It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can women fix "it"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Aye, the changes in the 80's and 90's did a lot to the system but the process of lending a fraction, of what is essentially depositors gold, out at INTEREST is the crux of the problem and has been around legitimately since during the 1800's. Pfft lets just make the banking industry non-profit and see what happens then…can you imagine a life with plenty?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Pfft lets just make the banking industry non-profit and see what happens then…can you imagine a life with plenty?

easy to say but hard to do.
who lends? on what conditions? with what capital?

how exactly do you suggest it be set up in a non-profit manner? the only point to the banking industry is to make money, it only works on the basis of profit, if it's not there to make money i really don't see how it can work?

[edit on 19/5/09 by pieman]

Dae

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

OK I hope I explain this well.

First premise we all need to grasp; we are on a planet spinning around a sun hurtling through space and we have nearly no idea how everything tics.

Second premise, the banking industry is theory only. It has no real anything about it. What is real is people, work, crops, fuel etc. We can change it, just like that really.

I have this ongoing debate with my fella, he says money needs to be backed by gold/precious metals etc. My stance is go one further, let go of the idea of locking metals in vaults. We are all quite happy to work for bits of paper, as long as we all agree what the value is, the value is us, people - Work done/ Time. I’m sure a nice simple equation can be rustled up to make this a working idea. Remember what it is now, all theory - the stock market, consumer confidence index, compound interest – it’s all theory. We can change the theory to anything we like - and anything must be better than it is!

The banking industry is the life blood of the elite - so let’s starve the mofos!

*jumps off her soapbox grinning*

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

sorry, you'll have to forgive my stupidity but i really am not grasping your point.

at the moment the banks are owned by ordinary people, in the form of shares, anyone can buy a chunk of any bank to own and, at the moment, they can be picked up for very little. then, when a bank makes a profit, you get a proportion of the profit in line with the number of shares you own.

so if we take away this profit margin, as far as i can see, all that changes is the ordinary people who own shares no longer get a dividend. how does this make things better, exactly?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
All this bickering back and forth....
Prime example of divide the masses!

We should stick to the real issue.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Islamic rules do not allow interest on loans. I'm not sure how it works or how a profit is made, but a banking system that differs from the Western model already exists.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
yes...the women could fix everything ... well, women dont need money right? they dont need to pay for the expensive clothes that they buy ..., shoes ...

every human is corrupt and need money ... while this is true, we enter in a loop of this same # ... corruption ... there are not heroes out there ... forget it ... the society loses, some few win

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Dark Ghost

typical male post.

i'm sorry but you left that wide open

Notice how I said FEMINIST post.

My attack was on feminism, not women in general.

You just crossed the line Princess Leia...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I don't see where intuition played a role in this banking mess..obviously, no one involved had any. It seems that very few had very little foresight, or they had enough to know that it would lead us to where they wanted to us to be......which would label them as sadistic sob's in my opinion.

now, if you go through the old posts here you will find many that did have the foresight to know that we were heading for problems, and well, I think you would find that the group would be equally mixed between the males and females...
in other words the similarities between the sexes far outweight the differences, both can be greedy, dumb, lack intuition, ect.....

people are people!!!

as far as islamic law and interest, no they don't accept interest as being legit. if you want to get a loan with no interest, well, expect to pay a nice "processing" fee upfront for the loan. weather it would turn out being better, I have no idea. but well, instead of a bank charging a monthly fee for lending you the money that they conjure upout of thin air, they would just be hitting you up front for that money.

x24

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You know what I've always wanted to do, have a small house not far from the city and work quietly in the corner while collecting books and DVDs, a nice simple life.

So far their are 2 very well known women in British politics who need a nice long prison sentence. But I digress, personally if I was an American I would of voted for the female candite just to get the whole issue of "XvY" away from "man in the white house", I personally don't care who is better, who can multi task, what humans did in the past becuase believe me everyone who (including the Jews, Blacks, women etc) lived did horriendis(sp) things in the past.

We as humans have to come to terms with out history and live on, not get stuck demanding apologies for things we never did, we arn't the same people that lived 10, 20, 100 years ago.

We all have our weaknesses, no one can stand alone.

Like someone better known then me said "Alone we are weak, but together we are strong" or something like that.

But knowing most people, the short term answer would be let women take the high up jobs, and then we can see what they can do, just give up it's easier then trying to defend yourself, you don't have to agree.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by x24]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae

Second premise, the banking industry is theory only. It has no real anything about it.

Banks are indeed a completely false construct that so many people still put their trust and faith in!!! I've hated them for years. I want to never have to deal with any large financial institution again but alas! Unless I'm completely wrong, cash will soon be done away with altogether.

I don't think we will get a 'one world currency' in a form that we are used to dealing with, ie cash as the PTB will not be able to agree what current national currency to base it on. So to avoid too much conflict, those who control the money markets (in the main, men with the right connections and educations, women will have hit the glass ceiling, they ask too many questions!), will devise a 'credit' or 'token' system, managed electronically and all tied into the mainframe where all information, DNA, spending habits, finger prints, iris recognition, family members and known associates will be kept along with GRPS/GPS tracking of the individual and their vehicle and digital cctv records.

The last paragraph may seem a little off topic. However, the banking systems and the recent downturn and ensuing exposures are all part of the long term strategic objectives of the worldly powers who seek to possess and control all of earth's bounty. The downturn or crash may even have been engineered to this end.

Now that so many people are aware of the falseness of the banking system, the promise of living your dreams on the never never, the exposure of banking and political corrupt creaming of the assets of the shareholders, taxpayers and other stakeholders, the PTB will have to act to take control or risk losing their power bases.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What kind of BS is this article.
Women try to look for equal rights and then this article comes out proclaiming that women can get us out of this financial situation. Like their so superior to men and are the worlds saviours.
Quickly tried to look for an authors name to see if a man or woman wrote this article. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a woman, but if it was a man, he needs to hand over his testicles back to God.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Men or women it doesn't matter. It's the system.

I would like to see fixed interest rates. Banks pay a flat 2.5% on deposits, they lend out at 4%. They are allowed to lend out about 3X deposits. The balance of lending comes from a FED which has been nationalized at 3% interest. You control the velocity of that money by adjusting the lending threshhold. For instance if you need to slow down the economy you cut leverage to 2.9X deposits. If bank is at 3X they can't lend until they bring it down to 2.9. You would generally have the leverage flucuate between 2.5 and 3.5X deposits.

Bad credit? You need to put more money down and prove yourself worthy of further credit over time before you qualify. Giving loans to people who are unlikely to pay them back is akin to putting poison in their coffee.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Here's an idea!!!

Male or female, Stop Borrowing Money!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Notice how I said FEMINIST post.

My attack was on feminism, not women in general.

You just crossed the line Princess Leia...

There was a line?

nah, i think what the op is saying is, the sexes have innate differences that may or may not, contribute to the problem. the real problem could be the
combo of the two, but they don't realize it, sorta like co-dependents often don't realize they are fueling each other's problems. if men are the ones primarily in charge, perhaps they can't see the flaw, whereas if a woman stepped in, she might recognize the issue since she hasn't been in the position to see it for herself. she might realize, that SHE is part of the problem, and how to fix it. then again, she might not. but certainly is an interesting thought.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dae

I guess that depends on if their egos are = to the men's.

If they drop the ego or have non then yes I think they could and should be involved more in the process.

I am a male , but I would like to see what our Brilliant Earth Women can come up with. Probably better then what we have now.

Best bet is to work with men and women together. As long as egos are not present things can work out.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Seriously doubt it. From my experience female intuition is useless, in reality. Thats why males are only priests in teh catholic church.

There is a difference between female and male intuition. I seriously doubt from my experience of what female intuition is, that they would do better, lol.

I hope you were joking . If not that was a pretty ignorant post.

The only people who have super intuition is Ninja's anyways. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join