It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Postal workers in BNP leaflet row

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Vote for ME. and not for the BNP , my leaflets online only and doesn't need to be delivered by the postal service...

here follow's my manifesto.

No more tax rises for teh next 2 years
Better management of the national health service and social security system. - More staff and less managers, better sanitation of hospitals.

Better transport and infrastructure, more transport options including electric and green fuel.- more environmental options including solar and wind and less dependance on fossil fuels.

No more funding for Dept of Defense projects but more equipment for current forces. - no more useless spending on 'futuristic aircraft designs for at least 4 years, buying better armour and ammunition for current forces.

Release of all documentation and/or technology to make not only the UK but the world a better , safer place for us and future generations

No more 'expenses' claiming allowed - after all Politicians are on a fairly decent wage and should pay for their own chocolate bars and bags of manure.

Better management of immigration - with screening of applicants, and deporting of those not supposed or legally entitled to be in the country.
Unification of all political groups and total transparency of all descisions affecting the country.

Total liablity and accountability of political staff. If a political member is found to expoliting his position for personal or financial gain then said individual wil be suspended pending investigation.

Better schooling for our children - schools can decide their own curriculum and pupils allowed to choose their own places of education including home schooling ( with exceptions for exams and credible qualifications).

VOTE DATAWRAITH - Your means to a better , brighter future

[edit on 20/5/09 by DataWraith]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Originally posted by AR154
I disagree, it is to do with impartiality. Too many people are "offended", too many things "offensive". We need to start moving away from that. If someone doesn't like a certain political party, then you don't vote for them, you have that freedom. Denying material that advocates a party you oppose...isn't that worse? Sounds a bit selective.

Thing is that i don't see them as a political party.
I see them as a group of ignorant, racist fools who now dress up to spout their bigotry and hatred of non-whites.

If more people stood up against these bigots then perhaps we would have a more understanding and tolerant society.

Let's say that it was an "all Pakistani" party....and they were calling for whites to be booted out of England and subtly being racist in everything they did.... and they were going round drumming up and inciting racial hatred.... would you feel the same then?

[edit on 20/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Originally posted by Nammu

I have to agree with you AR154. At first i was thinking 'Excellent! Go the postal workers!', then I thought about what the implications might be. We're leaving it up to them to not deliver mail that they deem to be offensive.

No we're not.

It was an agreement that was reached in 2005 called the "conscience clause"
that was implemented to stop hateful literature being posted.

So maybe some Christian postal guy might decide he's not delivering this month's newsletter for the local mosque, or maybe a Jewish postal worker might decide my local 'Digger' newspaper is anti-semetic, or a Muslim postal worker decides a magazine article is offensive.
At the end of the day, they're there to deliver the mail, not to police it.

That's not even the same thing.... because it's not offensive.
Now if the "Christian postal guy" was calling for the deportation of jews or Muslims...then yes, it would be an issue.

Simply having a belief doesn't come into it.... it is having and supporting bigoted, hateful and racist views that is the issue here.

[edit on 20/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I dont like the BNP but this is disgraceful,the royal mail has absolute no right or justification for this.If some postal workers dont want to post these campaign leaflets they should be fired on the spot,exactly what would happen in any other circumstance.The fact people agree with this censorship in a supposedly free and democratic nation is appalling to say the least

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Originally posted by boaby_phet
normaly i woudl be with the previous replier and be full of anger that the posties are deciding what to deliver... in this case though, its really for a greater good.

if i was a postie i wouldnt deliver them either. any one that disagrees.. ask yourself, would you publicly hand out leaflets that promote a party that are built on racisist views and fashist agendas? i know i wouldnt.
l

Exactly...this is not some decent political party being denied their democratic right....this is a party of racism and of hatred, spewing their hatred through our letterboxes and I'm glad the PO is seeing this in the way they have.

And yes...it is for the greaty good.... it is for decency and morality.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

this is a party of racism

And the three main parties aren't racist? for instance in the area i live if you are black, white, Indian Sikh or even oriental in decent you get nothing of the local council, this is due to the heads of the local mosques telling their members to only vote for whoever has to most pro Muslim agenda and the councillors realising that if they want to stay in power and continue their personal little power trip they have to continue to apease the Muslim community. This has led to a situation where in the local cometary the Muslim graves have had a big wall built around them and gates fitted and key's given to the local Muslims (all at taxpayers expense) to stop them being desecrated whilst the rest of us have to put up with our relatives last resting place left wide open to abuse (many graves including my grandparents were desecrated just a few years ago) the local council is also talking about spending several millions on a "Muslim Garden" and have already spent many hundreds of thousands of pounds in the Muslim communities to "deradicalise" them, and this obviously didn't work as two of the liquid bombers came from around here.

So with blatant bias towards one community like this is it any wonder that people will vote BNP? and in all honesty if it is OK for the three main parties to be biased towards one racial group in this way then how can it be wrong for the BNP to want to focus on one community as well?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by solidshot]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

this is a party of racism

Originally posted by solidshot
And the three main parties aren't racist?

Well reading through their manifestos... i would have to say no.
However, reading through the BNP's, it's a different story.

So with blatant bias towards one community like this is it any wonder that people will vote BNP? and in all honesty if it is OK for the three main parties to be biased towards one racial group in this way then how can it be wrong for the BNP to want to focus on one community as well?
[edit on 20-5-2009 by solidshot]

The thing is i don't see it as biased.

And i think you were talking about "Muslims?"
They are NOT a racial group.... but a religious one.

But then your post speaks volumes to me anyway.

Cheers

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The thing is i don't see it as biased.

So what is it about spending all of your time helping one ethnic group and ignoring all all others be they Black,White, Indians, Sikhs or oriental in decent don't you think is being biased?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Any BNP stuff I get will be put in the bin instantly,there currently posting vids online at sites like youtube while spreading their hate for muslims

I despice these these little bully boys,and hope not many people are going to be foolish enough to vote for them in local elections!

I expect this lot would fiddle their accounts more than all the other parties put together

I'm a english man,and proud too but theres not a chance in hell I would want these thugs speaking for me

The post office workers should by law post any leaflet from the parties involved,but I can see some people over reacting to having their letter box filled with BNP scare mongering and taking it out on the poor sod delivering the mail!

Best thing we can do is move our bins outside the front door and leave instructions on it for the postal workers to put BNP stuff right in it

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Think about it mate.

Just think how many of these people got to the UK.

the abuse that they've suffered over the years.

But yeah.... whatever.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
Any BNP stuff I get will be put in the bin instantly,there currently posting vids online at sites like youtube while spreading their hate for muslims
I despice these these little bully boys,and hope not many people are going to be foolish enough to vote for them in local elections!

Yep....and if you dig around enough...you can see the really nasty stuff the BNP have done... and the kind of people involved and the mentality they have.

And unfortunately...there are a lot of annoyed and also a lot of ignorant people out there.

People who think that the BNP has Britains best interests at heart.

People are fed up with the immigration problem in this country and i do understand that.... but the BNP are focusing solely on that and are going to win a lot of votes because of peoples frustrations.
It's sad....

If they got in (which i know would NEVER happen).... it would be Nazi Germany all over again.

I'm a english man,and proud too but theres not a chance in hell I would want these thugs speaking for me

Me too mate... and seriously.

A vote for the BNP is a vote for racism and bigotry.

If people vote BNP knowing full well what they are and what they stand for...and knowing something about the BNP's history.... then those people ARE racist.... and they are supporting racism.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

If your talking about in their own country lets not forget that the Indian leaders at the time did not want the partition to happen it was the Pakistani leaders who wanted that, it is also the Pakistani people who continue to elect corrupt governments and stand by whilst the Military plot and execute coup's and anyway why is this the responsibility of the British people? they wanted their country back and we gave it to them along with financial handouts since (most of which has been squandered) and you really haven't explained how concentrating all of your attention on one group of people and totally ignoring all others is not biased and potentially racist?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Unfortunately people are so disgusted and disillusioned by the current political climate, that I fear the BNP will do extremely well in the upcoming euro and local elections.
I would NEVER vote for them cos to me they're still the national front behind the facade.
People never, ever trust them please.
We need a complete change of direction in this country but they are certainly not the answer.
and in their leaflet showin" british jobs for british workers"--the models were actually american !!
I rest my case.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

No I'm talking about the workers being brought over as cheap labour.

After the Second World War the advanced capitalist economies, particularly those in Europe, required immigration and they actively recruited labour. Britain, France and the Netherlands drew workers from their former colonies
I suppose after we had "used" them.....we should have sent them back right?

(which isn't really the issue, the issue is the hatred and racism that the BNP spout and how any decent person would be totally opposed to this "party" )

We have a multicultural society which is great....we have to be equal to everybody...

For to long we have tolerated racism and brushed it under the carpet.
It's now out there and is being discussed all the time.... the BNP are a disgusting bunch of people....and they do nothing for the country and nothing for politics.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

Unfortunately people are so disgusted and disillusioned by the current political climate, that I fear the BNP will do extremely well in the upcoming euro and local elections.
I would NEVER vote for them cos to me they're still the national front behind the facade. People never, ever trust them please.
We need a complete change of direction in this country but they are certainly not the answer.
and in their leaflet showin" british jobs for british workers"--the models were actually american !!
I rest my case.

I totally agree... and i think we do need change in our country and our government.

I just don't think that a party of racist people and bigoted views will help anyone in the long run.

Unfortunately, as you say.... i can also see them doing well because they are focusing their campaign on the issues they know are bothering people.
Europe and Immigration...

But they are deplorable and completely against everything that we stand for.

I hope people realize that they are, as you say the NF in suits basically.
They are pure and utter racsim.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

No I'm talking about the workers being brought over as cheap labour.

We have a multicultural society which is great....we have to be equal to everybody...

And the Pakistanis were the only group to come over during that period? lets not forget about the people from the Caribbean India and many other former colonies who worked hard and made something of their lives and who's children went on to very successful in many cases. And who has a problem with a multicultural society? as long as everyone is being treated equally? but as i have been saying in this thread when one group is getting all of the attention whilst everyone else is being ignored then that is bias/racism which means the top three parties are just as bad as the BNP just not as open about it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i would if i could vote for a bnp candidate..i hate the EU and all the crap that comes by being a member....alas n.ireland just has the usual runners...

CX

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't see a problem with the posties refusing to deliver these leaflets, especially if they could get hassle for doing so.

Not that i would ever vote BNP, but after the mess over the politicians expenses, i thought more people might lean towards parties like the BNP.

Then i read about the flier they sent put slagging off the gurkha's......so as far as i'm concerned they could take a run and jump. If they did stop the gurkha's coming to this country and fighting with us, i'd recommend every member of the BNP taking their places.

Like that would happen.

CX.

[edit on 20/5/09 by CX]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

that is the biggest irony of the situation.

Bnp are soo against europe, but the upcoming elections are for european parliment ? .,. what exactly are they going to do, go to every parliment sitting and disagree with everything?

on their leaflet their sending out it says ..

"no to EU rule and the euro

No to immigration and unnemployment (errr... what??)

no to high taxes and rip off britain"

as euro ministers, im fairly sure they will have nothing to do with taxes or fixing their so called "rip of britain", i really doubt a few euro ministers are going to be able to say no to euro rule and the euro ... (wouldnt that be up to government and not their euro reps).. and the clincher..

how the hell are immigration and unemployment linked?? jobs are scarce for everyone atm, and the "immigrants" do as much for our ecconomy as a whole as everyone else does, they work (alot of the times doing the jobs noone else actualy wants to do), they pay taxes and spend their money in britain.

its the irony of it that kills me .. if they were so much against europe, why try and get in their parliment ??!?! it defys logic.. surely they shoudl be trying to get uk government seats so they can get out of europe ? not the other way round.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

No to immigration and unnemployment (errr... what??)

no to high taxes and rip off britain"

as euro ministers, im fairly sure they will have nothing to do with taxes or fixing their so called "rip of britain", i really doubt a few euro ministers are going to be able to say no to euro rule and the euro ... (wouldnt that be up to government and not their euro reps).. and the clincher..

how the hell are immigration and unemployment linked?? jobs are scarce for everyone atm,

The point they are trying to make is that we send the EU £40million per day of taxpayers money even though this is an organisation so corrupt that it's own accountants haven't signed off on their own accounts for many years, So they are aiming to fight them from within by pointing out all of the corruption they find in the same way UKIP is.

How is Immigration and unemployment linked? probably by things like this

Thousands of contract workers at oil and gas plants in England and Wales are staging unofficial strikes in protest over the use of foreign labour.

Union shop steward Jason Smith said a contracting firm's decision to only employ Polish labour for a phase of work had got "everybody's backs up".

BBC

How can it be right that when more and more British people are being tossed into unemployment every day that so many jobs are going to people from overseas?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join