It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand woman beds football team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A Kiwi woman in Christchurch bedded almost the entire Cronulla Sharks rugby footbal team in a hotel room then cried rape.

The Australian

Police investigated and refused to charge anyone.

The woman would not let this issue go so when one of the Australian football players visited New Zealand again she outed him to the Press and was interviewed on TV blubbering with tears how terrible it was. In mid May 2009 femminists were up in arms in sympathy for this "RAPED" woman.

Then the truth came out that she had boasted to her workmates for days following how she had bedded the football team.

livenews.com.au...

Even worse the woman who made this false complaint never told her father or brother and now they are acutely embarrassed in public.

The worst thing is, New Zealand's politically correct Police force is too scared of offending the feminist lobby to arrest this woman for making a false complaint

[edit on 16-5-2009 by sy.gunson]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Better title might be "Sports team lowers standards"

She filed a false complaint against numerous people. Prosecute the slut.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

IMO Charmyne Palavi is a media whore . She was cleared by the police and bragged to her friends about her exploits . The media is simply playing on the sensation of such stories . That's all there is to it .

Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by xpert11]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You left out the part where she apparently consented to a threesome and the rest of the team climbed in the window when she was made "ready" by them. She claims she was not told and the first she knew of their presence was when they were doing stuff to her. Very bad form. You also left out the part where she never actually said she was raped on 4 corners. btw. agreeing to two men does not mean a whole team.

I have no sympathy for a group of (some married) adult men who set up a teenage woman to be their "male bonding" group play thing.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

What the players did was morally wrong in the case of those who were/are married or had partners and pressuring someone into sleeping with you for the lack of a better description . Since no one deserves such a media circus and the players have been cleared by the police the matter should be left to rest .

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
reply to post by riley

What the players did was morally wrong in the case of those who were/are married or had partners and pressuring someone into sleeping with you for the lack of a better description . Since no one deserves such a media circus and the players have been cleared by the police the matter should be left to rest .

It's not the only time they've done it.. and sexual co-ersion is obviously a huge problem. It's made even worse when it's done by several drunken, largely built high profile men against a lone woman. This media circus has just exposed underlieing social attitudes.. I personally don't agree with Charmyne Palavi's ethics but that doesn't mean she was lieing or deserved it for being a "slut" either. If you recall one of those women was in her own bed minding their own business.. she wasn't a groupie at all and just the other week a teenager was raped in a stair well by a footballer. This media circus had been brewing for years.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
"Then the truth came out that she had boasted to her workmates for days following how she had bedded the football team."

This little bit slip by you?

Sorry, but a person who is having sex with entire sports teams or some major portion therof can quite honestly be described as a slut.

If she wants to bed half of the team and brag about it then that's her perogative but to then call it rape after she brags to her friends and coworkers about doing it is just BS.

Yes, rape is wrong.

No rape victims don't run around bragging to their friends about having sex with a rugby team the next day.

Falsely accusing people of criminal acts is, in its self, a criminal act.

Go find an actual victim to champion.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
"Then the truth came out that she had boasted to her workmates for days following how she had bedded the football team."

This little bit slip by you?

Sorry, but a person who is having sex with entire sports teams or some major portion therof can quite honestly be described as a slut.

That may well be but one would think you would show some actual RESPECT for the female posters here and not use such an offensive term.. did that ever occur to you or do you not respect them either?

If she wants to bed half of the team and brag about it then that's her perogative but to then call it rape after she brags to her friends and coworkers about doing it is just BS.

Yes, rape is wrong.

No rape victims don't run around bragging to their friends about having sex with a rugby team the next day.

Falsely accusing people of criminal acts is, in its self, a criminal act.

Go find an actual victim to champion.

Was she charged with falsely filing a rape report then? She was obviously traumatised.. and if she was planning to consent to a whole footy team why did they have to hide outside the window and sneak in? If they were doing things above board and she was so willing why did they have to hide their intentions of doing a line up on her?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If she was boasting after, instead of seeking immediate prosecution, then it certainly implies she wasn't exactly resisting....

Rape is a horrible crime, no doubt about it, but tossing the accusation around loosely is also a horrible crime...

Her reported immediate behavior does not match that of a woman who feels she was taken advantage of...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If she was boasting after, instead of seeking immediate prosecution, then it certainly implies she wasn't exactly resisting....

Generally speaking I have a problem with this argument as most "real" rapes go unreported anyway. Waiting to report a crime is not an indication of lieing. I do not know if this woman was raped but it sounds like she was denograted.. did she consent to that? My main issue with this story is people's attitudes in response.. some have been saying just going into the hotel room was consent.

Rape is a horrible crime, no doubt about it, but tossing the accusation around loosely is also a horrible crime...

Her reported immediate behavior does not match that of a woman who feels she was taken advantage of...

It is unclear if she was talking about this incident or another where she may have just had another threesome. Regardless some people seem to think consenting to two was consenting to the whole team.

If she was indeed talking about this incident and was being honest I do not know why she would brag about it. Perhaps she just didn't know how to it and she had cornered herself by bragging about exploits earlier.. regardess I think she'd be told she was to blame for being a "slut". There is no "set" way for victims to behave.

Years ago I was talking to a (bit slow.. very passive) friend about losing virginity and she told me it was to the school gardener who was in his 20s and she was about 15. I asked her about it and she was convinced it was consentual and entirely her fault because, even though she said she had repetively said no and she cried she didn't hit him. I asked why she didn't fight back and she said "oh I could never hit someone." Not resisting is not consent.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

My main issue with this story is people's attitudes in response.. some have been saying just going into the hotel room was consent.

I can see and agree somewhat to that... Agreeing to a threesome is not the same as agreeing to the whole team. However, if she did boast about it afterwards...then that certainly makes the case for consent. So what if she did do the whole team?...it's not illegal to be permiscuous. (it's pretty skanky, but not illegal...)

But, if she then tries to ruin someone's life with a false accusation...that's a different story. Not saying that's what happened here, but something to consider.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

My main issue with this story is people's attitudes in response.. some have been saying just going into the hotel room was consent.

I can see and agree somewhat to that... Agreeing to a threesome is not the same as agreeing to the whole team. However, if she did boast about it afterwards...then that certainly makes the case for consent. So what if she did do the whole team?...it's not illegal to be permiscuous. (it's pretty skanky, but not illegal...)

It was never clear if she bragged about the group incident or a threesome one. I am still confused by it as I saw the 4 corners program and she was genuinely traumatised so not sure why she'd brag about it.

I'm not sure if you will be able to play this where you are but here is the original story:

www.abc.net.au...

But, if she then tries to ruin someone's life with a false accusation...that's a different story. Not saying that's what happened here, but something to consider.

His life is ruined because he was a co-host on a sports show that got caught with his pants down. Consentual or not a TV host that betrays hisr wife by having group sex with teenage girls isn't really good for a network's image.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Consentual or not a TV host that betrays hisr wife by having group sex with teenage girls isn't really good for a network's image

In his particular case, he made his own bed there, and must lie in it.

Just that I've personally witnessed (thankfully not me) incidents where a gal has accused someone of such an act just for spite, and even though she owned up to the falsehood, and there was no legal action, it still cost the guy his job and his fiance'....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That sucks. I think if someone falsely accusing someone of anything and it effects their public image they should retract it publically. I agree she should've cleared his name and tried to fix what she had done.

Likewise just as there may men who get falsely accused of rape.. most rape victims get falsely accused of being sluts. The idea that promiscious women/"sluts" can't be denograted because they're "already there" is aborhent to me. Some people seem to think they are fair game.. this is why prostitutes don't bother reporting rape and consider it an occupational hazard.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Omg, i can't believe a woman would lower herself to such standards.

Its one thing to sleep with a whole football team but to then try make out she didn't ok it. Thats twisted!

She basically cried rape that's never something to joke or toy with. She should get punished anyone should who falsely claims something like that.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I keep noticing, everytime I hear something about New Zealand....

Their police can't do anything about it....

At least that's better than getting tasered don't you think?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
You know,
I shouldn't have used the term slut. It wasn't ......nice. I apologize to anyone who was offended by my use of that particular term.
I've just got to say that the problem with this and a few other high profile "rape" cases is that it takes away from the gravity of the situation for actual cases of rape.

Women will have sex with the rich,celebrities, sports stars, sports teams public figures and the like. Afterwards they will wait a while until it is in their best interest or they can get a lot of attention and suddenly its "rape!"

These game players are like the boy who cried wolf. They remove credibility for women who are reporting actual rapes and they muddy up the water legally and morally for the accused who didn't actually do it. Then when there are real rapes, people have a hard time believing it.

Those dopes who like to have full team sex action, even with consentual participants, aren't showing a lot of class either.

These people who play games for attention and out of court settlements. They really should be prosecuted for breaking the law and for making it harder on real victims.

new topics

top topics

join