It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimensional Portals Opening? Vegetarians Disappearing After Hearing Voices? Are You Hearing Voices?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
...All people have a running dialogue with their unconscious self. They also talk with themselves at different stages in their life or different sides of their nature.

Sometimes the variant personal entities become so distinct they even assume distinct names and histories...

Well, they did 'tell' me that our minds are deformed/atrophied (for lack of a better word) and that our consciousness is fragmented. And that's why we rarely perceive most of whats really going on all around us. They find this interesting because they have no sub-conscious... everything is consciousness for them, (and most others BTW). They told me/showed me a bunch of other stuff that I don't really wanna get into right now.

So according to your knowledge of cutting edge psychology my sub-conscious is trying to tell me that I'm showing signs of schizophrenia, among other possible system failures? Great. Well, my sub-conscious had some pretty smart fellas in there. I'm thinkin I'd better go get hypnotised and put those guys behind my wheel. Maybe I'd be able to get those projects done faster!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just checked my library.

The definitive book on the subject, by British psychologist with an affinity for the the unusual, Stan Gooch, is reviewd below.

A must read on this rarely examined subject.

Mike

www.vexen.co.uk...

"Creatures from Inner Space" by Stan Gooch
1984, Rider & Company, London, UK.

Stan Gooch analyzes many traditional elements of the paranormal including sleep nightmares such as the incubus and succubus demons, demons and entities, poltergeists, paranormal fire including spontaneous combustion, automatic and trance writing, backwards writing, past lives, hypnosis, stigmata, mediums and discarnate spirits of all kinds. In addition to this list of "unknowns" is added a chapter on multiple personalities, mental disorder, left handedness, the biology of consciousness and the subconscious and throughout the book the general trend is to uncover the psychological causes of these phenomenon.

All of these phenomenon are tracked by Stan Gooch to their psychological causes: Human beings are "haunted from within". Evidence of poltergeists, ghosts and all things that go bump in the night is analyzed and the single thread that combines and explains them all is human psychology.

But Stan does not take this type of reductionism too far. His conclusions are not that all these phenomenon are delusions, but that the phenomenon are real. They are very literally created by human psychology; not as an internal symptom of dysfunction but as an external one.

He ties together mediumship (talking to 'dead' spirits), possessions, automatic writing and explorations of past lives and views them all as the same type of psychosis; in all cases mistakes, English and subjective facts uncover the underlying fact that all such things arise from the subconscious and not from external supernatural sources.

His psychology is sound and careful and his analysis of these phenomenon shows some genuine research. He shows that stigmata victims often receive wounds on themselves where they think the wounds should be, not indeed where religious martyrs were actually wounded. So, for example, Christian mystics suffer stigmata on the palms of their hands even though Jesus would have been nailed through his wrists, just like everyone else. The same psychosomatic wounds can appear as a result of hypnosis, etc, and Stan Gooch ties together all these various paranormal events into a solid psychological theory.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

BUT BUT BUT....do you not see where this topic led to???

I do see where it led. I cannot state how many people are truly hearing voices. I will say i find it highly suspicious.

I did respond back to you that 'yes' there is no evidence of any one disappearing because for those that just read the title and jumped to the last page, I felt they needed to know that no one is assuming anyone is disappearing. I think it would be a great friendly reminder to post every few pages that there is no evidence directly relating disappearing vegetarians to the masses amounts of comments made here. There is alot of great info in this thread and I think everyone has gotten over the veggie thing and disappearing stuff and carried on a great topic here.

I'm not proclaiming anything should be closed. Don't take it that way. I don't even report when i feel someone has personally attacked me. I truly don't care about any of that. I merely confronted someone on what they posted. I think ATS members are far too quick to jump on bandwagons. (Well, i could be speaking of the public in general) If people want to talk about hearing voices in their heads that's just dandy. I don't care. I just don't feel this "disappearing people" webbot report should have even entered into the discussion without some proof backing it up.

Of course these webbot reports are pretty dubious. i remember the earthquake thread. I also remember proponents of the webbot theory first stating it was twin quakes in some Asian place and then backpedaling. Now they are saying it's Bernie Madoff.

So why not comment about what seems to be the topic at hand....alot of people are hearing voices it seems.

You don't want my opinion on that. You would find it offensive.

I dont do the webbot thing either...but I have no issue with that either being in the OP. I posted what resonated with me or what pertained to me, how I could relate and to what I related to and what I didnt...and that is that, ya know.

I have no issue with that. I took issue with something else stated in the thread.

Who cares about all the flags and stars....a thread that gets SOOO many comments and responses that pretty much sifted in their own little direction of a topic deserves stars and flags.

Even if there is not one shred of evidence to back up any of the claims therein?

Just for the simple fact that this thread got newbies to sign up, many people to share something that they have NEVER shared, many people talking about a phenomenon with others that they probably dont get to talk much with others about...deserves flagged and starred really.

I don't care what a thread does for anyone. Back up your theories, or better yet if you want to talk about hearing voices in your head make a thread for it. My point is the whole thread was started as a premise to prove the validity of the webbot report. This isn't the first time i've seen this stuff on ATS and i'm quite sure it won't be the last.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

In real life there is NO such a thing as another dimension....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I do see where it led. I cannot state how many people are truly hearing voices. I will say i find it highly suspicious.

I hear voices in my head - My own...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

That is very interesting michael...thanks for looking it up and posting it.

I was also reading through some psych stuff and here is my issue.

I think we are seeing some people here that are really hearing a outside voice. This might just be my assumptions but I do feel that there is more to it for some of these posters.

What I read still states that the voice IS coming from inside the mind but only SEEMS to be outside. I am in doubt that this is the case for all of these responses. I guess I would have to experience it to believe it kinda. To say all of these posters only 'think' they heard it outside of themselves is pushing it a little I think...but that is just an opinion which Im still sifting.

Now mabey....if someone is not very in tune with their self and consciousness and there is a inner self that is wanting to speak to the self about something....( I know to others this may sound strange) then mabey a name calling would be assumed to be outside...it must be, it has to be, outside of me kind of thought. MABEY

Mabey I am just more open minded to such things being a 'actual' voice coming from somewhere besides the self. Not to say it is NOT the self in another dimension or time line...more so, that is what I am saying. Sense my partner see's another me sometimes and I do believe in other dimensions parallel to our own, mabey I have a hard time sticking to the idea that it is all in the mind.

I deeply fell that a higher self of me helps guide me, I dont hear a voice, but I receive vibes or synchronicity that when I pa attention or follow, seems to show me something.

Even though I love studying the mind, sadly, the study is full of many theories, trying to explain what we dont understand about our world, our reactions, our ways of coping and adjusting and how the mind works. Even though it is my study, I am the odd ball of the class always pointing out...its just a theory.

I read that the same part of the brain that deals with 'self conversations' such as reciting a poem to ones self silently is the same part of the brain that lights up when a person says they hear a voice. So mabey there is more to this ....

Interesting it is!

Mabey the other dimensions are in the mind too...mabey we are creating more then what we can understand.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sorry to be ignorant, but I really am stressed for time lately.

So quick question, is there any validity to this OP at all. I read up there somewhere
that there is no evidence at all.

That got me thinking whats this for?

No harshness intended just curious and stressed for time so no beating around the bush for me.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I must of missed the part that this thread was created to prove the validity of the webbot. I took it as just a fun throw in....

and I never saw anyone trying to prove anyone was disappearing. It stated a question, a wondering, a curiosity...

Dimensional Portals Opening?

Vegetarians Disappearing After Hearing Voices?

Are you hearing Voices?

Some responded to the idea of other dimensions

Some posted response to being a vegetarian and having strange experiences (or not)

Some (many) posted about hearing a 'voice' or 'voices'

That is what I saw, just saying

My best to ya
LV

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Sorry to be ignorant, but I really am stressed for time lately.

So quick question, is there any validity to this OP at all. I read up there somewhere
that there is no evidence at all.

That got me thinking whats this for?

No harshness intended just curious and stressed for time so no beating around the bush for me.

Well, I think I have been here as long as the OP, in one incarnation or another. The OP is chatty and makes friends easily.

If you want "truth", you will have to take some grit with your gravy.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I guess people are missing the question marks in the title of the thread...which ultimately led to a great topic between many people of phenomenons that they cant explain really.

Oh well...still enjoyed it all...thanks to all for sharing and who will continue to share.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I think we are seeing some people here that are really hearing a outside voice. This might just be my assumptions but I do feel that there is more to it for some of these posters.

What I read still states that the voice IS coming from inside the mind but only SEEMS to be outside. I am in doubt that this is the case for all of these responses. I guess I would have to experience it to believe it kinda. To say all of these posters only 'think' they heard it outside of themselves is pushing it a little I think...but that is just an opinion which Im still sifting.

Now mabey....if someone is not very in tune with their self and consciousness and there is a inner self that is wanting to speak to the self about something....( I know to others this may sound strange) then mabey a name calling would be assumed to be outside...it must be, it has to be, outside of me kind of thought. MABEY

Mabey I am just more open minded to such things being a 'actual' voice coming from somewhere besides the self. Not to say it is NOT the self in another dimension or time line...more so, that is what I am saying. Sense my partner see's another me sometimes and I do believe in other dimensions parallel to our own, mabey I have a hard time sticking to the idea that it is all in the mind.

I deeply fell that a higher self of me helps guide me, I dont hear a voice, but I receive vibes or synchronicity that when I pa attention or follow, seems to show me something.

Even though I love studying the mind, sadly, the study is full of many theories, trying to explain what we dont understand about our world, our reactions, our ways of coping and adjusting and how the mind works. Even though it is my study, I am the odd ball of the class always pointing out...its just a theory.

I read that the same part of the brain that deals with 'self conversations' such as reciting a poem to ones self silently is the same part of the brain that lights up when a person says they hear a voice. So mabey there is more to this ....

Mabey the other dimensions are in the mind too...mabey we are creating more then what we can understand.

Let me start out by pointing out something that will change everything you write. The word is not 'mabey' its 'maybe'

I'm sorry this is catching me in the middle of a project. So I'm doing it on the fly

Others have gone into it very deeply. Many things that we generate in our mind can manifest themselves externally. This, for some reason, is most common with pubescent girls. Too involved to go into here, there is a hormonal endocrine system that interfaces with our neural network. Think of it as two minds working in unison. And your digestive system has a mind of it's own - literally.

The brain is complex - much more than most realize.

A lot of ghost phenomena, religious manifestations, and UFO visitations are the product of externalizing essentially internal experiences.

The religious, sexual, creative impulse work on a parallel drive often overriding our consciousness.

It would take me an hour just to outline my understanding of all this. Others do it better.

I recommend reading further on the subject but avoid online material. The latter is almost always unscientific and amateurish, I'm afraid.

More soon.

Mike

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I do believe I will be doing alot of reading for sure. Thanks for the lead way and your time, always a pleasure getting new info to read on.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Unless a bunch of people hearing voices is proof i don't think there was any real evidence presented.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hi, I'm a little reluctant to share, but I had some telepathic communication from multi-dimentional beings and I am vegetarian. The telepathic communication started 2 years ago and was very clear and a very strange experience and very 'real'. Now communication is only when I ask. I've had several synchronicities 'synchy winks' happen and confirmations that it is real and not just in my head. I'm still here on planet earth. The first time it happened, I was offered a special position, but refused it because I could tell it was a deception. I was told that I was at the 'crossroads' and I could choose between 'life' or 'destruction'. I chose life. I was told that there are 'more of us than there are of them' (more who will choose life rather than destruction). I was under the impression that everyone will be asked this sort of question and will be offered some sort of position, money or fame as a sort of 'test' or temptation (but unique to the person's soul or experiences, so each person's 'test' will be different). Those who choose service to others (love) and who have the belief that all are equal and that we are all united as one are those who will choose 'life'. I said that I wanted to be with the God of love and light... and it was interesting because they didn't like me using the 'name' God and I had the impression that they were making sure that my concept of God was just love and not any institutionalized religious 'version' or name (which can be a distortion). I was a practicing Catholic before this happened and I was told to stop attending church, which was very difficult for me. The whole thing was very difficult and confusing for me, but now I'm sort of at peace with it all. After that I went through a process of 'awakening' to truths and new knowledge. I haven't been told anything about opening portals or leaving the earth. But I told them that I would stay to help others if needed. So I'm very interested in this topic and curious about others' experiences.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've heard the theory before, and you know Mike, it actually makes so much sense, from an etic viewpoint. When you approach it from an emic viewpoint it takes on a whole new perspective, though. One could spin their wheels all day about what it is or where it comes from, but I believe we shouldn't negate the 'message(s)' based on pretext alone. If the content of those 'message(s)' are potentially verifiable then one should pursue that path with logic and reason if they wanted to, with no insult to sanity.

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between personal hallucinations and 'ESP'. Kinda like art... It is a lie that helps us see the truth.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Unfortunately, this phenomenon is not new. It is alien related. 'Cattle mutilations' are the result of alien research to identify and remove certain proteins from animals we consume (by genetically modifying them). The aliens are making genetic modifications and then 're-sampling' progeny to see if the 'offending' proteins are disappearing.

When we eat meat these proteins remain in our bodies as well. Over time they build-up and are toxic to aliens. The reason only vegans are hearing 'The Voice' is because the aliens can only consume humans who are vegans and therefore are free from these meat-related, toxic proteins. They're working on removing them so that the entire human race can be a food source (as they had originally intended) but it will take some time.

In the meantime they'll just continue to harvest vegans.

U made me laugh out loud...very funny good post.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The only part that I can relate to in that article is when the lady talked about hearing the phone ring. I've heard my cell phone ring before it actually rang in August 2008.
Also 2 weeks ago my mom and I were sitting in the kitchen and we both heard the telephone ring and she went to go get it but it turns out no one had called. Then 2 seconds later the phone rings. My mom is not into conspiracy theories or paranormal stuff like I am, so it was cool to experience that with her and have her acknowledge that she heard the phone ring before it actually rang also. It's was creepy but cool.

My theory is we are either under attack by evil forces or we are just becoming more aware.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Original post by LeoVirgo

and I never saw anyone trying to prove anyone was disappearing. It stated a question, a wondering, a curiosity...

Dimensional Portals Opening?

Vegetarians Disappearing After Hearing Voices?

Are you hearing Voices?

Some responded to the idea of other dimensions

Some posted response to being a vegetarian and having strange experiences (or not)

Some (many) posted about hearing a 'voice' or 'voices'

That is what I saw, just saying

My best to ya
LV

Antonia,
You seemed to be very concerned with evidence...i believe that the only evidence that the OP is claiming in this thread is the evidence that question marks at the end of a statement do indeed mean that the words before said question marks are not intended to prove, disprove, proclaim, or quantify what was said only to signify that the statement before the question mark was offered up as a "what if", some call it a question. In this particular occasion these questions have led to people to share their experiences in hopes that some answers might be found either for themselves and/or the questions asked. I completely understand the need for evidence, and i also understand that on a website like ATS many times extraordinary claims are offered up with a gigantic disregard for the fact that those type of claims must go hand in hand with extraordinary evidence. In my opinion one can not examine any claim, sighting, story, etc about the paranormal or otherwise without a healthy dose of scientific skepticism. To do so shows a complete lack of concern for the subject at hand, and a complete lack of credibility for that person. That being said, as many others in this thread have already said, the OP wasn't claiming anything to be the truth. The OP was merely pointing out an interesting phenomena that has/is occurred/occurring after someone, or multiple someones if you will, have come forward with an experience that is incredibly similar to an author's fictitious story...nothing more, nothing less. The fact that the ATS faithful have come forward with similar personal experiences is exactly what the OP intended...for others to share any experiences that may be similar to the reported phenomena. Whatever your personal views about the phenomena at hand, the web bot project, disembodied voices, schizophrenia, or anything else discussed in this thread are it doesn't really give you a reason to "attack", i use the word very loosely, the OP for "not providing any evidence for what the posted author/article claims", its apples and oranges. If you went around demanding proof for the outrageous claims put forth on ATS everyday you would have a full time job on your hands, the proverbial wet blanket if you will. With that being said i do not understand your persistent "hounding" of the people in this thread, especially the OP, for evidence for claims that no one is claiming. No offense intended Antonia, just calling it as i see it. I won't take up any more of your time as i imagine that it must be quite taxing to collect on all of the "evidence" which many threads here at ATS lack.
Good day.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by The Loge]

[edit on 19-5-2009 by The Loge]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Sounds crazy but also sounds it is real for some reason

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
After reading the entire thread up to this point, I'd say its probably a version of project blue beam that TPTB are testing on people from all walks of life. I'm been in the oocult world for 37 years, learning many ways to open the mind, practices, rituals, etc. I go by the blood type diet I'm an o+ so my kind thrive on red meat. I also do 1 hr at the gym seven days a week. I have a healthy mindset. And I don't hear any voices. So for the ones that do hear voices Lucky you. In all my study Ive never heard anything. I also don't have any fear. But then My path can't be tought to others. Everyone has there own path to travel. I have noticed that a "key Loggers" was used and bam, 300+ posts. So for all you out there that are having experiences, good luck. Study everything. Always ask questions. Find your own way.

S&F

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join