It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posthuman: To modify or not to modify?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

My custom kit (cultured and delta, of course):

Ceramic Bone Lacing
Dermal Sheathing lv 3.
Move-by-wire lv 3
SKillwires 9
Multislot chipjack

Cat's eyes
Muscle toner and Augmentation
Enhanced articulation
Tailored Pheromones

Sounds like Steve Austin, the 6 million dollar man.
Hell, thoughts of that show really reminds me how old I am.

Seriously though (as serious as I can be today), the thought of having unnatural bits grafted onto me is anathema. Whenever I think of cyborgs, I don't normally think of Steve Austin or the Bionic Woman, what pops in my mind is the Borg.

Do I want to be a drone for the NWO - feck that idea !!!

They may be the Borg, but resistance is definitley not futile.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
three games Deus ex, its sequel, and halo in deus ex it went off without a hitch, in the halo novel fall of reach half the kids die but it enhances them way more then deus ex. if i had to chose between the games auguments id chose halo. i do this because it might save the humen race, not from alien invasion but from ourselves. im part of the new generation and ill admit it im fat but the technoligy could make us more healthy. as for my beliefs i dont belive in god

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Interesting question, Jonna.

There are, as has been said, ups and downs to the idea. We'd be able to tap in to the potential resources of our body, using our current state of being as a framework for something much greater, but at the same time, we run the risk of losing something of our humanity.

On the whole, though, I've played too much System Shock 2 not to support the idea of cybernetic enhancement.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I get lost in the video game talk...
They are fun... but a pretty big waste of time (IN MY OPINION!)

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
On the whole, though, I've played too much System Shock 2 not to support the idea of cybernetic enhancement.

Every line of code in your body exalts you...so sayeth the Machine Mother.

As for why a person would want to be 'upgraded'- well, if not to please the Machine Mother, then why not to be stronger, faster etc. than everyone else? Forget immortality.

I'd just like the power...

DE

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
People fear what they do not understand.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonna

YES!!! Modify me, I want to have bigger boobs, a face that never wrinkles and an unlimited lifespan, sadly it all is going to cost big. Oh well maybe next lifetime!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join