It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Cool Psychology Experiments

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

Great post man! Interesting stuff here, thanks for sharing it with us!
Star, flag, and digg.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Supposdly a new movie is being made about the Stanford Prison Experiment. It's been in pre-production for a while but it;s up at IMDB www.imdb.com/title/tt0420293. I'm intrested to see how they translate it to the big screen but I can bet they're going to add a lot hollywood to it. since they're "rumored" cast has a lot of pretty well known actors. The experiment was very disturbing and intresting to study or watch in a documentary but when you think about it the story wouldbe pretty boring on the big screen. It probably be done with an unkown cast and smart camera work and directing (blair witch) but looking at the "rumored cast" it appears as everyone is famous or semi-famous suggesting a big budget

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
why ordinary people do evil...or do good

Philip Zimbardo, the original experimenter of the Stanford Prison Experiment, talks about testifying for the defense of an accused Abu Ghraib prison guard and the "lucifer effect".

This is a fascinating TED talk. With all the news about not releasing photos of Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse it is particularly salient. Some of the photos are included in his presentation. Also, he talks very fast.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

The second video is a sad note on organized religion. Certainly why I left it long ago; When at a friends Assembly Of God church in San Jose CA someone down in front started babbling, the speaker stopped talking and I asked my friend what was going on, she said that "that person was speaking in tongues".

To simulate what I heard; widen your mouth, point your tongue onto the roof of your mouth, slap your bottom teeth and repeat many times while screaming.

OMG!!!!1111

Anyhow, I wanted to contribute this awesome link to another scam artist minister. Shame that they call themselves Christian. Makes us all look bad to the mainstream.

[color=gold]BENNY HINN: Let The Bodies Hit The Floor (A Fine Music Video)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

haha i was at one of these shows, i worked setting up the lights when he was in london - it was funny at first watching the insanity but then when we started watching all the people hobble out of their crutches looking dejected it hit me how bad that stuff really is.

While he dances around on stage and pretends to heal people with the power of the lord thousands of hopeful people have their last bit of hope crushed, instead of saying 'you won't ever suffer in the next life' or some such asinine thing to explain away human misery he pretends he has an answer - alas, most the people who go don't get cured and so what's it like for them? they see this semi-believable ritual on stage but god never even glances at them, no you keep suffering i'm going to cure this person instead. must leave you feeling kinda empty inside, certainly worse than before.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
NO - HE DOESN'T!

He performs magic tricks, there is no NLP or mind manipulation going on at all.

Please explain how Derren does this 'magic trick' without using any aspects of psychology.
Do you think Simon Pegg is a stooge?
www.videosift.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Crowds 'pick leaders to follow'
www.telegraph.co.uk...

How Obama Is Using the Science of Change
www.time.com...

Why We do Dumb or Irrational Things: 10 Brilliant Social Psychology Studies
www.spring.org.uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Matthew 7:13 (New International Version)

The Narrow and Wide Gates
13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

==============

Even the Bible advises against the "monkey see, monkey do"

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Not realy a psychology experiment but this marshmallow test is an absolute classic.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join