It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Military Tribunals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Obama's Military Tribunals

online.wsj.com

President Obama's endorsements of Bush-Cheney antiterror policies are by now routine: for example, opposing the release of prisoner abuse photographs and support for indefinite detention for some detainees, and that's just this week. More remarkable is White House creativity in portraying these U-turns as epic change. Witness yesterday's announcement endorsing military commissions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
OK here we go.
On the one hand we have the Evil Bush/Chaney band wagon and now after he starts to find out whats really going on NOW some of the former administrations policies are considered OK?

It goes on to say.

White House officials insist that their tribunals will be kinder and gentler, stressing additional due-process safeguards for terrorists on trial for war crimes. But the debate that has convulsed the political system since 9/11 isn't about procedural nuances. It has been over core principles, with Democrats decrying a "shadow justice system" and claiming that "Our Constitution and our Uniform Code of Military Justice provide a framework for dealing with the terrorists."

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What no replies?
Now that is a conspiracy.

Giving this one a shameless bump.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Your getting no replies because no living breathing Obama voter wants to admit the hypocrisy they are witnessing. They berated the Bush Administration for years over this type crap and now that their beloved is following the same path, its now "O.K." Get with the program.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I was reading this and sitting here, I just became kind of disccussed with the whole thing that's going on.
I relize me as a person can not do to much, the whole system appears to be broken.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I am a first time presidential voter...

I voted for Obama.

The first couple days were great!

It seemed like it was change in the right direction.

I now see flip-flopping on that change.

I do not think McSame would have been any better.

Either choice would have got us to where we are, but I'm disappointed in Obama.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I like how you called McCain McSame and how you state that you are just dissapointed in Obama.

Looks as if President Obama is the one that should have a snappy little name that compares him to W.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Duplicate Thread:

Please post in the ongoing discussion:

Obama to resurrect military commissions for terror suspects

Closing

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join