It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may be ready to back two-state solution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Israel is a settler state. As a settler state it must stay on the offensive. You just don't invade an Asian land and take it by force, kill or expell the majority of the native population and import millions of European and North African immigrants in the space of a generation and expect to get peace. Israel must stay on the offensive or die, I just don't see the natives forgiving what the Israelis have done any time in the near future.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey, we're agreeing here.

I just think that if I were attacked as many times as Israel, I'd have a hair trigger too.

Probably a moot point, as I seriously doubt that any such "agreement" will ever come to fruit.

If it does, Hamas is out of business.

And that won't be allowed.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hamas's main demand was to return boarders to pre 1967 war.

A lot of you are going to say "well they attacked, got defeated and now it's israels."

Please answer this question, Japan attacked America in classic "terrorist" fashion, suicide bombers and everything.

Does that mean the US should have started building settlements on their new land, was it US land now?

Should we have built settlements in Nazi Germany?

Once you give back the land you stole, keeping the land ARABS gave you after being asked to by the UN, there might be hope for peace.

As long as you occupy territory that is not yours, the people who rightly own the land will not give up, and never will.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Why have they been attacked so many times?

What are they doing to make people want to take their lives just to get back at israel?

What did they do to get so many enemies?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

They were attacked because they were Jews. Now forming the nation of Israel.

Don't ask me, study Islam. You'll find your answers stated very clearly there in their own texts.

And as far as occupied territory after defeating Japan and Germany after the war, we did.

We took bases for ourselves.

Israel WON the land.

Should France give back Brittany as it was formerly a territory of England?

Since Gaul was once Roman, should France surrender themselves to Rome?

The US was largely British, but you don't seem them wanting to claim it now, do you?

We seem to be highly selective in what we seem to allow for everyone else through the millennia, but none of that applies to Israel for some strange reason.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Talks, and the truth:

Fierce firefights reported as Israeli troops move into Gaza

JERUSALEM – Israeli tanks and soldiers punched into the Hamas-led Gaza Strip on Saturday night as the nation's eight-day-old military campaign to destabilize the hard-line Islamist rulers moved into a more volatile phase.

www.thestate.com...

Two-State solution is the only solution - and giving that as another empty promise, to get green light to challenge Iran and Syria: Thats a bad deal for all.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com

The director of the CIA was recently sent on a secret mission to Israel to warn its leaders not to launch a surprise attack on Iran without notifying the Obama administration, the Times of London reported on Thursday.

FOX News could not immediately confirm the report.

As Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, prepares to visit Washington, it emerged on Thursday that Leon Panetta went to Israel two weeks ago. He sought assurances from Netanyahu and Ehud Barak, the defense minister, that their hawkish new government would not attack Iran without alerting Washington.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You know it was reported that Israel had been lobying the US for years to get permission to attack Iran, it's funny that the US would politely "ask" them not to during these times.

Perhaps just a story so the US can have clean hands if the situation does escalate.

Further more, why would Fox news of all places be privy to such a "secret" trip?

Can't confirm the report eh? That sounds more like Fox. They usually don't tell you they've confirmed anything.

~Keeper

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hey don't shoot the messenger I'm just trying to dig this stuff up. That way if the SHTF nobody could say they didn't know.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not shooting anybody Slayer, come on now, I see your weaponry (insert Avatar photo) and quite frankly my tree branch is trumped by your big gun there

But it is interesting that all this peace talk goes down whenever diplomatic meetins are being done, you never get aggresion in these things, only after the fact when countries are done making their promises.

Another day on the stage of world politics I gues....

~Keeper

[edit on 5/16/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Netanyahu won't back Palestinian state on US trip: MP

JERUSALEM (AFP) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will refuse on his trip to Washington to back the formation of a Palestinian state, an MP close to the premier said on Saturday, according to public radio.

news.yahoo.com...

... Deserves maybe own thread (AIPAC Agendas) - but I link here, in case some havent seen these,

Aipac's hidden persuaders

The Israel lobby is aiming to soften up US public opinion for an attack on Iran. Americans should resist its propaganda.

The Israelis are following the template of the Bush administration's run-up to the Iraq war. First, the US government advocated half-hearted efforts at diplomatic engagement. Then it ratcheted up pressure through sanctions and UN resolutions. That is where the Israeli campaign stands now.

www.guardian.co.uk...

ElBaradei: Israel strike on Iran would be 'insane'

"It would be completely insane to attack Iran," ElBaradei told Germany's Der Spiegel magazine. "That would turn the region into one big fireball, and the Iranians would immediately start building the bomb - and they could count on the support of the entire Islamic world."

haaretz.com...

The Lobby Wants War
original.antiwar.com...

AND FINALLY THE TRUTH BEHIND THESE "TALKS" ....

The U.S. to Raise Military Aid to Israel

Despite expectations that the Obama administration will pressure Israel to accept a two-state solution and implement practical measures, the U.S. administration has sent signals that aid to Israel will, in fact, be raised. At the same time, the budget also imposes harsh conditions on the Palestinian Authority in order to receive aid.

www.alternativenews.org...

[edit on 16-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You are so misguided. Arabs gave israel the land? UK gave the land to Israel. You should visit the UN's website to learn a little history. There was a two state solution on the table as early as 1948. Then, just as in every opportunity for peace since, the Arabs were offered a peaceful solution that Israel agreed too and the Arabs walked away from the table.

The only deal the Arabs will ever accept is one which does not include the continued existance of Israel.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i notice how the CIA is always involved....
no doubt playing isreal against the US in a lets make friends type of deal.

"you help us and they'll help you."

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Great find.
So now what?
Who is telling the truth?
What is the truth?
Anybody remember what that is?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

They were attacked because they were Jews. Now forming the nation of Israel.

WRONG.

Israel's creation in 1948 was the decision of Europe.

Without consulting the people living there.

The people living in Palestine had their land given away by people who had never even been there, to be a homeland for people who - for the most part - had never been there, either. And they had absolutely NO SAY IN THE MATTER. The decision was made by 33 of the then 46 members of the UN general assembly, to wit: Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Byelorussian S.S.R., Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, Ukrainian S.S.R., Union of South Africa, U.S.A., U.S.S.R., Uruguay, Venezuela.

THAT is the root of this problem. And that's why the Palestinians started fighting in 1947, and why they have not stopped since. That they are Jews is largely irrelevant - this situation would be occurring regardless of their religion. If you need proof of that, you'll find it in British India's countless uprisings - and just about every other nation in the world that emerged from colonial rule.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkava

Palestinians will only get their chance when the Arab nations Wake Up around it.Little israel is no match if the Arabs decide to trample all over it slahudeen style.

That has been tried before.

History has shown us that outcome not once but twice.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is really an innocent question. Why does the US give Israel so much money in the first place. When and why did this happen? Why should the american tax payer fund the israeli army?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I don't trust wiki that much but...

It's a good place to start do your own research to find out the stuff that's left out of wiki info

US-Israel

Israel–United States relations are an important factor in overall United States policy in the Middle East. The United States Congress places considerable importance on the maintenance of a close and supportive relationship. The main expression of support for Israel has been foreign aid, which Congress monitors closely along with other issues in bilateral relations. Congressional concerns have affected different administrations' policies over the last 60 years.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

The answer to that is something a lot of people will deny.

Zionism.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

It has nothing to do with Zionism it has to do with the fact that the US is controlled by bankers, the most prominent of which are Iraelis.

Zionism, my god, that was a proven hoax, mind you there is some truth to it, I do believe the movement existed some time ago, but I don't think it carries the operating power and influence most people think it does.

As far ast he US giving the money, well does anybody know who the US' 51st state is? I am offering a star for the answer

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join