It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is different.... Very different

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not sure how to label this one. I have been a chemist working with trees, and insects for many years. I love both. I have seen parasites the likes of which would make you all vomit pure gold. I have seen grass hoppers suffer MANY both symbiotic, and malicious parasites, but I have NEVER seen the likes of this. Even in south America, or Mexico.

www.alienvideos.ws...

I would say its some sort of normal thing, but I havent EVER seen, or read about parasites with colour, let alone black. to my knowledge they are bereft of colour because of a lack of sunlight. They have no need for pigmentation because they do not need UV protection. They get that from within the body of their host... THIS however... is entirely new to me. I realise there are billions of insects that have yet to be catalogued but Biology does not differ that greatly amonts worms, larvea, and pupa. Especially when its host is an insect. WHAT IS THIS>> I MUSTKNOW!!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have presented my theory before...

That there are, insect types that can go far beyond the Parasitic wasp in terms of injecting and controlling a host and that the Greys themselves are probably an insect species that has hybridized humans in such a manner

What your seeing is an example of a grasshopper that is not a grasshopper anymore...

Whatever these worms are, in that volume they certainly had control of every aspect of the host, that was no longer a grasshopper but the shell of a grasshopper run by...something else

I would rank this sort of thing as among the single biggest threat to our species... even if just a worm if infect and with access to a human intellect how would a person with a few thousand of those in their body behave?

What impulses would we exhibit?

Great find!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They look like parasites leaving a host. Which type of parasite, I don't know. Either way, that looks utterly disgusting.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Its called a "hairworm".... www.nytimes.com...

Generally this parasite makes its host kill itself by drowning, then leaves the host (usually from the back-end) and continues on with its parasitic ways.

Nasty, but not unheard of. There are lots of strange things people don't normally see, life is an extraordinary thing.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
www.fatcult.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Not sure if that's it, but it certainly looks like it.
I remember this video being here on ATS before, can't remember the specifics though, or the thread.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Beaten to the punch for sure, but sure looks like a hairworm to me for sure, although it is on steroids or something, lol.

I wonder why folks assume it is an "alien"? Wouldn't there have to be a bunch of other things to skip over before leaping to the "alien" explanation?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Wow interesting video!!

What I found amazing is the size of the parasites and how they seemed to come from such a small capacity host.

I know this will sound stupid but could they expand on contact with air?? This would be similar in cases of canine cancer where after an operation to remove the cancer , in certain cases it speeds up its growth. I know its not the same type of situation but there could be some basic connection!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
that is horrific!

This reminds me of the "Alien" movies. I guess they weren't far off from possible reality. Can't imagince these things implanted inside something larger than a grasshopper.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It is also refered to as the horsehair worm although I have never seen what seems to be several bursting from a host. Also they normally make the host jump into water to kill itself, then lay eggs in the water then die, then when other grasshoppers drink from the pool they swallow the eggs and the whole process starts again. The circle of life

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I really wish I hadn't watched that.
I thought it was fake until you guys identified it as a hairworm!
I wonder how it was able to fit so many worms inside its body though?
ugh. I know I'm going to have nightmares now, thanks...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Its really not that hard for the hairworm to coil up inside the the chest cavity of the host, lots of room to be had.

They generally are not stretched out like they are when leaving the host's body. That grasshopper was completely filled except for it's legs.

Oh, to be a prisoner in your own body.... I shudder at the thought.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Interesting.

You would think though that someone who works as a chemist, seen every type of infestation in Insects, etc, would know what they are. Hairworms?

Another possibility could be something like the fibres found in Morgellon's Disease.

Linky... www.morgellons.org...

EDIT: Ok, just looked at the links provided and agree it looks more like the hairworm.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I doubt there is any other possibility besides a "hairworm"... it fits the description and looks exactly like a hairworm.

Just because someone is an "expert" in something, does not mean there is nothing new to learn...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Great job identifying that! For a second I was like WTF!!!

Still, terrestrial and all that is CREEPY..........

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Def. a hairworm, just pretty crazy the person who shot the video got an actually great shot of it coming out like that. It has to be rare to get a video of that happen. Cool share, thx.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Unbelievable Post...as well as pest.

That was the creepiest thing I've ever studied.

Thanks for the inspiration. Now to take a long hot shower.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

You'd think, but there are a bunch of videos on Youtube of "alien" caterpillars.
Also a bunch of them under the monster heading. Seems anytime someone with a camera encounters something weird with a camera it's aliens, ghosts, or monsters.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Oh thank you for ruining my life!! Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well, I guess I didn't have to watch the video now did I? But yuck!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! And yeh, I know there are grosser things out there, but none that I've seen today - sheesh - not even this year!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In its younger stages, the hair worm is a parasite, but the adult stage is not parasitic and lives in water. However, it forces its host to commit suicide, by drowning, so that is may emerge and find a mate. Here's a video:

Cricket Suicide

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Holy crap I've never seen anything like that come out of an insect. Glad to know it was identified

All I can say is if I saw that...

Starter Fluid and a lighter

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join