain why your muscles might not work too well too.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I drink around 3-4 Pepsis after school every day. I dont think it is bothering me any. I havent broken a bone, so they must not b getting weakened. The only reason Cola i bad is because it lowers potasium? Cause you can just some bananas and get that right back. I think this is to just detour people from drinking Colas to lower the Obeseity rate, which is believed to be caused mostly by carbonated drinks. And dont drinks diet, it is worse.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiConspirator
I drink around 3-4 Pepsis after school every day. I dont think it is bothering me any. I havent broken a bone, so they must not b getting weakened. The only reason Cola i bad is because it lowers potasium? Cause you can just some bananas and get that right back. I think this is to just detour people from drinking Colas to lower the Obeseity rate, which is believed to be caused mostly by carbonated drinks. And dont drinks diet, it is worse.

I'm not trying to be mean here but I'm betting your not in shape either. If your in school then your still young so you might not be too fat yet but just keep at it and your body will hate you later in life for drinking that much. That's just bad parenting that was done for anyone to grow up thinking drinking 3-4 cola's a day is a good choice to make in life.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Like all things in life. To much of good thing isn't a good thing. 1 or 2 isn't going to kill you.

If all you drink is pop, I'm from Oklahoma all cola is known as pop or coke, then yes you will see a decrease in your health.

For every coke(coke as in Mountain Dew)I drink, I drink 3 glasses of water. Everything in moderation and a good supply of water is all that is needed.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Also dont forget that most sodas contain Sodium Benzonate and citric acid. When combined they form small amount of Benzene(carcinogen).

scialert.net...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.foodnavigator-usa.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Also Mountain Dew and other citrus sodas contain a substance called Brominated Vegetable oil. It is an emulsifier used to prevent separation of oils and by making them water soluble. This substance has been linked to many health problems and is banned in most countries besides the US.

Thank You FDA

en.wikipedia.org...

www.sandiegoreader.com...

wiki.answers.com...

www.associatedcontent.com...

Drink up and enjoy.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Your an idiot if you drink that amount.Seriously whats wrong with people.I myself love coke and will often have A glass but if i tried to drink that much id be sick im sure.People who over indulge in stuff they know is bad for them deserve everything they get.Its the price for stupidity

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Your an idiot if you drink that amount.Seriously whats wrong with people.I myself love coke and will often have A glass but if i tried to drink that much id be sick im sure.People who over indulge in stuff they know is bad for them deserve everything they get.Its the price for stupidity

Well that and being stupid.

Two lines for all my homies.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Haha toushe(sp?)

To keep the brothers happy ill add another line

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Cola has been produced to keep us under some sort of control. You see cola everywhere in the world. Even in the poorest parts of Africa you will see a cola sign, everyday more or less everyone sees the word coke or cola. Its subliminal message and it will carry on for years to come!

David Wilcock in his '2012 Enigma' talks about soda and how too much is bad and yeah everyone knows that this is true. Everyone knows its full of sugar, it rots your teeth, its bad for your body. Yet people still love a nice cold glass of coke. For anyone who hasnt seen the 2012 Enigma see below.

www.youtube.com...

I havent had a glass of coke for around 4 weeks now. That may not seem alot but i used to drink coke everyday without fail and yeah it is addictive, theres nothing nicer than having a glass of cold coke. But now im just drinking dilute or orange juice and to be honest i have felt a difference in my body over this past month. I feel cleaner and my urine isnt its normal yellow, it clean and pure. To me thats because ive been drinking more water and cleansing my body.

Wilcock talks about how there is flouride in soda, in our tooth paste and how this could be some way to supress our 'pineal gland'. I reckon the governments created this poison to keep us under some sort of control. To keep us buying it, to keep there business floating and to keep creating billons of dollars a year. I mean cola even made Santa Claus red in there first every advert back in the 1920's i think. And i think of it this way, every child born today thinks of Santa being a big buy with white beard and wearing his large red outfit, when this is a lie!!!! Santa to every child is special but has been manipulated years ago to suit a profitable business! Its a joke!

What do you guys think? Do you think in 100yrs time coke will still be hear?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My guess is that since coke causes the body to retain water the result is an electrolyte-water imbalance in the body which, in turn, causes Hypokalemia(Low Blood Patassium).

I stopped drinking sodas about 3 or 4 years ago. It's amazing what that alone can do for your health and physique.

-Dev

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

A pregnant woman who regularly consumed up to three litres a day for the last six years and complained of tiredness, appetite loss and persistent vomiting.

Sorry, but this is completely stupid.
Drink 3 liters a day of any kind of beverage will # you up.
Even 3 liters of orange juice could cause you problems, like i nausea, diarrhea and so on.

Actually, ANYTHING you eat/dring excessively will cause you problems.

You wont die if you eat one BigMac a week, or if you eat a Pizzaor have a Beer or a small dose of Whisky and so onnnnn.....

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Caffines diuretic effect has the protensity to leech potassium from the body, one must maintain a healthy diet- but I would guess Cola drinkers don't have this high on the agenda.
I personally would not trust anything produced by C.C Amatil, which is a problem; they have now entered the juice market.
Get ready for juice with no nutritional content!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Born, raised, and still live in Texas, and I have to say that I have never liked DP. My mom thinks I'm crazy.

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
1. "Let the buyer beware". In the US we should not regulate everything. We should just make sure consumers know that it is their responsibility to not over indulge.

I agree with you to a certain point. Have you ever heard of "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair? Or the Schechter Brother's "sick chicken case?" Both are prime examples of what can happen when there is no regulation in a food industry. I would be all for no government regulation if it wasn't for the fact that human nature will kick in and people at the top of these companies will say "screw it" and let just about anything happen.

While people should know that a coke a day could keep the doctor a very happy person, I still think that if it truly is bad enough to do things like rot your teeth or cause excessive weight gain, then maybe the government should step in and look to see if there is something there that is truly harmful that the normal, everyday person wouldn't know about.

I drink a good Coke Cola a day, sometimes two. Regardless, I try to drink a lot of water to compensate. I'll also be the first to admit that I can become cranky when I don't have my soda fix, that should be a big, neon-flashing warning to me, but for some reason I can't seem to quit the stuff.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

I have no issue with regulations. Keep antibiotics out of my milk, for example.

I do not think that this issue relates to true food safety.

Listen, if they want to regulate cola, then they need to also regulate things like nitrates, phosphorous, and other chemicals used in our foods as preservatives, etc. But our nation was designed so that this would not really be necessary. Using agents that are known to cause health hazards in any dose is assault, and violates the basic laws of our land. Using agents that, when ingested in large quantities, causes health issues is seemingly required. Enough of anything can kill you.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

This is definitely true. When i was away at school for a period of 3-4 months or so I drank a ton of pop or cola.....and I lost weight but I grew weaker.

I went from a healthy 155-160 to about 138 within a few months because I was at school all day and when i got back would eat not so well and drink way too much pop. The most I've ever drank in a given period in my life and I can tell you that was the least Healthy I have been in my life.

It also drained my energy significantly to the point I just could not focus in class and lacked any motivation or drive to want to study or work out or anything.

I drank more pop in that year , 2007, than I have in all of 2005,2006,2008,and 2009 combined.

I rarely drink pop ever and if I do it's the occasional Mountain Dew. Love the taste but know how bad it is.

I myself am a huge water drinker. I constantly either have a glass or a bottle of water right next to me. The only time I don't have a bottle of water with me when I leave my house if when I'm going out to the bar to drink .

I would say I drink at 8-10 glasses of water a day......Like 20 oz glasses about and water is so good for you even with all the # they put in it, it is still far better for you than pop.

Sorry for the pop reference but I'm from Michigan and supposedly from what I hear from talking to people, we are pretty much the only state that calls it pop instead of cola or soda.

I think it's normal . What I find more weird is people everywhere else, especially the south call everything Coke ? Why ? Coke is a brand not a type of beverage.

At least pop contains part of the original word Soda-pop.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I only drink RO water straight from my Merlin RO Filtration system. Have been drinking RO for 12 yrs now and perfect bill of health. Sodas have mostly tap water in them, why medicate yourself on that crap?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Oh, OK. I misread part of your post and responded accordingly. Sorry about that.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I have learned the hard way that the diet drinks are even worse. I have gained a lot of weight since I started drinking diet drinks. Ever seen a skinny person drink diet? No it is usually fat people; I think there is a connection. I started having protein in my urine and feeling bad. I have switched back to regular soda and am trying to wean off of them. I think the things are as addictive as any other drug. I am a complete ars if I do not have a soda. I am not a fan of water but I keep telling myself I love it hoping I can make myself like it and drink more. I have a family member who used to be an executive of Pepsi and he said they know that diet drinks are addictive and cause weight gain. It is all a profit thing just like everything else, get us hooked drain us dry then kill us off.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join