It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cola warning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Too much cola zaps muscle power

news.bbc.co.uk...

Excessive cola consumption can lead to anything from mild weakness to profound muscle paralysis, doctors are warning.

This is because the drink can cause blood potassium to drop dangerously low.

A pregnant woman who regularly consumed up to three litres a day for the last six years and complained of tiredness, appetite loss and persistent vomiting.

It was revealed that she had an irregular heartbeat, probably caused by her low blood potassium levels.

Once she stopped drinking so much cola, she made a full and uneventful recovery.

Many people risk problems due to their intake.

Have anyone experienced similar symptoms? Im rethinking my intake right now

Excessive consumption has already been linked with obesity, diabetes and tooth and bone problems.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Daniem]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A friend of mine has an uncle which has close relations to researchers of the effects of cola in your body/bones. He told me (about 5 years ago) that they discovered that after drinking Coca Cola on a daily basis, they would be able to see the breaking down of the person's bones already within 14 days. He also told that the Coca Cola Corporation had paid them large sums of money to trash the results.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I agree!
They should not be allowed to sell this #!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Awwww man

I drink a big bottle of this everyday, I'm extra naughty too, because my two front teeth were eroding at the top showing my gums and stuff. I went to the dentist and he says it's because I drink Coke. He said McDonalds introuduced that little tip at the end of the straws so the coke sprays under the teeth.

IDK if I have the will power to stop drinking Coke, as I get cravings and get a tad angry if I don't have my Coke... LOL i sound like a friggin child. but it's true. Coke, to me is nice.

I am constantly tired yet I cannot sleep during the night. I have no job and sit here wasting my life away.... but atleast I have my Coke

Just to finish off, I used to play football (soccer) religiously and now I'm super unfit. thanks Coke!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I few years ago, my daughter and I did an elementary school project. We put one of her baby tooth tied to a string and hung it inside a resealed can of Pepsi to keep the carbonation in it. After 2 weeks, the tooth was dissolved. Imagine All the baby boomers who have been drinking carbonated beverages for the last 40 years. Osteoporosis??

miss type

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Alchemst7]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaana
I agree!

Why shouldnt they be able to sell this? A person can decide what is right or wrong for them. We dont need the government to protect us from CocaCola.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Does that incude DR. P?
too

[edit on 093131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
KIDNEY STONES

Don't forget kidney stones. Drinking dark colas significantly increases the chances of getting kidney stones. Ya'll dont' want that! I have kidney stones.

I used to drink boatloads of diet caffine free pepsi.

Now I only drink it if I'm sick and so clogged up that I need something to cut through the junk in my chest.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Damien

i don't think seriously its the coke that's causing her potassium levels to fall
if you drank three lites of any fluid a day this would cause this , bearing in mind that is probably the minimum she drank of any fluid.
i think that's why they give you dialite when you have dihoaria, to stabilise the body's chemicals, just my own opinion

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
thank GOD i gave up drinking these kind of drinks 12 years ago and also made my wife and children stop drinking this good for nothing fuzzy drinks.

believe me people there is nothing good in these drinks , and also i lost more than 10 Kg later.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I never been a big drinker of the cola stuff and never will, Water is my favorite drink and has been all my life.

Good luck for those that can not get away from the junk and to think that now a days you see that nasty stuff in the bottles of babies like it was baby juice.

No wonder the food and drug administration paid by big corporate and pharma rats doesn't want people to become to literate about what they put in their bodies, because that is their money train to have people addicted to junk food and then be milked by big pharma.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Yup. Just like with cigarette smoking. It's not really addictive and people can stop any time they feel like it.

I understand what you are saying here. I don't want the government involved with my life anymore than is necessary. However, I fear they will use this information as an excuse to get involved.

More to the smoking link though. If anyone here feels that Coke or Pepsi is not an addicitive substance you have to be kidding yourselves. It is very addictive and VERY bad for us. I have finally been able to cut it out of my life. I'll be honest with you, it was a pretty painful few days.

Painful you ask? Well, yes. I suffered massive headaches for three days straight. What from? I don't know. The caffeine? The high fructose corn syrup which, as the new commercials say, is made from corn so it is good for you!

What a bunch of crap that is.

Anyway, it's not as addictive as smoking (at least as far as I know since I don't smoke) but it has its seductiveness.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
reply to post by Damien

i don't think seriously its the coke that's causing her potassium levels to fall
if you drank three lites of any fluid a day this would cause this , bearing in mind that is probably the minimum she drank of any fluid.
i think that's why they give you dialite when you have dihoaria, to stabilise the body's chemicals, just my own opinion

Actually, I think there is more to it than that. You are right with what you are saying but cola actually influences the level of potassium in the body causing it to fall. It's the crap that is in these drinks that do this. I forgot where I read this before but I know that this is not the first time I have heard this.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
All colas are alien wee wee.

Don't touch the stuff LOL.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I too get very irritable when I don't get my daily Coke intake. I am sad to say I do have a Coke problem and it's turning into a pricey one.

All jokes aside if I was the suing type I would persue a class action suit against the Coca Cola Corp for not putting a warning label on thier product. We know caffine is addictive and they know it too but still sell thier product to the masses knowing that it will only make them buy more. Remember what tabacco companies have gone through for selling a product they know is addictive and harmful without informing the end product purchaser? Then too I'm thinking about a lawsuit against R.J. Reynolds because I don't have cancer, it says on the box " Smoking causes Heart Disease, Lung Disease, Cancer and Emphasima, and MAY complicate Pregnacy" I've been using thier product as a legal suicide facilitator and haven't gotten sick yet after 15 years of one pack a day. That my friends is false advertising. I just the other day read a thread here about the FDA coming down on Cherrioes for improperly labeling thier product as healthy, yet they have failed to crack down on an industry that we know as unhealthy.

I guess all jokes were'nt aside like I said I'm not the lawsuit type & before I get flamed about the tobacco comment I'm not really promoting smoking assisted suicide more just a satire about suit happy America. That doesn't mean when I see the commercial on TV about the class action suit against Coke I won't call. I started using thier product long before I could even understand a warning label, they have alot of my money,& all I get is a headache & crabby as all get out when I don't have a Coke so why not. Oh wait.. I did pay for a Coke so I did get the most refreshing, bubbly delicious, caffinated drream beverage on Earth what do I have to complain about? GO COKE!!! Says the addict.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Soda is all I ever drink and have none of these symptoms. But I eat alot of stuff that is extra high in potassium like bananas and things like that so maybe my body makes me compensate?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

Originally posted by Gaana
I agree!

Why shouldnt they be able to sell this? A person can decide what is right or wrong for them. We dont need the government to protect us from CocaCola.

Well it isn't exactly true that we are given the authority to decide what is or isn't right for us in many cases.

But of course we should be in charge of our own bodies and what is taken into them, by the same token we should be made aware of the risks of the products sold so that we are more able to make a good decision for ourselves.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I also think it should be noted the discussion is about Cola, which does include Pepsi, RC and the others.

Or is it carbonated beverages in general?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Person drank 3 liters a day and had tons of issues but kept drinking it. It's not Coke or Pepsi causing the issues its morons. Does it really need a label that says drinking tons of this could be bad for you?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I drink alot of diet coke.
I like the caffeine.

I'm seriously rethinking my consumption right now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join