It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can women fix "it"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I've just read this interesting BBC article "The women who want to save banking"

The article asks:

Can women bankers and investment managers get us out of the economic mess that their male colleagues got us into? Will it take women to ensure the future health of the financial sector?

Personally I believe that the only way to have a stable economy, one that doesn't mess with people’s lives, is to have the banking system non-profit and illegal to charge interest on money created from thin air (see fractional reserve lending).

However, saying that, because that isn't happening just yet meaning this could be a way forward. The two women in the article have an investment business in Iceland which is doing fine and needs no government assistance. They go on to say:

There is another, crucial difference, they find: "Women are willing to ask stupid questions. We want to understand. We won't take risks we don't understand, so we ask: what is sub-prime? Who'll pay these loans back?"

The theory is that women are more risk aware as opposed to risk takers, meaning questions will be asked, simple ones.

I’m hoping that this trend continues and simple questions about how the economy is run will be asked by more people in positions of power/authority!

An interesting side note, they reckon if there are only 1 or 2 women on the board they won’t ask the simple questions but apparently having 3 or more "things work out much better".

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Seriously doubt it. From my experience female intuition is useless, in reality. Thats why males are only priests in teh catholic church.

There is a difference between female and male intuition. I seriously doubt from my experience of what female intuition is, that they would do better, lol.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

What has this got to do with intuition?? The willingness to ask questions and not take dangerous risks is the key. Why on earth are you bringing up the catholic church? Are you drunk?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Pilot]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Seriously doubt it. From my experience female intuition is useless, in reality. Thats why males are only priests in teh catholic church.

There is a difference between female and male intuition. I seriously doubt from my experience of what female intuition is, that they would do better, lol.

Well, I don't know where you got religion from this article. Nor do I understand your bringing up of intuition.

I think this is a good thing. These two ladies have so far proven that their ideas work. Besides, balance is necessary in everything in life. I think a large part of the reason we're in the situation we're in now is because of male domination in the financial sector.

S&F OP.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
OMG... Not another Men vs Women thread.

I think that "anyone" that will question what x or y is, would be in a better position to salvage our system no matter what sex they are.

I am so sick and tired of Women are better at this or Men are better at that spiel, I get enough of the "You should be cooking and cleaning and having babies, not designing and building 3d models" from the "men" as it is.

As for religion, there's nothing religious about banking, except maybe those who consider money a religion, I dunno, and intuition is the result of experience, if a man and a woman have nearly the same experiences in their lives they will have close to the same intuition on a subject so separating them by sex is useless.

Enough with the this sex vs that sex stuff... if these two women have a good idea go with it, if not well, it's more that it's just a bad idea than "It came from a woman therefore it's stupid"

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yes, we men have had far too long at the wheel. Get in women, grab the wheel, tell us to sit down, buckle up and shut up.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by atlasastro]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
hehehe this makes me laugh.

Someone had to bring in religion! I am surprised someone didn't bring this up:

2 Corinthians 11:3 (New King James Version) 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

So according to the bible if men couldn't do it right are we to trust women?

In all honesty I could not give a hang who has the answer. Just fix it already!!!!!! Man, Woman, Child, Green, Black, White, Yellow, christian, athiest, muslim, handicapped, retarded (sorry mentally challenged)........Lets get it fixed!!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The feminine aspect of nature was the recognized and revered way of life long before Aryan Warriors descended upon those birth/death/rebirth worshippers, anihilating that peaceful co-existence with nature.

Patriarchal society was born through war and politics. Money is the impetus for war and politics. Males are not able to conceive of a world where feminine intuition (balance of nature and science) leads the way. Its much too docile for testosterone driven humans.

Males are in constant combat with one another whether actively or subconsciously. Maybe competition is a better word, maybe not. When money is involved, the guys want total control even if it means total destruction through politics and war.

Males are afraid of/devalue females in general because they don't feel their own existence is borne out in nature other than as breeders and fighters. Females are the life-bringers and life-sustainers. A female will naturally question anything that has to do with the welfare of others. A male will go out of his way to avoid asking questions!

There are exceptions to the rule as with everything under the sun.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

You will find that the top people in all quarters in life have good intuition. Intuition plays a massive part in decision making that we all have. You have been conned by hollywood that intuition is this and that. We all use intuition all day every day, lol.

Get this, it is a fact intuition plays a massive part in all our lifes. this is why the people who run this world think they have good intuition.

There is a massive difference to how males and females analyse information, and what answers they have to real life situations, and especially things like running companies and running the financial situation.

So if you people think intuition does not matter, you have no idea what process goes into what makes people a good decision maker and a bad decision maker, lol.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by andy1033]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I cannot comment on the Catholic Church analogy, I am lapsed and my feelings for priests is not good.

But as a woman I can tell you this. My intuition has never been wrong. Many times in the past I did not listen to myself, or doubted it. But not now that I am older. And like I said my intuition, gut feeling, what ever you want to call it, has never let me down.

Example.

One day it snowed and the school did not call off. I had an intuition to drive them myself. Good thing, their bus was in a minor accident.

Men have those feelings and act on them? It is sometimes called mother's instinct too.

I am curious to hear from the men if they have intuitions.

I DEFINITELY think if females ran things, we would all be better off, including banks.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Good women and men can fix it. Not sure the banking types though. The real fix is to adapt the Venus Project into proportional democracies and eradicate all money altogether, and erase all debts, along with all patents and ownership. Then we just start to erect earthship, recylced, eco homes for each other and take all the heritage seeds out of the seed banks, outlaw GM ones, and grow gardens. No more slaves, no need to work for corporations, but we would still be working, for our childrens future contributing many new inventions and necessities out of our talents. People who have been excluded, and unwanted, such as the unemployed would gain in self esteem as well.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Let's get one thing straight: the problems with the current financial crisis have nothing to do with "intuition" or "not asking the tough questions".

The tough questions were deliberately not asked. A culture of "play along and get paid" was deliberately cultivated. The underlying facts and their tangible validity was deliberately obscured.

All that anyone with "better intuition" or who "asked the tough questions" would have shown was a new record in how quickly an uppity employee (male or female!) can be booted out of a position where anyone might listen to them.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Intuition is massively involved in everyone decision making, fact. This thing took place because of people making decisions, and they knew there actions would create a domino effect. Just look at ron paul, if he knew what those actions would do, the best bankers knew as well, lol.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Somehow MY "intuition" tells me that your experience on woman's intuition is NOT THAT qualified.

Not the point though, the thread is not about intuition. It is about asking questions - which women are more willing to do. Most men have a hard time asking for directions or much less reading directions. Men ON AVERAGE (as in - not all inclusive) are not about details just get it done. Women, on the other hand, want to know when, where, why, how and how much, how long j- you know... details.

Dae

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
OMG... Not another Men vs Women thread.

Hmm I saw it as "what can women bring" as opposed to the "men vs women" rubbish, but that's my perception

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dae

the Original post was as you saw it, however there are people that will turn it or try to into another shouting match over the sexes.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
man i love when the feminine mystics start coming out with the divine power of the life giving arse drivel. any opportunity.

this is rubbish, the crisis wasn't caused because people didn't understand what a sub prime loan was, it was caused because they were too greedy to care. the dogs in the street knew it was going to be someones problem but so long as it was the cats problem, the dogs didn't care.

if you think women aren't just as greedy as men or that they a certain demographic wouldn't sell their grandmother for a compounded profit yield half a percentage point above the margin, you need your head examined.

more women on the boards of the banks and financial regulators, great, anyone different is an improvement, but to be honest i just want to have better bankers, i really don't care what they have between their legs.

[edit on 18/5/09 by pieman]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There are plenty of way that we can fix this mess. Its going to take hardwork and some sacrafice on our part, as it usually does we bear the burden of the entire country.

One way that will not help the situation is to think that handing over the responsibility to women will change a damn thing. This isnt isnt the time for sexism, racism or any other ism to take over our logic. No matter how you spin this story thats what it is, sexist towards guys, basically saying guys messed up and arent good enough to fix it so we have to call upon the superier female to fix it. What a Load of insulting crap. This is the result of male and female influence to say otherwise is very ignorant and insulting.

Really what would be the difference? Woman are just as stupid, greedy, and corrupt. We know this already but still during the worst of times people think its appropriate to let their logic take back seat to stupidity.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mhinsey

Somehow MY "intuition" tells me that your experience on woman's intuition is NOT THAT qualified.

Not the point though, the thread is not about intuition. It is about asking questions - which women are more willing to do. Most men have a hard time asking for directions or much less reading directions. Men ON AVERAGE (as in - not all inclusive) are not about details just get it done. Women, on the other hand, want to know when, where, why, how and how much, how long j- you know... details.

I think my experience on female intuition, is based on the extreme end of fmale intuition, lol.

How people make decisions is a complex issue, and you rubbishing, what i am saying means nothing, because its a fact that intuition, plays a massive part in all our decisions.

So the thread starter is just asking really is female intuition better than male intuition. hhmmmm.

I think you know which gender i would consider, to have the better, no matter what pc, issues you have, facts are facts.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
man i love when the feminine mystics start coming out with the divine power of the life giving arse drivel. any opportunity.

this is rubbish, the crisis wasn't caused because people didn't understand what a sub prime loan was, it was caused because they were too greedy to care. the dogs in the street knew it was going to be someones problem but so long as it was the cats problem, the dogs didn't care.

if you think women aren't just as greedy as men or that they a certain demographic wouldn't sell their grandmother for a compounded profit yield half a percentage point above the margin, you need your head examined.

I worked directly under the director of retirement planning and personal wealth management division of a major financial corporation for over five years. The MEN were in charge, the WOMEN were all in support positions - top down. I handled the accounts of investors with a combined value of over $400,000,000 in assets. If only you knew what really goes on behind the closed doors of your retirement plan administration's meetings. The BS that is passed down to the investor as reliable and verified would curdle your blood. IF only more people knew first-hand what really goes on in the financial sector. Because I wasn't as stupid as I should have been I was fired six weeks after receiving a $5,000 payraise for asking questions.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join