It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New telescopes discover moving objects, puzzling ESA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
well now, this is interesting.

gonna keep my eye on this one

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Star and flag, good find, this is very interesting stuff....imaging the other photo not developed yet...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Not only is this an interesting catch, details are everything and the casual observer may miss certain anomalies.

If you watch the animation carefully, you can see small anomalies or satellites pop in and out appearing to orbit the main objects. I took some screen caps to illustrate this feature:

Now with this in mind re-watch this footage carefully you can see the "small objects".

The smaller objects seem to fade in and out surrounding the main objects... even more curious. What are these smaller objects ? Possibly lights or beacons on the satellites?

I believe that these are the anomalies the article was describing, 5 and 6..

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Alter-Ego]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Translation

With a telescope to make images of the sky, which is generally known. That in such a picture two other telescopes appear, well, then fair enough. But when the two graduated in telescopes already 100,000 km on the way to its destination orbit around the L2 point 1.5 million kilometers "behind" the Earth has been, it's already something special. Just get those shots to the team at ESA's OGS telescope (Optical Ground Station) at the Teide volcano on Tenerife, and the telescopes are of course depicted yesterday launched space probes Herschel and Planck. One sees on the first series of recordings that were made yesterday evening (14.5.2009) for about 19 minutes created a tripartite group of objects, which is the Herschel infrared telescope, the telescope to measure the cosmic background radiation and the Planck Payload Adapter SYLDA, which will start with a colon is used. At some distance (in the chosen field of view, however, not seen), the observer also burned ESC-A upper stage of Ariane-5-missile exercise. The apparent magnitude of the upper and Herschel was around +13.5, which Planck is about +14. Tonight, the objects due to the larger distance again lichtschwächer appear. Good luck on your long journey, Herschel and Planck! (The mentioned OGS telescope team includes employees of the company's Space Research Aboa O / Y, Ataman SLU Science and Astronomical Institute of the University of Bern. I would like to thank Tim Flohr Aboa of Space Research for his remarks)

Ariane 5, Herschel and Planck observed from ESA Optical Ground Station in Tenerife

Objects identified. Works for me and star for you.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Must be made expressly to exhibit the great navigation systems
we put on our saucers.
Enjoy.

Like the guru that knows when ufos appear, the science community
gets the word where to look and we do the job for them.

Most ufo footage must be from official sources that are proclaimed
as random.

Unless one goes to a ufo hot spot, the chances are so slim that
skeptics just have no chance to think any might be a working
machine.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Further details that explain what the 'anomalies' are...the text refers to the animated image linked in the OP and can be seen by linking to the article below...

The images were taken a few hours after separation starting at about 23:30 CEST. Four bright objects are clearly visible, three of them - Herschel, Planck and the Sylda - form a clear triplet moving in coordination in the centre. The fourth object is presumed to be the upper stage of the Ariane 5. They were travelling at an altitude of about 100 000 km. Both of these sophisticated satellites were lofted into space on an Ariane 5 from Europe's Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, at 15:12 CEST, Thursday, 14 May 2009.

ESA's cosmic explorers in flight: stunning images from ground and space

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Maybe its finaly the so called invasion fleet that TPTB have been waiting for to return? Yeah I know that sounds a bit weird, but it could be. And it took another agency not NASA to put it out. Didn't the webbot say something along these lines?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hi Threre Wise Ones...

If it floats bye it's possibly space junk, if it changes direction rapidly or dose a U turn and shoots off, thats when we have something to talk about guys.

Yes there is so much chit floating up there it's sickening, I think when we do have a better and safer space program, we all should chip in for a BIG clean up.

There is lots off stuff sitll up there that needs to be brought back, all this should be studyed and put on display in space museums around the world, there is million's of dollar's worth of space junk up there that can come home......

Nice find thou, it could be them...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by errorist

Nice reporting, to me its ESA sending out a pm about troublesome space junk around Herschel and Planck, the picture was taken from earth, its a way for esa to monitor the super expensive equipment? Can it be Sylda, booster remains? Something went cahoo up there? No clue.

S&F of course.

[edit on 2009/5/19 by reugen]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kernoonos
If it floats bye it's possibly space junk, if it changes direction rapidly or dose a U turn and shoots off, thats when we have something to talk about guys.

No! if it changes direction then they call that an ice crystals in debunking terms. It looks like alien formation to me, but i will make that leap of faith "what the hell!"

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

mott! long time no see!

clicky!
www.youtube.com...

if they call it ice crystals, i will laugh...alot.
but there is a chance that it's entirely mundane.
what i'd be looking for is something else in the pictures that might be
even more interesting.
ya never know.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by undo]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
With everyday that goes by our technology grows better and I would think our government will have to say something before the peoples prove there are ships and aliens themselves.

There are many abductee's/experiencers right here at ATS that are ignored in many ways .......... its a shame there words are not listened to.

I sit here and wait the day you know. Only then will I feel the ones that tried to tell you about ufo's and alien's will have there day and they deserve it.

I give a star and flag

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i wish they would make 90' turn..even for that we would find some "rational" explanation

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Excellent find.

You know, it's sad to think that if this is space junk we have started to pollute our surrounding universe. It's a sad thought.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alter-Ego
Not only is this an interesting catch, details are everything and the casual observer may miss certain anomalies.

If you watch the animation carefully, you can see small anomalies or satellites pop in and out appearing to orbit the main objects. I took some screen caps to illustrate this feature:

Now with this in mind re-watch this footage carefully you can see the "small objects".

The smaller objects seem to fade in and out surrounding the main objects... even more curious. What are these smaller objects ? Possibly lights or beacons on the satellites?

I believe that these are the anomalies the article was describing, 5 and 6..

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Alter-Ego]

Wow this picture is doing the rounds on the net I had stumble on it earlier today in a search.

Ok I think we have to take into account there's 74 layers in that .GIF
Original .gif : which is why there's quick white splash spots.

Slowed down to 1600ms:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0ad0e49cb52.gif[/atsimg]

Zelong.

[edit on 19/5/09 by Zelong]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Doesn't most of the space junk that's up there eventually burn up safely (a loose term) into our atmosphere due to orbital decay? The only ones who need to worry about it are the astronauts when on a spacewalk or, other equipment, satellites, etc. that may cross the debris' path, right?

I suppose they could use the space junk for target practice with all those space based weapons that aren't supposed to exist as well, yes?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kroenen
i wish they would make 90' turn..even for that we would find some "rational" explanation

Problem is, they are in space. What possible reason could they have to turn any angle? It's the fastest way to get somewhere, from point A to point B.

It wouldn't make sense to randomly change direction if they are going somewhere.

That is, if they are indeed controlled craft.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Could be anything really if you ask me, space junk, a meteor breaking apart, satalites in close proximity. Unfortunately we will never really know for sure no matter what people try and tell us. IMO

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

Yeah... I agree, deff. a illuminated space ballons(sp)..lol

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
With no information on aperture, exposure, lens, how can anyone say anything? This would most likely be space junk in orbit, old satellite chunks. they'll always appear round when giving off sun's reflection.

If you have something more on it, love to hear it.
They are alive? It's a manned craft? What? Are you 18 yet?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join